British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She does look like the Duchess of Kent. We don't see her often at family gatherings.:ermm:

More to the point: who is the lady with Prince Edward!!!??? I think Phillip is walking with the Duchess of Kent.

More to the point: who is the lady with Prince Edward!!!??? I think Phillip is walking with the Duchess of Kent.

In case you mean the lady sitting on her folding chair, she's a
very down-to-earth royal fan ;) I feel certain that the lady
with Prince Philip is not the Duchess of Kent, although there
actually is a faint resemblance :)

I wonder who the Duchess-of-Kent-like lady is? Any ideas? Perhaps one of Prince Philip's relatives?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder who the Duchess-of-Kent-like lady is? Any ideas? Perhaps one of Prince Philip's relatives?

I was thinking the same thing. Or could she be a lady-in-waiting to the Queen?
As for the little lady in the folding chair, I think she's adorable. I hope P Edward had gone over to offer her a greeting.

Pics 31.1.2009

Queen Elizabeth, Princess Anne and her husband Tim on a pheasant
shoot on the Sandringham Estate, Norfolk, Britain - 31 Jan 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Braemar Gathering

:scotflag:

:DI just booked my grandstand ticket for this years Royal Breamar Gathering:D

Has anyone ever been before? What is it like? and what do you wear?- I'm not Scottish and have no intention of wearing a kilt:D

I'm quite looking forward to the day though it's quite a long time away!
:royalscotland:

Last edited:
I'm not Scottish and have no intention of wearing a kilt:D
Thank goodness for that, If you do not have a clan and therefore do not have a Tartan, it is considered very bad form. :flowers:

Although I am sure, as usual there will be some plastic Scots in attendance! :D

Nice to see HM enjoying herself. Thanks for the pheasant shoot pics, Iceflower. :flowers:

I'm going to show my ignorance now, by asking whether, when you eat one of those birds that has been felled by shotgun pellets, you have to be on your guard to make sure you don't break a tooth on a pellet, or are they easy to spot and remove before the critter is cooked?

Nice to see HM enjoying herself. Thanks for the pheasant shoot pics, Iceflower. :flowers:

I'm going to show my ignorance now, by asking whether, when you eat one of those birds that has been felled by shotgun pellets, you have to be on your guard to make sure you don't break a tooth on a pellet, or are they easy to spot and remove before the critter is cooked?
Normally after the bird has been plucked, cook can see where they went in and get them out before cooking them. It also depends how close the shooter was to the bird when they killed it and which shot they used. It is always wise to be a little wary though. :D

I ate some roast pheasant once at a posh country pub in Norfolk and found two lead pellets and so did my friends - cook must have been having a bad day! :lol:

I ate some roast pheasant once at a posh country pub in Norfolk and found two lead pellets and so did my friends - cook must have been having a bad day! :lol:
Painful hearing the scrunch of your fillings shattering!:eek: :flowers:

Pics 25.2.2009

Members of the British Royal Family during a reception for the Great
Britain Paralympic team at Buckingham Palace on February 25, 2009
in London, England. Hosted by Queen Elizabeth II and attended by
the Duke of Edinburgh, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, and the
Duchess of Cornwall, the royal reception honoured Team GB Para-
lympians for their outstanding success at the Beijing 2008 Olympic
Games.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

These are all great pictures, thanks iceflower! I think that my favourite is the one of Her Majesty speaking to the man with the pink, spiky mohawk!:flowers:

I also like the most pic#6. It is just amazing . :) Camilla looked very nice during this reception.

Very nice pictures. Does anybody know why Camilla may have been dressed in what might be described as evening wear, whilst HM and Sophie are in "work wear"?

She was going to attend a dinner at Guildhall after the reception. So she probably wouldn't have had time to change!

Thank you Andrew. The reception at Guildhall was not listed in the diary section of the POW's website.

British Royal Family Relationships

Dear All

I am currently researching a television series about the Queen and I am looking at 1992 in particular. This was undoubtedly a traumatic year for the British Royal Family and ended with the separation of the Prince and Princess of Wales. I am looking for people who can remember this year in terms of the Royal Family scandals and who might want to talk about it on camera. These are the following areas of discussion:

1. Did 1992 mark the break up of the Windsor Family?
2. Could the Queen have done more to keep the family together?
3. Was the Morton book an act of betrayal against the Royal Family or was Princess Diana right to lift the facade?
4. Was this the most damaging year to the British Monarchy?

If you have any opinions on these subjects I would love to hear from you - preferrably British residents I'm afraid!

Many thanks

Laura

Zara Phillips enjoyed her third day at the Cheltenham Festival today looking sleek and groomed - but this time, she had her family in tow.

Zara was joined by the Queen and Princess Anne, who had travelled to the Gloucestershire race course - the first time the Queen has come to the meet in 50 years - to cheer on Her Majesty's horse, Barbers Shop.

Military Zara groomed to perfection for the Gold Rush on Queen's big day | Mail Online

Love the pic of Her Majesty surrounded by the security!:flowers:
Zara looks lovely and the queen as always looks classy and the red sweet her too much :) i love to see the queen in such events ,she really enjoy watching her beloved horses ;)

Queen Elizabeth 11 atcheltenham races09

Hi this is my first posting here so hope its ok

my name is Jules I am a freelance press photographer and thought you may like to see some pictures I took at Cheltenham Gold Cup this year (and read myblogs)
on my website www.concertphotography.co.uk you will find various pictures of Her Majasty, Princess Anne and Zara Philips taken last week ot the Festival Ihope you enjoy them

If you have the time there many other images of royals dotted around my galleries (in products) these include Prince Charles (and Camilla) Prince William and Kate Middleton Princess Anne Zara Philips Peter Philips (his engagement pics at gatcombe)and Princess Michael of Kent.
Please do leave comments on pics

thanks and enjoy

Great pictures- thank you,

The security ring round HM was a bit heavy handed, not as gracious as Ascot.

Did you enjoy the racing and seeing The Queen?

Pics 30.3.2009

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip and Prince Andrew at
the formal welcoming ceremony of Mexican President Felipe
Calderon on Horseguards Parade on the first day of his four-
day state visit, in London, on March 30, 2009. Calderon is set
to attend the G20 summit in London on tackling the global
financial crisis on April 2 while he is in the city, as Mexico is
one of the world's leading emerging economies.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Zimbio gallery :

President Of Mexico Receives Official Ceremonial Welcome

Last edited:
I don't like Her majesty's outfit, that hat doesn't suit her. Who i assume is the Presidents wife, i love her outfit.
No Prince Charles/Camilla?
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom