British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither Andrew or Edward is the future Queen of GB etc but Camilla is.
She has done some good things as Charles' consort but in this instance - a public showing of the monarch with consort and the monarch's heir then that heir's consort should also be present in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall accompanied by Prince
William attended the Battle of Britain Service of Thanksgiving and Rededication
at Westminster Abbey and afterwards joined a reception at Church House,
Westminster, London, September 19, 2010. The Prince of Wales is Patron
of the Battle of Britain Fighter Association.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

** gettyimages 1: GBR: Battle of Britain Service ** gettyimages 2 **

Daily Mail:

** Spitfire and Hurricane flypast marks 70th anniversary celebrations of the Battle of Britain **

A short video of the occasion -it looked to be a very moving cermony & a fitting tribute to the veterans & the families of those who took part.

BBC News

It looked like a very moving ceremony. Good to see Charles, Camilla and William all participate. William looks particularly good in his uniform.

It's wonderful to see William attending such an event.
It was definetely a moving ceremony, and i'm glad it was remembered by royals.

It looked like a very moving ceremony. Good to see Charles, Camilla and William all participate. William looks particularly good in his uniform.

Agree. Very good to see C&C and William p[articipate in the ceremony.

What a grand turnout. Prince Charles and Prince William looking dashing in their uniforms, happy and proud knowing they at least earned their wings! And Camilla? Once again she looked fabulous with that certain sort of style and elegance she seems to reserve for Military occasions. :flowers:

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, together with Sophie, Countess of Wessex,
held a reception for members of the College of Chaplains at Windsor Castle.
Windsor, October 27, 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Wonderful to see Sophie with her in-laws.

The Queen as Patron, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Earl and Countess of
Wwessex attended a reception for members of the Victoria Cross and
George Cross Association, November 10, 2010.

The Victoria Cross and George Cross are decorations of the highest
gallantry awarded.

** Pic ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

The Queen is drinking!! Hope she didn't go completely on the loose, though it should be fun from time to time.;) They all look lovely - thanks for sharing! :flowers:

The Queen is drinking!! Hope she didn't go completely on the loose, though it should be fun from time to time.;) They all look lovely - thanks for sharing! :flowers:

From the photo it looks like she's holding a full glass though.
That angle though of the Queen is not a favorable one though. She is definitely showing her age in that one.

I think though that HM likes her gin and dubonnet like her Mum did.

Actually I did a google for the spelling of dubonnet with entering gin and dubonnet. Does it surprise me that a pic of the Queen Mum came up?

For lack of anything better to do with my morning (I love ordinary days), I found these that will perhaps give a chuckle or two to yours

EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: The Queen Mother should have been immortalised in mufti, holding a glass of her favourite tipple | Mail Online'

and for the Queen Elizabeth:
Queen Elizabeth Recipe

Another thing, the term mufti was foreign to me so I did look up what it could be. What it boils down to is ordinary clothes.

Last edited:
This all does remind me how close HM and the QM were.

They did have a very special bond, more like two good friends rather than mother and daughter. I'm not joking, I might try that recipe one of these days - sounds tempting.;) Thanks for posting! :)

Queen Elizabeth and Princess Anne attended the Rural Communities Reception
at Windsor Castle, on November 17, 2010 in Berkshire, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Queen Elizabeth is greeted by her grandson Prince William during a visit to RAF
Valley in Anglesey, Wales on April 1, 2011. Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip,
the Duke of Edinburgh today visited RAF Valley in Anglesey and were given a
personal tour of an RAF search and rescue helicopter by Prince Willam.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/daylife ** belga **

** PA: Queen's hat prepares for take-off **

Last edited:
Thank you for the pictures, Iceflower.

Somehow the queen looks different during this visit - really interested in the work of her grandson, granny-like, not so politely interested as she appears most of the time during public engagements. But then: which grandmother would not love to find out more about her grandson's chosen profession? Does she visit his farmhouse as well, where he will live with Catherine after the wedding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Love pictures, I wonder if William played an april fools of some kind on his grandmother. :D

Love pictures, I wonder if William played an april fools of some kind on his grandmother. :D

It would be so like William to do something like that too. I imagine though it wouldn't have been done during the official tour. Not many people though get to kiss HM when greeting her. I bet William was very proud to show off his helicopter and crew and from the look in the pics on HM's face, she seems rightly proud of her grandson too. Good day all the way around I think.

Maybe he placed a woopy cushion on her chair when they had lunch or even worse told her Catherine was expecting. ;)

Maybe he placed a woopy cushion on her chair when they had lunch or even worse told her Catherine was expecting. ;)

OR... it could have been the other way around with HM pulling a good one on William! :whistling:

This photo was posted on the monarchy's facebook page. So precious.

Attachments

• HM and WW.jpg
    HM and WW.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 718
I'm a little disappointed with the undignified way HM was allowed to exit the car. That is something I would do, but I'm not royal. Someone should have held her hand as she exited the SUV.

I so agree! I kept thinking about her poor knees-but when her skirt slipped up abover her knees----all I could think was Wow, what a pair of gams the old girl has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom