British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Well, I'd say that you're quite 'somebody' if the corgis come out to greet you!!

Larry

They probably went out to do what they have to do.... outside!

Last edited by a moderator:
There will ALWAYS be an England, darlings....always. American Presidents shall come and go....yet the House of Windsor shall always be.

Cheers!

There will ALWAYS be an England, darlings....always. American Presidents shall come and go....yet the House of Windsor shall always be.

No. They'll only be there as long as the people want them there.

We will be ditching them in the not too distant future, and what I've been reading from some people about the touching incident involving Mrs Obama is making me feel less unhappy about the prospect of a republic.

The Queen was joined by members of the Royal Family at an Easter Sunday service at Windsor Castle today.

Queen at Windsor for Easter Sunday - Telegraph
-------------------------
:previous: It is quite scary now that the new, less visible security has come into force. It is only since the announcement was made that members of the public have been allowed in, without security checks beforehand. :eek:
-------------------------
The ladies of the Royal Family put on a full buffet of bonnets for their Easter services yesterday.
The unlikely culinary theme began with Princess Anne, who appeared to be providing the fruit course

Fruit and feathers: The Royal Family's Easter bonnets on parade | Mail Online

I adore Her Majesties hat, it looks like she has blueberry coloured dazzles (chocolate sweets) on her hat.
What do you mean about security skydragon?

Yes Princess Anne's hat is very different. Sophie's hat is beautifully traditonal, and looks stunning on her :)

I adore Her Majesties hat, it looks like she has blueberry coloured dazzles (chocolate sweets) on her hat.
What do you mean about security skydragon?x
:flowers: Bag searches and ID were always the normal practice and at many services, if HM and the family were attending, it was only know regulars and pre approved members of the public allowed in to the service. Although I understand there is still a visible and non visible police presence, in order to cut back on costs, many of the ID checks are no longer made. In the present climate, not good, not good at all! :nonono:

I always admired the Queen for being dressed with charm , always adding little contrast, her hats, and for being a very witty woman. When she appears is like a soft light enters the room. She adds spicy too England. My favourite monarch!

:previous: From the Mail article
Sophie, Countess of Wessex, appeared with what looked like an entire bird perched on her head. The tall, trilby-style design made its statement thanks to a variety of different feathers
Now we know why Edward was so desperate to have that dead bird!:D

I fails to understand the headlines when all the royal ladies hats have been seen in public several times before.

Maybe this is what he's doing for a creative outlet since he can't do films anymore.;):)

Actually, I quite like Sophie and Edward. I also like most of Sophie's clothes, but some of her hats are strange.

Now we know why Edward was so desperate to have that dead bird!:D

Pics 28.4.2009

Britain's Queen Elizabeth, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent during
a reception to mark the 60th anniversary of the Commonwealth London
Declaration at Buckingham Palace in London April 28, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

:previous:
HM looks to be in very good form in these pics, and quite animated at times.
Always the focus of attention, she appears to be in her element holding court in Pic 5.

I agree with you Warren, suits the Queen holding court around all those men :flowers:
Thank you for those pictures.
x

When I looked at this pic, what came to my mind was HM saying, "The men's room is over there.":lol:

HM looks to be in very good form in these pics, and quite animated at times.
Always the focus of attention, she appears to be in her element holding court in Pic 5.

Prince Charles, Prince Andrew and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall,
at St Paul's Cathedral for a Service of Thanksgiving to commemorate
the 100th anniversary of Naval aviation, London, May 8, 2009.

Here's the gallery of today's pics from zimbio without watermarks,
nice to see Camilla with these matching navy colours :)

Naval Thanksgiving At St Pauls Cathedral

Last edited:
Is the Windsor Castle Royal Tattoo an annual event?

Yes, it has been held annually since the early-mid 1940s.

Yesterday HM The Queen, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh and HRH The Prince of Wales attended a service for the Order of Merit in the Chapel Royal, St. James's Palace and subsequently entertained members of the Order and their spouses to Luncheon at Buckingham Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom