British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I don't think the photo of the Queen shows that she doesn't like Camilla - she may just not like being kissed in public! Her mouth is very downturned, IMO. For the person who took it, it's a great photo - the Queen in an unguarded moment or the Queen's reaction to a big ole smackeroo?

The only person in my family who has had pictures turn out like that while being kissed or hugged is my dear old mom, who really didn't like kisses. If I were the Queen, I'd be pretty tired of being touched, kissed and having my hand pressed all the time.

But, of course, Camilla would know the Queen's wishes. I hope. Camilla does come across, to me, as effusive, and the Queen as much more reserved.

One should not forget the simple fact how difficult it technically is to take a good shot of such
a fast movement, such kisses on the cheeks are a matter of a few seconds only ;)

Lady Louise and the Countess of Wessex attended the Windsor Horse Show today as well, here's
another gallery including them, maybe the above posted galleries will be updated as well!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Picture details

now, how can I get this one with the watermark? Little gestures like that speak volumes to me about the BRF!love it
Tnks, MagMil

Adorable pictures of the Wessexes, and grandma :p

Lady Louise is beautiful. Lovely images of the Queen with her granddaughter. :)

so does her brother , i think

Last edited:
I feel the need to comment on Louise's eye condition because it has me rather confused. In some photos, it appears that her right eye turns in and in others, her left eye is turned in. It all depends on which direction she is looking, the opposite eye turns too far in. Perhaps that is why nothing (so far as we know) has been done surgically for her. Does anybody else notice this?

I am so glad they are letting her make more public appearances over the last year. She is certainly a tall and very lovely young lady! :flowers:

it's just me or Lady Louise looks really tall for her age?!

I thought she looked very tall as well, considering her parents aren't overly tall. Perhaps she's inherting her height from someone else!

I think Lady Louise is a delightful little girl, she's very pretty. :D Little James is a cutie too. :)

I noticed the same thing, windsorgirl, re her eyes. She is not squinting, as they always seem to say, but rather her eyes seem to be almost cross-eyed. It does seem as if something could be done to correct her condition. Lady Louise is a pretty little girl, but her eyes seem to be the first thing one notices...

Lady Louise has an eye condition called exotropia. It's not an uncommon problem and there is surgery for it, but for whatever reason her parents have decided against her having the surgery.

Thank you for the information, Myself. It seems a shame that she will have to go through life with a problem that can be fixed while young. I wonder how Lady Louise will feel about her parents decision to not correct the condition when she enters her teens... just a thought.

I don't know how late you can fix the condition, but it is usually fixed when you are younger. If it's a mild case it sometimes is self correcting, but hers doesn't look mild to me. It's not only that it's noticable, but it can cause other problems such as headaches - I don't understand why they didn't get it corrected. I suppose they have their reasons.

I thought she looked very tall as well, considering her parents aren't overly tall. Perhaps she's inherting her height from someone else!

:)

Not sure what you are suggesting, but Edward is 6' tall and is the tallest of the Queens children so I dont think anyone one would consider him short by any means.

Guys, remember that Louise was a Preemie and there may be other Medical Conditions we don't know about, but her Parents and Medical Team do, that is keeping her eye condition from being corrected. Just because it hasn't been done by now doesn't mean it's by choice.

I hate it when I see a discussion about Lady Louise's eye condition start down the route of "What a pity Edward and Sophie have chosen not to correct their Daughter's eyes..." when we haven't a clue that's the truth. Perhaps they were advised to wait until Louise was older and better able to tolerate the Operation, which isn't a mild one as it's one I've considered myself as I have an eye that turns out on occasion.

We just don't know, but I find it hard to believe they aren't following the best Medical advice given to them when it comes to their little girl.

Not sure what you are suggesting, but Edward is 6' tall and is the tallest of the Queens children so I dont think anyone one would consider him short by any means.

He's that tall?! I did not know that. He doesn't appear to be that tall... Perhaps that is where Louise gets her height from after all. I stand corrected :).

I hate it when I see a discussion about Lady Louise's eye condition start down the route of "What a pity Edward and Sophie have chosen not to correct their Daughter's eyes..." when we haven't a clue that's the truth. Perhaps they were advised to wait until Louise was older and better able to tolerate the Operation, which isn't a mild one as it's one I've considered myself as I have an eye that turns out on occasion.

We just don't know, but I find it hard to believe they aren't following the best Medical advice given to them when it comes to their little girl.

I am with you on this. We have no idea what her parents have decided on, and I like to think they're going to wait until Louise is old enough to understand the implications and dangers of an operation, thus enabling her to make her own decision. I know that parents are meant to be advocates for their children in most situations, but in this circumstance I think it's in the parents interest to wait for their child to make the decision. We will never really know what Edward and Sophie have chosen to do for their daughter.

Last edited:
My now 22-year old daughter was a 30-week, 2-1/2 pound (1300g) preemie who developed exotropia when she was quite young. Patching did not work, and we were advised to have her undergo surgery before she started school i.e. learned to read. It was explained to us that the longer the eyes don't work together properly, the greater the chance that the brain, confused by the double images it receives, will "turn off" one of the eyes altogether. She had the surgery when she was four, which consisted of moving the muscles on her eyes, and now has almost normal binocular vision. Obviously the Wessexes have excellent medical advice so there must be more to Louise's condition than just the exotropia. The surgery is not all that complicated and has been around for at least 18 years as we learned from personal experience.

I vaguely remember reading something a long time ago about how they did have some medical treatment for it when she was much smaller, so maybe it was much worse and has been treated and got better i know a few people with similar but less noticable eye issues who have had treatment to make it better but it is still noticeable. I agree that Sophie and Edward probably had goog reasons for the decisions we made and we don't know the full facts so can't pass judgement.

Lovely to see the family all together though and seeing more of the Wessex children (i guess maybe the exposure of being a bridesmaid may have relaxed sophie and edward's normal view a little bit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Epsom:

Keep you fingers crossed for Queenie !! She's waited ten years for this moment....

So they were right? uhu!
Renata, We all will be cheering for Her Majesty, this year has began great and let's wish it stays like that :)
Rosapru, William looks wonderful in any uniform, I'm surprised they were able to catch him under that hat. How is the weather in London this days? It looks like he could be melting, but his sense of duty won't let it show!

The whole family is there to cheer Her Majesty's favorite. Nice!

Prince Eugenie' look : Getty Images - Navigateur non pris en charge

So Prince Harry, The Cambridges, Te Duke of York, The Wessexes, Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie will all join the The Queen to cheer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate looks absolutely stunning, just seen her on the BBC. Here's hoping that the Queen gets her win!

Kate looks great. I love her shoes. So it looks like quite a few royals came out. Looking forward to seeing all of the photos.

These pictures aren't working for me, anyone have other links?

in my post #592 , you can see photos of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge,Prince Harry and plus from other royals :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom