The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Abaca Press Americas Search Results

(Hello Daily Mail, where is Camilla´s platinum hair gone...?)

Old 10-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Thankyou Milla Ca! Now, does anyone know which brooch it is that Camilla is wearing? It looks very Queen Motherish. Have to say that the hat without the net infestation would be very chic. With the net it puts me in mind of a rather famous saying about wire hangers.
The brooch is indeed Queen Motherish, and might have been a favourite. I have a number of photos of her wearing it. Here's one from the net:

http://www.stephen-roberts.com/HM-Queen1b.jpg

As for the other net, I don't mind it. As a matter of fact I like it. I think it adds a soft, feathery quality, without the feathers.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

TRH attend the Dedication Ceremony for the Armed Forces Memorial

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall joined Her Majesty The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh to pay tribute to the thousands of servicemen and women killed since the end of the Second World War, at the dedication of a memorial to honour them.
The new National Armed Forces Memorial, in Alrewas, Staffordshire, pays tribute to members of the UK's Armed Forces killed on duty or as a result of terrorist action since 1948.
The royal party entered the ceremony as a military band, seated in front of the memorial's Portland stone walls, played the National Anthem.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-13-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
The brooch is indeed Queen Motherish, and might have been a favourite. I have a number of photos of her wearing it. Here's one from the net:

http://www.stephen-roberts.com/HM-Queen1b.jpg

As for the other net, I don't mind it. As a matter of fact I like it. I think it adds a soft, feathery quality, without the feathers.
Thanks for this Roslyn. I thought it was one of the QMs but I couldn't be sure - thanks for confirming!
Old 10-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Thanks for this Roslyn. I thought it was one of the QMs but I couldn't be sure - thanks for confirming!
This brooch was first worn in March 2006. Here are the links to two posts with pics, originally posted by... BeatrixFan.
Brooch 1
Brooch 2
Old 10-14-2007, 07:59 AM

I swear I'm getting dementia - completely forgot about that. Thanks Warren!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Impressive brooch, I didn't remember it from last year.

Some more pictures from October 12.
I don't think these were posted before. They are taken when the Royals arrived by the Royal train at Rugeley Trent Valley Station.

Pictures:
The Queen 1
The Queen 2
The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Queen and the Prince of Wales(and the hat of the Duchess of Cornwall)
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh
The Queen, the Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall

Queen Elizabeth II, pictured naming a train in honour of her diamond wedding at Rugeley Trent Valley Station in Rugeley
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:00 AM

Saturday, 20 October 2007
Prince William and Prince Harry joined the British fans at the Rugby World Cup match between England and South Africa, in Le Stade de France, the French national stadium in Saint-Denis, outside Paris. South Africa defeated England 15-6 thus seizing the World Cup. TRH watched the match from a VIP enclosure along with one of their Tomlinson friends (Mark or Luke, I never remember which is which) and the son of Clive & Jayne Woodward who also accompanied Harry to the 13 October match between England & France. The name of the Woodward son's name, I don't know.

See pictures courtesy of Associated Press/Mark Baker (via Yahoo! News) and Reuters/Eddie Keogh.

Two Polfoto galleries with new pics from the rugby world cup: Search: Prince William (12 pics)
Search: Prince Harry (also 12 pics but different)

Daily Mail Picture 1
Daily Mail Picture 2

Was The Princess Royal there?
I checked pictures of Gordon Brown at the match such as here but no sight of Princess Anne. Brown met with French President Sarkozy and the President of South Africa, Thabo Mbeki, at the Élysee Palace before the match. I imagine if Anne had been there representing The Queen, she would have sat in the area of these men, or one of them. I didn't see any sign of her anywhere.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Was The Princess Royal there?
She was, take a look at this pic

-----> Anne 20.10.2007
Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

I've moved posts about the blackmail plot to Royal Blackmail Plot royal thread.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:05 AM

13 December 2007
After visiting the new Emmaus community centre for homeless people in West Norwood, South London, HRH The Duchess of Cornwall joined her son and daughter, Tom Parker Bowles and Laura Lopes, and stepson HRH Prince William for a private dinner at Scott's Restaurant, Mayfair.

"Around the corner," says The Daily Mail, HRH The Duke of York was dining with his family, including daughter Princess Beatrice's boyfriend, David Clark, at Cipriani Restaurant.

William swaps the nightclub for a quiet meal with Camilla - and there's no sign of Charles or Harry | the Daily Mail
Old 12-25-2007, 09:15 AM

Christmas Day, 25 December 2007
The Queen
The Queen
The Queen
The Queen
The Queen and Reverend Jonathan Riviere
The Queen and the Reverend again
The Queen and the Reverend yet again
Princess Beatrice
Princess Beatrice
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Duchess tries to catch up to The Queen & company
Sources: Kirsty Wigglesworth/AP, Toby Melville/Reuters & The Daily Mail

The BBC Report

Expect more to be posted soon at the following link:
Yahoo! News British Royal Family Slideshow
Old 12-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Some more pictures:

The Queen 1
The Queen 2
The Queen 3
The Queen receives flowers

The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall

The Duchess of Cornwall
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

The Duke of York & Princess Eugenie
Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice

Princess Beatrice
Princess Beatrice
Princess Beatrice
Princess Eugenie
Princess Eugenie

The Duke of York
The Earl of Wessex
The Princess Royal

The Queen looks marvelous. As always. I may be a little tired of that black bag, but nevertheless, she is perfect. I even like that hat with multi-coloured feathers.
The Duchess of Cornwall - wonderful. I love the purple coat, I love the hat (would be much better if it weren't black, but it's very nice anyway), wonderful set of brooches, elegant gloves. The stockings could have been a bit darker, but overall, a very nice impression.
The Princess Royal - I love Anne, she's one of my facvurite Royals ever. But that coat, and that hat were among the most ugliest things I've ever seen. Especially together.
Princess Beatrice... I hate the coat, I hate the shoes, I hate the stockings, and I completely loath that headpiece - I've never seen anything as horrible even during the Ascot.
Princess Eugenie - a major surprise, because I actually like her. She is much better then Beatrice anyway. I like her coat, although I have an impression it doesn't fit her completely. The belt, at least not that one, shouldn't have been there. The hat is a very nice and I suppose also warm one. And I do like her hairstyle quite a lot. Even her shoes & stockings work, combined with the rest of the outfit.

The Duke of Edinburgh - perfect as always. I love his electric blue tie.
The Prince of Wales - perfect again. Awesome shoes, great tie & coat.
The Duke of York - a bit too dark for my taste, but nevertheless very elegant. The umbrella & the tie fitted perfectly.
The Earl of Wessex - Again too dark, but elegant.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

Bea and Eugenie shine as Royals brave the rain for traditional Sandringham service | the Daily Mail
Old 12-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks so much, CT and Avalon, for posting pics of the RF going to Church on Christmas Day. We've been away visiting family for Christmas, and I've been looking forward to seeing the pics.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks CasT and Avalon for the photos. The Queen looked wonderful, very animated. The color of her coat was very flattering, imo. I really like the photo of Pss Anne smiling. She looks quite pretty. You can tell Prince Edward is still glowing from the birth of his son. In the last photo of Prince Andrew he does not look amused. But's still very attractive. The York girls - well, I think Pss Beatrice looked nice (sorry, Avalon). She looks like she's slimming down and appears for elegant than usual. That hat has got to go, but I think the coat and shoes were fine. White is not usually a good color for a big girl like Pss Eugenie, but her haircut looks cute.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Aristocracy

Royals Attend Christmas Day Service At Sandringham
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

British royal family brighten up a rainy Christmas morning
Old 12-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness

Beatrice's coat looks like an old army coat and that hat, the style and colour of which is horrendous anyway,teamed with the coat just makes the whole outfit look worse. I have to laugh at some newspapers saying she was "leading the style stakes" on Christmas Day they must either be blind or completely sycophantic.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Someone help those York girls. their ongoing fashion disasters outnumbered only by their mother's. I LOVE the Queen's festive day outfit gosh I think Her Majesty looks better all the time.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Commoner

Can anybody tell me, if the Duke and Katherine, Duchess of Kent were there at Sandringham for christmas?

Closed Thread

Tags
anne, british royal family, gold cup, queen, zara