British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a beautiful Service!! I'm shocked once again to see how Her Majesty looks younger than her daughter.... HRH really needs a fashion advisor. Where did she take that hat???? Sophie doesn't seems in a good mood. I hope everything is going well for her.

A truly remarkable man to honor, and what a lovely service it appeared by all accounts to be.
Her Majesty just looked wonderful--as usual. I think I'm seeing Princess Anne showing a stronger resemblence to Princess Margaret than I remember in the past. I don't care for the cravat, or the hat--but I do like Princess Anne so even though she can appear unpolished, I find that it endears her to me and makes her quite charming at times. It completely suits her personality that she could care less about clothes. Still, a nice black suit would have been nice with pearls and a nice brooch.
Sophie, Sophie, Sophie. What a hat. She needs to take a cue from her mother and sister in-law. That hat had too much going on for a funeral.

I used to wear a lot of those bow ties... in the 1980s. And whoever said Anne looked like a stewardess was right IMO. And why couldn't Sophie have produced a black hat?? It looked as if she had had to scramble for a hat at the last moment. Hmmm.

I figured that same, Philip pulled out at the last minute, open seat near the Queen needed fulling, phone Sophie.

yes it seems abit strange that she came out of maternity leave for this service yet couldnt go to meet the President and Firts Lady of France - make up your Sophie are you coming back to work or just choosing the events you want to go to. (She must have had a black hat somewhere in her vast collection - showed a distinct lack of respect and that hat needs
put on a bonfire IT WAS ONE OF THE WORST)

The Countess of Wessex seems to be trying out hats for Royal Ascot. Dunno who told her that would be appropriate...perhaps she thought she was meeting the Nicholas de Sarkozy instead? ;-)

I used to wear a lot of those bow ties... in the 1980s. And whoever said Anne looked like a stewardess was right IMO. And why couldn't Sophie have produced a black hat?? It looked as if she had had to scramble for a hat at the last moment. Hmmm.
I thought her name was down to attend anyway, so it shouldn't have been last minute, besides which, she always wears those ghastly flowerpots. :flowers:

Everyone has at least 2 or 3 black hats at the ready, don't they?:ermm:

Very, very strange choice of hat on Sophie's part. I can't imagine what possessed her to wear it.

As her flowerpot hats go, I don't mind it - at least it doesn't have a whole bantam or cabbage glued to the side - but it had no place with that black outfit and on that occasion.

Last week, William, Harry and Kate attended The Wibble: a charity event hosted by Guy Pelly, Susanna Warren and Jamie Murrary Wells, to raise money for the Henry van Straubenzee Memorial Fund. Henry was killed in a car accident during his gap year and the Fund supports the school in Uganda he was to volunteer at.
Also, in attendance were Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice, with her boyfriend, David Clark.

The Wibble - 3 April 2008

Pics 25.4.2008

The Duke of Kent and the Duke of Gloucester attending the Service
of Commemoration and thanksgiving to mark Anzac Day at Westminster
Cathedral, London, 25/04/2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

King Abdullah and Queen Rania have begun working visit to the UK on June 3. it is yet unclear wheather they would meet any member of the Royal Family (nothing can be found in the Royal Calendar), and it does appear to be just a working visit. So far, they have met with PM Gordon Brown.

Nevertheless, you can find the thread here, if you are interested, you can find the thread here.

King Abdullah and Queen Rania's working visit to the UK

Pics 15.+16.7.2008

Queen Elizabeth II with the Earl of Wessex and the Duke of Edinburgh
at one of this year's Royal Garden Parties in the grounds of Buckingham
Palace in London - 15 Jul 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Kent at the Service for The Order of St
Michael and St George at St Pauls Cathedral, London, Britain - 16 Jul 2008

The Queen looked very impressive :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Pics 22.7.2008

Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess
of Cornwall Summer at the last summer Garden Party of 2008 at
Buckingham Palace, London, Britain - 22 Jul 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

The Queen looks lovely in the red and white dress, if a little bit 1960s. Has anybody seen any other pictures of C&C at the garden party?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the dress the duchess worn, but i wish she would change up on her shoes. It seems like she is always wearing those same shoes.

I love the dress the duchess worn, but i wish she would change up on her shoes. It seems like she is always wearing those same shoes.

They are probably comfortable. The royals do seem to have to stay a long time on their feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom