Old 04-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

More pics from Abaca Press
Sir Edmund Hillary Thanksgiving Service - London

Old 04-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

More articles:

Sydney Morning Herald: Queen honours Sir Edmund Hillary
One News: Queen's service for Sir Ed "beautiful" (there is a link to a video at the bottom)
Old 04-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Commoner

Quite a beautiful Service!! I'm shocked once again to see how Her Majesty looks younger than her daughter.... HRH really needs a fashion advisor. Where did she take that hat???? Sophie doesn't seems in a good mood. I hope everything is going well for her.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Thank you for the pictures. Annes' cravat/scarf is a little over the top for me but I really think Sophie needs to take advice from Anne on her hats. Sophies headgear looked absolutely stupid and inappropriate.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Royal Highness

A truly remarkable man to honor, and what a lovely service it appeared by all accounts to be.
Her Majesty just looked wonderful--as usual. I think I'm seeing Princess Anne showing a stronger resemblence to Princess Margaret than I remember in the past. I don't care for the cravat, or the hat--but I do like Princess Anne so even though she can appear unpolished, I find that it endears her to me and makes her quite charming at times. It completely suits her personality that she could care less about clothes. Still, a nice black suit would have been nice with pearls and a nice brooch.
Sophie, Sophie, Sophie. What a hat. She needs to take a cue from her mother and sister in-law. That hat had too much going on for a funeral.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I used to wear a lot of those bow ties... in the 1980s. And whoever said Anne looked like a stewardess was right IMO. And why couldn't Sophie have produced a black hat?? It looked as if she had had to scramble for a hat at the last moment. Hmmm.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Courtier

I figured that same, Philip pulled out at the last minute, open seat near the Queen needed fulling, phone Sophie.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

yes it seems abit strange that she came out of maternity leave for this service yet couldnt go to meet the President and Firts Lady of France - make up your Sophie are you coming back to work or just choosing the events you want to go to. (She must have had a black hat somewhere in her vast collection - showed a distinct lack of respect and that hat needs
put on a bonfire IT WAS ONE OF THE WORST)

Old 04-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Courtier

The Countess of Wessex seems to be trying out hats for Royal Ascot. Dunno who told her that would be appropriate...perhaps she thought she was meeting the Nicholas de Sarkozy instead? ;-)
Old 04-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
I used to wear a lot of those bow ties... in the 1980s. And whoever said Anne looked like a stewardess was right IMO. And why couldn't Sophie have produced a black hat?? It looked as if she had had to scramble for a hat at the last moment. Hmmm.
I thought her name was down to attend anyway, so it shouldn't have been last minute, besides which, she always wears those ghastly flowerpots.

Everyone has at least 2 or 3 black hats at the ready, don't they?
Old 04-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Very, very strange choice of hat on Sophie's part. I can't imagine what possessed her to wear it.

As her flowerpot hats go, I don't mind it - at least it doesn't have a whole bantam or cabbage glued to the side - but it had no place with that black outfit and on that occasion.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Last week, William, Harry and Kate attended The Wibble: a charity event hosted by Guy Pelly, Susanna Warren and Jamie Murrary Wells, to raise money for the Henry van Straubenzee Memorial Fund. Henry was killed in a car accident during his gap year and the Fund supports the school in Uganda he was to volunteer at.
Also, in attendance were Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice, with her boyfriend, David Clark.

The Wibble - 3 April 2008
Old 04-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Posts for Prince William's RAF Wings presentation have been moved to a new thread Prince William receives his RAF Wings, 11 April 2008.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

Socialite pair 'plotted to blackmail' Royal over claims he performed a gay sex act on aide | the Daily Mail
Old 04-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Pics 25.4.2008

The Duke of Kent and the Duke of Gloucester attending the Service
of Commemoration and thanksgiving to mark Anzac Day at Westminster
Cathedral, London, 25/04/2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 04-29-2008, 01:12 AM
Aristocracy

This case seems to have been going on forever.

Here in Australia there was no "black-out" on who the Royal is
Old 05-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

From Forbes
The 20 Hottest Young Royals
The 20 Hottest Young Royals - Forbes.com
In Pictures: The 20 Hottest Young Royals - Forbes.com

William, Harry, Zara and Beatrice are in the first places!
Old 06-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah and Queen Rania have begun working visit to the UK on June 3. it is yet unclear wheather they would meet any member of the Royal Family (nothing can be found in the Royal Calendar), and it does appear to be just a working visit. So far, they have met with PM Gordon Brown.

Nevertheless, you can find the thread here, if you are interested, you can find the thread here.

King Abdullah and Queen Rania's working visit to the UK
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie at the Vivari Queens Cup Final at Guards Polo Club on June 15, 2008 in Windsor, England.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Closed Thread

Tags
anne, british royal family, gold cup, queen, zara