British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, up to now, I can only be able to identify that the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, with Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were at the State Banquet. The Duke of York could be there, as he welcomed Their Excellencies this morning. Princess Anne is away overseas so she can't be there. But for the Prince of Wales, and the Wessexes, I can't find them in the background or not yet.

Here are some other pics from the afternoon:

Mexico's President Felipe Calderon and Britain's Queen Elizabeth visit
an exhibition of Mexican items from the Royal Collection in the Picture
Gallery at Buckingham Palace in London March 30, 2009.

Pic 5 has a funny effect ;), but I also like the face expression on pic 4 :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Her Majesty and Duke of Edinburgh seem to have a good time visiting an exhibition. I hope photos of the banquet will be released. It would be nice to see Prince and Princess Michael.

i would like to see Prince William at a state banquet - yes i know he is on RAF training but he is nearly 27 and i think it is about time he stepped up and did these family engagments at state visits etc im sure they could spare him from his barracks one night they do let him out when he wants to go clubbing.
actually it would be nice to see the younger royals attending - harry, beatrice, and eugenie if she is still in london they get off with doing far too little

Getty Images - Queen Elizabeth II Hosts State Banquet For Mexico's President Felipe Calderon And Margarita Zavala duchess of gloucester at state banquet

Last edited by a moderator:
Do grandchildren of the monarch ever attend State banquets? It's so hard to tell because there hasn't been an of-age second-in-line since Edward VII's day.:ermm: Perhaps if one was scheduled while the Prince of Wales was out of the country?

Last edited:
i would like to see Prince William at a state banquet - yes i know he is on RAF training but he is nearly 27 and i think it is about time he stepped up and did these family engagments at state visits etc im sure they could spare him from his barracks one night they do let him out when he wants to go clubbing

actually it would be nice to see the younger royals attending - harry, beatrice, and eugenie if she is still in london they get off with doing far too little

I must agree He now has the Garter and is a serving officer, by 27 Charles was practically hosting state visits- William needs to get his act together for these big occasions. If The Queen and Charles were both to die within a few months of each other he wouldn't have a clue!

It is unusual for The Duchess of Gloucester to get to sit at the top table at a state banquet!

I think that if Camilla and Sophie attended then one of them would have been sitting where the DOG is as they are more senior. From the pics I have seen and because of Prince Andrew's attendance earlier today it looks as though only the Gloucesters, Prince & Princess Michael and Prince Andrew have been there tonight which makes this one of the poorest attended State Banquets ever. I wish we could see the other side of the top table as I would like a good look at Princess M's dress.

It is unusual for The Duchess of Gloucester to get to sit at the top table at a state banquet!

im presuming it is because none of the other royals were there so she is next to take precedence - i dont know i could be wrong be Anne isnt there, Camilla is probably still ill, i cant see sophie so that would just leave DoG
But im glad that she is so far up as she is my favourite british royal and its nice to actualy get to see a picture of her

im presuming it is because none of the other royals were there so she is next to take precedence - i dont know i could be wrong be Anne isnt there, Camilla is probably still ill, i cant see sophie so that would just leave DoG
But im glad that she is so far up as she is my favourite british royal and its nice to actualy get to see a picture of her

True, I forgot Anne's in the Southern Ocean, Camilla's ill and Sophie isn't there, it is nice to see Brigitte up at the top for a change, she looks really well in her tiara and RVO

I wonder why only Prince Andrew was able to attend the banquet. Notable absence of Princess Anne, Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall, as well as Count and Countess of Wessex sends an interesting message. Given the information by Royal Protocol, Princess Anne and Duchess of Cornwall have got some excuses for not showing. At the same time, I could not help, but wonder what prevented Prince Edward and Countess Sophie from attending. Does it mean that the visit was organised on a short notice?

Picture details

This picture looks interesting. There is something glowing on Princess Michael's (at the back) left shoulder. I wonder if she's been given the Royal Family Order at long last. I wish we could get a proper look.

Holy Schnikies! Will ya look at that tiara! Which one is that?

The Duchess isn't well of course, as for Princess Michael's RFO - I was thinking the other day it might be about time she had it.

It would be a graceful act on Her Majesty's part to finally give RFO to Princess Michael. However, I doubt she will ever do it.

It could be one of the most high-profile Banquet that the Duchess has attended until now i think. It's so great to see her sitting alongside the President. Not many chances like last night at all.

It could be one of the most high-profile Banquet that the Duchess has attended until now i think. It's so great to see her sitting alongside the President. Not many chances like last night at all.

The Duchess of Gloucester is at most state Banquets but it was nice to see her right up at the top table, she is so elegant with the gloves and lovely smile:)

Hmm any particular reason, or because of the mixing members.
Or has she met the President before, i mean has she visited Mexico on a personal tour?
Lovely pictures.
x

She was the highest rank lady there. Anne is in the Falklands, Camilla is sick, and Sophie didn't attend.

As I said before, I wish we had photos of the other side of the top table as Princess M would have been sitting there as the only other Royal lady after the DOG. I have noticed before that all the pics of state banquets at Buckingham palace are taken of the Queen's right-hand side so you never see who is sitting on the other side.

Nice to see the Brazilian Aquamarine ensemble on HM, also nice to see the Indian tiara on the Duchess of Gloucester.

Nice to see the Brazilian Aquamarine ensemble on HM, also nice to see the Indian tiara on the Duchess of Gloucester.

Well I can agree with the second statement HRH looks really well, as for HM (which I really regret to say):sick:

The aquamarine parure isn't a favourite of mine, either. It looks awfully heavy, and HM is such a small woman.

The aquamarine parure isn't a favourite of mine, either. It looks awfully heavy, and HM is such a small woman.

I agree, It just isn't a good look for The Queen, she has such lovely tiaras esp. GGBI, pity the aquamarines have to make an outing every now and then!!

If we see bandages on Michelle's ankles, we'll know what happened.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom