British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Royal Family disembarked the Hebridean Princess in Scrabster Harbour
on August 2, 2010 in Scrabster, Scotland. Very nice and relaxed pictures
of the whole famly, but Louise and James are the little stars :)

Guests will come ashore at the Castle of Mey, Caithness, former home of
the late Queen Mother, for a lunch hosted by the Prince of Wales and
the Duchess of Cornwall.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

** zimbio/gettyimages : The Royal Family Disembark The Hebridean Princess **

** belga gallery **

Everyone looks so happy, it's wonderful to see them all together. :)
James looks ever so grown up.

Isn't Scotland home?

Besides being Queen of the United Kingdom, isn't the Queen half Scottish?

Isn't Scotland home?

Well IMO, home is where you spend most of your time, which I think is London.
:)

Ooh, we have a Lady Louise sighting with the rest of the family! She does look so much like her grandmother. I also couldn't help giggling at the big smile on Princess Anne's face.

Isn't Scotland home?

I think thats right. The royal family have homes in Scotland and regularly spend time there, so IMO, it very much is home for them.

The Queen has five homes - Buckingham Palace where she spends the majority of her time and which Philip described as 'living above the shop'; Windsor Castle where they would spend the second most amount of time and which they have both indicated is their favourite home (their word not mine); Holyrood House - the official residence in Edinburgh where they spend about a week or two official each year and then their private homes - Sandringham and Balmoral where they spend about 6 solid weeks each year.

It is clear that the Queen regards each of these places as home, not just the one in London, which I think would almost rate as the least favoured home of the lot but where, due to work commitments, she has to spend the majority of her time (usually 4 nights a week there).

Quite right. If you have more than one home where you regularly spend time, it still remains your home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this the Scottish version of the Royal Standard in this photo? Which it should be I guess since they're in Scotland!

The Royal Family Disembark The Hebridean Princess - Pictures - Zimbio

Here's the royal standard of scotland.
Royal Standard of Scotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What these pictures say about the Royals | Mail Online

Apart from the obligatory Christmas gathering at Sandringham and the Buckingham Palace balcony following the Trooping the Colour, the Royal Family have very separate lives and seldom meet en masse.

Which brings us to the fascinating picture taken this week of the Royals being met by Prince Charles as they disembarked from the five-star cruise ship Hebridean Princess, chartered by the Queen for a family jaunt that took them round the Western Isles for ten days.

What a story it tells about the Royals who were on the boat — and those who weren’t.

Some interesting bits.
All they were going on to do was have lunch with Charles — who wasn’t on the cruise — at the Castle of Mey.

As for the table talk on this particular cruise, there was only one strict and utterly unbreakable rule: don’t mention the debt-ridden Fergie.

How do they know this?
Of the grandchildren, the Queen’s favourite is Peter Phillips — her first grandson, who has the kind of can-do approach of Prince Philip.

Princess Anne, according to one Royal figure, feels she has ‘little in common’ with Sophie, who, when she is with Edward, outranks Anne in the royal ladies’ pecking order.

Oh I thought Sophie and Anne got on well and that Sophie admires Anne's work and so on and that they have lots to talk about ....anyway what does Anne like to talk about the seems to eliminate just about everyone ,she must have a very narrow corridor of chat ....she has always been someone I like and Sophie as well so who can say. Sophie seems like someone who will make an effort to engage on most topics ... honestly I have little in common with my in-laws but we always find some sort of common ground .......

Princess Anne, according to one Royal figure, feels she has ‘little in common’ with Sophie

That doesn't mean they don't get on or aren't friendly.

:previous: William and Peter look more like brothers than cousins. Their resemblance is remarkable!

The Queen, Prince Philip, the Prince of Wales and Princess Anne today,
September 4th, attended the Braemar Highland Games at The Princess
Royal and Duke of Fife Memorial Park in Braemar, Scotland.

As usual wonderful pics of the family laughing and enjoying the games! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** [URL="http://i52.tinypic.com/t7efkl.jpg"]Pic 4[/URL] ** Pic 5 **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Daily Mail:

** Like any happy mother and son: Queen and Prince Charles share a tender moment as they watch Highland Games **

It's nice to see them enjoying themselves. :flowers:

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Anne and husband Tim Laurence
on their way to Sunday Service at Crathie Kirk, Balmoral, September 5th, 2010.
Seems as if Charles wasn't ready yet ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

At the Braemar Highland Games, who are the people sitting behind the royal family?

It seems Camilla is not at Balmoral

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that if Camilla used the Princess of Wales title, there'd be more expectation that she would show up at these "musts" in the Royal Family calendar. It always seemed to me that the events where the Queen wanted her family with her were "must show up" events, but these conventions don't seem to apply to Camilla. I think that this is part of the deal with her taking the title that she did.

She wasn't there last year either, more than likely spending time with her family before going back to work.

I don't think it's because of the title

She's a more mature women with grown children. I've never heard of her children being at Birkhall or Balmoral or Sandringham. She's obviously going to make time to see them, so therefore she can't be with the Royals all the time.

I can't remember the last time I saw Andrew or Edward at the highland games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom