The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 06:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I think I read they are also going to check out some Jubilee merchandise, some cups and plates I believe.

THEY'RE HERE!
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter The Queen and two Duchesses arrive by car.. Kate's wearing an expensive Missoni dress coat and a small daffodil to mark St. David's Day.

Katie Nicholl ‏ @katienicholl Queen in an aqua blue coat dress, Camilla in navy and white and Kate in blue! (Not brown!)

Victoria Murphy ‏ @QueenVicMirror Kate is having a good old chat with Boris Johnson as she arrives with the Queen and Camilla

Ok now I can go to bed finally! It's been fun all I'll catch up on pics in the morning

Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just arrived, The Quueen in sky blue, Camilla in navy and cream, Catherine in a grey coat with a daffodil as it's St David's day.

They all arrived in the Queen's state Bentley.

Heh, there are about 4 protestors there holding placards. Not, as you might think, protesting about the monarchy but about the foie gras that F&M sell.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I can't wait for pictures but just out of curiosity till we get some, are the royals in hats today or not?
Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen is, Kate and Camilla are not.

There seems to be some debate as to the colour of Kate's coat/dess. It look kind of like a charcoal grey, but some on Twitter are suggesting blue.

Full length Kate

Camilla taking a peep back to make sure Catherne's still there and ok

Camilla full length

The Queen full length

Some people have a problem with foie gras
Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Kate Middleton Has Arrived at Fortnum & Mason Wearing a Blue Coat | Grazia Fashion
Old 03-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

This is the only pic I can see of the 3 of them:

AP :: Images :: Search Results :: queen elizabeth II

Picture of Kate

Getting out of the State Bentley for the 1st time of many I'm sure!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Royal shopping trip: Kate, the Queen and Duchess of Cornwall visit Fortnum & Mason | Mail Online
Old 03-01-2012, 06:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

They've just left Fortnum and Mason. Camilla and Kate both keeping sure to stay behind the Queen!

Kate had a bit of difficulty getting back into the State Bentley. Camilla was sitting in the back seat with the Queen but Kate sat in a seat facing them both. I think one of HM's LiWs were in there somewhere.

Richard Palmer of the Express said that inside Camille was constantly shepherding Kate and keeping her right.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Queen Elizabeth II, Duchess Of Cornwall And The Duchess Of Cambridge Visit Fortnum And Mason Store

Getty Images - Cerca: GBR: Queen Elizabeth II, Duchess Of Cornwall And The Duchess Of Cambridge Visit Fortnum And Mason Store

Hello: Kate is an elegant support act for William's beloved grandma and stepmum

Belga Picture
Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Here are the gettyimages pics without watermarks:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 03-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely to see the three women out together carrying out an engagement. Catherine looked great and it was clear she was making sure not to take the spotlight from the Queen. Perfect performance!

I hope other members of the family do engagements with the Queen. We've seen Princess Anne go with the Queen so perhaps Charles, Andrew, Edward and Sophie will make an appearance with her? I hope so!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Royal tea party: Girls’ day out for Kate, the Queen and Duchess of Cornwall on official visit to Fortnum & Mason

Read more: Royal tea party: Girls¿ day out for Kate, the Queen and Duchess of Cornwall on official visit to Fortnum & Mason | Mail Online
Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think we're likely to at some stage Molly. I think if Philip is easing off a little bit, the Queen's children will join HM on at least a few occasions.

Maybe even some grandchildren; Beatrice or Eugenie could help out.

I think this was a nice engagement. It just underlines that the Queen is confident in these two and she feels that they will support her heirs successfully as Queens when the time comes.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate looks completely intimideted (at least in public) by the two senior royal women.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

So lovely to see the three generations of royal ladies together.
Her Majesty, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge all look brilliant, although I have to say I like Camilla's ensemle most.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Kate looks completely intimideted (at least in public) by the two senior royal women.
Intimidated? Not sure how you are interpreting this other than she is keeping her place in Royal protocol by following behind The Queen and the DOC who outrank her. Her body language shows that she is also being respectful of wanting the focus to be on The Queen rather than her.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
She is still learning the ropes, it's not yet automatically for her to find the right step on following the two other ladies, so she must be very careful not to set her foot wrong. But she'll learn quickly. One article said that Camilla helped her and that's good to know.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Serene Highness

Fabulous pictures of the trio! They all look wonderful in shades of blue. It's obvious that Camilla and Kate have a good relationship -- just look at the way Camilla looks glowingly at Kate in some of the pictures. Very nice.

I look forward to seeing the Queen carrying out engagements with some of her other grandchildren this year.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate and Camilla seemed to get to see the really interesting bit of the store: the bakery!

So much to choose from, what is a Duchess to do?!

Camilla and Kate get stuck in

The Queen has the last laugh though, as she finds the serious baked goods!

Closed Thread