The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

These pics remind me of Christmas at Skeldale House, on the show All Creatures Great and Small, where Tricky- Woo, Mrs. Pumphrey's spoiled Pekingese would send the vets F&M hampers for Christmas!
You'll have to watch the show to understand....

Old 03-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Judging by the expression on the Queen's, Kate's and Camilla's faces, either Kate or Camilla got something really nice - and the other two didn't!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Camilla's title has been discussed in GREAT DETAIL in various British threads. It has also been explained perfectly by some members in this very thread.

For those who still wish to discuss it or don't completely understand how she is fact both The Duchess of Cornwall and The Princess of Wales (but is known formally by the Cornwall title), please feel free to visit http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...es-258-57.html .

We won't go into greater detail in this thread.

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 03-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Video from Sky News
Catherines World
Old 03-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
These pics remind me of Christmas at Skeldale House, on the show All Creatures Great and Small, where Tricky- Woo, Mrs. Pumphrey's spoiled Pekingese would send the vets F&M hampers for Christmas!
I'm with you. Obviously a Pekingese with great taste, you can't get better than A Fortnum and Mason hamper.

I laughed at the part where the boss of F&M mentioned to the Queen that they had put some dog biscuits in the hampers. Apparently the Queen's eyes lit up and she started digging into the hamper looking for them. Camilla and Kate apparently followed suit.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Damn watching all those videos made me want some sweets haha how lucky was The Queen, Camilla and Catherine to get to try all those tasty treats
Old 03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Oh my goodness ! How funny were those moments? Truly priceless, especially when Siegfried and Tristan would beg James to go and do all those visits to Mrs. Pumphrey, so they could get some goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Judging by the expression of the Queen's, Kate's and Camilla's faces, either Kate or Camilla got something really nice - and the other two didn't!
Yes, Her Majesty does look a little put out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I'm with you. Obviously a Pekingese with great taste, you can't get better than A Fortnum and Mason hamper.

I laughed at the part where the boss of F&M mentioned to the Queen that they had put some dog biscuits in the hampers. Apparently the Queen's eyes lit up and she started digging into the hamper looking for them. Camilla and Kate apparently followed suit.
That was very funny. I bet the Corgis and Lupo were in doggy heaven later in the day .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Damn watching all those videos made me want some sweets haha how lucky was The Queen, Camilla and Catherine to get to try all those tasty treats
I had that reaction too! Goodness, now the chocolate pudding in my fridge is not cutting it .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

There was a point in one of the videos when Kate was hanging so far back as they were departing that Camilla had to look around for her. I guess Kate may have been a bit overwhelmed being in HM's company and mindful of the protocol, but when she and Camilla were tasting the sweets they were very relaxed and chatting away.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

You know you're in Fortnum and Mason when one of the staff mention that you should try putting one of the candied rose petals you've just tried into some champagne!

I think Kate was, understandably, a bit nervous. She was very careful to be respectful not only to the Queen, but to Camilla as well i.e making sure to walk behind her, letting Camilla stand closest to the Queen, letting Camilla get into the car first. It was nice to see.

Next week's away day in Leicester with HMQ and the DoE will be interesting! I'm sure she has butterflies in her tummy.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Another photogallery

Kate Joins Her Majesty And Camilla On A Historic Visit To Fortnum & Mason [PHOTOS] - Socialite Life
Old 03-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

A few more photos from today's event.

The Queen, Camilla and Catherine visit Fortnum and Mason | Royal Insight
Old 03-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for all the links and coverage! Delightful. I wish we all had hampers too - we could have a tea party.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I think we're likely to at some stage Molly. I think if Philip is easing off a little bit, the Queen's children will join HM on at least a few occasions.

Maybe even some grandchildren; Beatrice or Eugenie could help out.
I'd love to see Beatrice or Eugenie accompany the Queen, that would be lovely. Shame Lady Louise is too young, she'd love a trip out with Granny! I hope Sophie attends something with the Queen, i'd love to see them interact in public considering they're meant to be very close.

Thanks for all the links to images and videos, i'd LOVE a F&M hamper for myself.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post

I had that reaction too! Goodness, now the chocolate pudding in my fridge is not cutting it .
I just had a whole red velvet cupcake with vanilla latte and now I'm stuffed. I have the royal ladies to thank for that! I dunno why but I'm thoroughly enjoying watching the videos again and again more so then normal. Should be fun seeing Catherine the Queen and the DOE together next week, though I hope they do it a bit later on in the day, I wanna be around this time!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, yum, a tea party sounds good right about now. I've got enough teapots to host several at one time....now for a tea hamper from F&M.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Commoner

Seeing the Queen together with the Duchesses was wonderful! I am slightly confused to see that the Queen never spoke with Catherine. I saw the Queen looking quizzically at Catherine's feet in one picture, but otherwise the Queen did not look at Catherine. Camilla seemed to be in the middle speaking with the Queen or speaking with Catherine. Is this just my imagination, or has anyone else noticed?

This is a link to the picture:
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Kate+Middleton/The+Royals+Visit+Fortnum+Mason/dv9FZoPdQmu
Old 03-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess these 2 articles would go in the Diamond Jubilee thread but it's been locked so I'll post them here
Prince William, Harry want Kanye West for Queen Diamond Jubilee show? - Music News - Digital Spy
Princes William and Harry ask Gary Barlow to get top US and UK talent for Diamond Jubilee concert | Ghanamma.com
Old 03-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

More videos

This one is pretty much the same as all the other ones but I posted it cause there's no music playing over it or any commentary while the 3 royal ladies are chatting so you can actually hear what they're saying

Another skynews video
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16180368
Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

What woman doesn't love chocolate? Heard Kate's admission she loves chocolate loud and clear! Thanks for the videos, Ghost Night!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Majesty

Great photos.Lovely pictures of the three women together.

Closed Thread