British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder why not only sophie and eugenie had those beige shoes on easter, but now catherine as well.. must be something special about them ^^

They are very "on trend", and very suitable with their ensembles. Interesting that not just Catherine but also Sophie seems to like shoes from LK Bennett.

I think Kate looked stunning at the Epsom derby, there is a strict dress code so it's difficult to be fashion forward. I loved her fascinator. She and William looked very happy!
Regarding the advertisement for household staff, It is only for Kensington Palace not Anglesey, inevitably they will need some help.

Kate's "fascinator" is actually a hat...a decorated beret. Fascinator's have movement. In that close up photo, she looks exhausted.

that's pretty much the deal. I'm sure there will be an "occasional" event here and there that the middletons might be invited to.. but as a general rule, I would venture a guess that it will be pretty rare at least for now and probably for as long as HM Queen Elizabeth II reigns.

That isn't necessarily true, as like I mentioned, Sophie's father attends Ascot and is often seen in the Royal procession, even if Sophie is not in the carriages. He also attends the Chelsea Flower show as well.

MarNoe said:
I don't remember where I saw it, but I read somewhere that sometimes Prince Edward's children pick out his ties for him!

If that is true, that is adorable!

muriel said:
They are very "on trend", and very suitable with their ensembles. Interesting that not just Catherine but also Sophie seems to like shoes from LK Bennett.

I believe LK Bennett shoes are a firm favourite of the Royal women. I like that Catherine has joined in with this interest! Perhaps Beatrice took the tip from her aunt Sophie to buy the beige shoes!

Last edited:
I admit I'm just guessing but it seems a reasonable conclusion that the middletons would not get invited to every major/minor event but they would probably get invited to "some". How many I have no idea? This is just some fun guessing on my part. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I would hope the Middletons knew that they would not be a part of Catherines life after her marriage.Thats kind of asking alot dont you think? Its like her family is no longer her family, only acquaintances. Im sorry, I just think its kind of silly. I know the Middletons are not royal but they ARE family through marriage. I know, I know. Its not how the BRF look at it.

I would have thought that Prince william would have told them what would most likely happen after the marriage. He's known them for at least 8 or 9 years. You would think he would have broken the news about how things would work. :ermm:

Kate's "fascinator" is actually a hat...a decorated beret. Fascinator's have movement. In that close up photo, she looks exhausted.

Really? Amazing what people will see when they want to see it. I thought she looked both amazing and if that's what an exhausted person looks like, then I want to look like Catherine did at the Derby last weekend.

So looking forward to the events of this upcoming weekend. :)

Well I would hope the Middletons knew that they would not be a part of Catherines life after her marriage.Thats kind of asking alot dont you think? Its like her family is no longer her family, only acquaintances. Im sorry, I just think its kind of silly. I know the Middletons are not royal but they ARE family through marriage. I know, I know. Its not how the BRF look at it.

I've seen and heard nothing to indicate that the Middletons won't be a part of Kate's life after marriage. There's nothing preventing her from talking to them or seeing them when she has time. For example, she just had lunch with them on Tuesday while they were all in town.

And really, when a couple gets married, they normally spend time with both sides of the family separately. Even regular people split up holidays and birthdays among family. So, just because we don't see Kate's parents involved in her professional life or at William's family events doesn't mean they don't get together a lot. We just won't see it. That family time gets to be private. Unlike the other. ;)

I didn't see any pictures of Peter there.

Me neither. I saw Autumn and the rest of them.

Great to see that Harry and Mike are so close. Mike always talks about how normal Harry and William are. Then again Harry did introduce Mike and Zara so he must have known Harry for sometime before he decided to tell him about his cousin.

I just read an article where I thought Mike said they met in a bar? Nothing about Harry introducing them but another friend of Mike's....the article is on Zara and Mike's wedding thread if you want to read it

Harry didn't introduced Mike to Zara. It was a friend of Tindall when they were in Australia.

About Peter, a reporter at the event tweeted that Peter was there, but he doesn't appear in the photos. sorry

Peter and Autumn together with Zara and Mike Tindall were at The Beaufort Polo Club to watch
Prince Harry play polo yesterday, June 19. A rare chance to see cute baby Savannah again :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Amazing pictures.They are lovely and happy family :)

Thanks for the images. The little image of Autumn holding Savannah and Harry is trying to get her from her arms is really cute.

It's so lovely to see Zara and Harry together; those two along with William, Peter, Beatrice and Eugenie all seem really close. You can see that when they appear at gatherings together. It's lovely to see. I think it's a bit unfair that Louise and James will have no cousins their own age growing up to develop friendships with. They'll have to rely on second-cousins.

I can't wait for Zara's wedding now. :D

Delighted to see Savannah again... she hasn't grown much hair !

Today, June 20, Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip and Princess Anne attended a Beat Retreat at the
Tower of London followed by a Dinner to mark the 90th Birthday of Prince Philip at Trinity House,
Tower Hill, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Was that a new outfit on The Princess Royal????? Unusual, but it suits her.

Was that a new outfit on The Princess Royal????? Unusual, but it suits her.

Hard to tell...every time you think its a new outfit, a report comes out that its like 20 to 30 years old! I wish I could still fit clothes from five years ago much less 20:flowers:

Know what you mean, Zonk. I've got enough clothing in different sizes that do not fit to start a boutique.

I wonder if PR has a warehouse full of old clothing?

I likes the outfits of the ladies :)
And Sophie's hat, who she wear previously on Royal Ascot :)

I love Sophie's hat and dress, good old Ascot outfit. I am bummed her hair is not up, but she still looks lovely. The Queen, as always, looks lovely. :D

Nice to see Duke of Gloucester there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom