British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leading figures from the worlds of politics and the military gathered, together with senior royals and Iraq veterans at St Paul's Cathedral for the commemoration service, which formally marked the end of combat operations in the Middle East country

Queen and Gordon Brown honour British soldiers who died in Iraq - Telegraph

The reception at Guildhall, in London, was also attended by the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Prince William.

The royals mingled with military personnel and their families and the young prince laughed and posed for photos with eager veterans.

Read more: Tony Blair makes surprise appearance as Queen pays tribute to Iraq veterans at St Paul's | Mail Online

I do feel that Sophie's short sleeved dress was inappropriate for this occasion.

Why?

It is an appropriate colour isn't revealing and looks great.

I can't see anything wrong with the dress. The sleeves are fine and cover the shoulders. Why should she wear a long sleeved dress?

In my opinion Sophie's outfit is too informal for the occasion and that she looks under-dressed. The service personnel are wearing dress uniforms and full sized medals and all their fancy ribbons and gold doo-dads and I think the civilians attending should be wearing the equivalent, which, IMO, requires a jacket for women. Either a skirt and jacket or dress and coat jacket, but a jacket nevertheless. Just my opinion of course.

:previous: Thank you Roslyn, you have answered for me. :flowers: It is incorrect and shows a lack of respect, that she didn't bother to dress for a formal ceremony. :eek:

:previous: Thank you Roslyn, you have answered for me. :flowers: It is incorrect and shows a lack of respect, that she didn't bother to dress for a formal ceremony. :eek:

I agree, but quite apart from her dress, I didn't think she looked all that well, healthwise.

:previous:
I like the fact that the male royals & Princess Anne chose to wear there military uniforms. Sophie's outfit was inappropriate but Camilla's was wonderful. :flowers:

Obviously I could never attend a formal occasion as I simply don't have a jacket.

I think she looks fine and suitably dressed for a church service of memory.
Totally appropriate to wear to a funeral, and very similar to the dresses that I and my friends wore just this last week as we attended a funeral.

Different ideas I suppose.

The Queen looks absolutely wonderful I lov ethe colour on her and the little dots are a nice touch. Sophie looked horrible IMO all the lovely outfits she has worn lately and she choses that for such a large affair. It is too casual too ill fitting and the colour is wrong.IMO

Grey is a colour that Sophie doesn't wear particularly well, anyway. She looks as though she was feeling so miserable that she threw on something that was easy to get into. She's either not well or she got some terrible news. Either way, she looks awful.:ermm:

I agree, but quite apart from her dress, I didn't think she looked all that well, healthwise.

Was this service very early in the morning? They look tired or something.

I think Sophie looks fine and I adore Princess Anne in her uniform.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/91...13F34444F79A87F0DD6F3EA72F22E0839705FF69CB45B

If i remember well the , somewhat unexpected, feather on the DOC's little berret has a special significance (i notice also a little badge) :confused: Any idea ?

The feather doesn't have any significance, the badge does as Ella Kay has pointed out. I think it was really nice of her to wear the badge just wish she hadn't of worn it behind the feather. :lol:

Was this service very early in the morning? They look tired or something.

I think Sophie looks fine and I adore Princess Anne in her uniform.

I believe the ceremony was midday. :)

The feather doesn't have any significance, the badge does as Ella Kay has pointed out. I believe the ceremony was midday. :)
The feather tip was dyed Green to represent, along with the cap badge holding it, the 4th Rifles of whom Camilla is Royal Colonel, therefore it was significant to the men of The 4th Rifles whose comrades fell during the conflict! The ceremony started I believe at 11 a.m. :flowers:

The feather doesn't have any significance, the badge does as Ella Kay has pointed out. I think it was really nice of her to wear the badge just wish she hadn't of worn it behind the feather. :lol:

I believe the ceremony was midday. :)

The Rifles badge was first worn on her coat when she visited the 4th Battalion on 14 Dec 2007. :)

Wow, just about the whole family turned out. I thought just a few were attending. Prince William looks handsome in his uniform.

Are there any better pictures of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
Picture details
Picture details
I can just see the Earl of Ulster in the second picture - didnt he serve in Iraq for a while was the Countess also present?

I can just see the Earl of Ulster in the second picture - didnt he serve in Iraq for a while was the Countess also present?
He saw active service in Kosovo in 2002 he hasn't been to Iraq. :flowers:
I don't believe that Clarie was there.

The whole family did turn out for this event. Wonderful. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can just see the Earl of Ulster in the second picture - didnt he serve in Iraq for a while
No, he served in Kosovo in 2002, his regiment (The Kings Royal Hussars) were part of the Nato peacekeeping force. They were not involved in any fighting.:flowers:

Pics 13.10.2009

Queen Elizabeth ll and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and Princess
Michael watch a performance by Nutkhut, a London-based British-
Indian dance company, during a reception inside the ballroom of
Buckingham Palace, October 13, 2009.
The reception is in advance of the State Visit by the President of
India later this month. London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

I find the first pic quite amusing. ;) Her Majesty looked fine. Its always hard to believe for me that Prince Philip is 88, he seems so agile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom