British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla should have been present at the Garden Party, but there are no pictures so far.

Maybe she was opening her birthday gifts and eating cake.:D

It's nice to see Edward and Sophie together. I love Sophie's hat - worn the first time for C&C's wedding.

Camilla should have been present at the Garden Party, but there are no pictures so far.
It's strange, Avalon. Because on the Court Circular, the Duchess's name was listed, also other members of the Royal Family who attended and we do not see in pictures including the Earl and the Countess of Wessex, the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra of Kent.

Garden Parties are organized quite often, and quite often they don't get the same focus from the Media as other Royal events, perhaps that's the reason we didn't have pictures of a few Royals, who should have beeon the Garden Party on July 12.
Another possible explanation - that Garden Party was among the biggest ever organized by the Palace. If the Duchess only made a brief appearance, it would be hard to spot her among the huge crowd.

Thanks a lot for the pictures from the recent recent Garden Party Iceflower. :flowers:
It's nice to see Edward & Sophie together, and I simply love the picture of the Queen and the Duke.

Last edited:
Pics 2.9.2007

Queen Elizabeth II, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Princess Royal and her husband Vice-Admiral Timothy
Laurence leave Crathie church in Crathie Kirk, Aberdeenshire, after attending the Sunday sermon, 2 Sep 2007:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Great pictures, Iceflower! Little Margarita is quite the beautiful child! Sarah actually looks pretty good, too. And Sophie. I like Eugenie's dress. I think Beatrice's shoes are too high, though. She looks awkward. BTW, who's the bride and how is she connected to all these royals?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome, Bella :flowers: I've no idea who the bride is, a society girl
I guess, she appears quite often at events in London, that's all I know..
Here's an article about the wedding guests, including another pic of Sarah,
but no more information about the bride:

Redheads Geri and Fergie's wedding date

Top posh toffs

BTW, who's the bride and how is she connected to all these royals?
Here's an article from The Independent (London), Dec 2004.
She is the daughter of a property developer and stylist, and was a student of biomedical science at University College, London.

Another take (June 2007): Toffs at the top: your guide to the new posh. This is quite an interesting gossipy article for royal and society watchers, with lots of familiar names (Wales, York, Middleton, Casiraghi, Hanover, Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, Goldsmith, Rothschild, etc).
Here's the relevant part on Ms Delevigne:

Chloe and Poppy Delevigne, 21 and 23
Who Society beauties and girls about town.
Party power Chloe has just opened her own members’ club with her fiancé, Louis Buckworth, in South Kensington – they gave Princess Bea membership for her birthday.
Naughtiness factor Too nice to get caught in any trouble.
Glamour gauge Immaculately turned out and stunning.
Poppy has worked for Versace and is the face of Anya Hindmarch. She also worked the catwalk for Julien MacDonald.
Posh factor Mum, Pandora, was a 1970s socialite; Dad is a property developer. Perfect Chelsea posh.

Thank you for the information about Chloe Delevigne, Warren ;):)

Here are some more pics I've found of Sarah, Beatrice, Eugenie and
other guests at the wedding, unfortunately there aren't any of Serena
and David, but I'm sure they were there as to Margarita..:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Princess Michael, what has become of you? Velvet sleeves? Ye Gods, if Marie-Christine is losing it style wise then we're in for a rough old ride with the real frumps.

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall are currently attending the opening of a new memorial to the armed forces. Camilla is wearing a black suit with what looks like a new black hat but the real gem is the whopping great brooch she's wearing - it's one of the Queen Mother's but I'm not sure which. I'll see if I can find some pics.

12th October
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall joined Her Majesty The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh to pay tribute to the thousands of servicemen and women killed since the end of the Second World War, at the dedication of a memorial to honour them.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

Charles and Camilla (with the new brooch (for BeatrixFan:flowers:))

The Prince practices his job as a grandpa :wub:

Charles and Camilla after the ceremony

Thankyou Milla Ca! Now, does anyone know which brooch it is that Camilla is wearing? It looks very Queen Motherish. Have to say that the hat without the net infestation would be very chic. With the net it puts me in mind of a rather famous saying about wire hangers.

Now, does anyone know which brooch it is that Camilla is wearing? It looks very Queen Motherish. Have to say that the hat without the net infestation would be very chic.
The netting was a trifle too much! :flowers: Although I like the navy suit. :flowers:

Queen dedicates forces memorial - Yahoo! News UK

"We sometimes take for granted the expectation that our Armed Forces are professional, loyal and dedicated," said Prince Charles, patron of the AFM Trust.
- - - - - - - -
It really is an overwhelming experience looking at all the names on it so far and long overdue, IMO.
(sorry if the article and my comment is in the wrong thread)

Last edited:
Thankyou Milla Ca! Now, does anyone know which brooch it is that Camilla is wearing? It looks very Queen Motherish. Have to say that the hat without the net infestation would be very chic. With the net it puts me in mind of a rather famous saying about wire hangers.

The brooch is indeed Queen Motherish, and might have been a favourite. I have a number of photos of her wearing it. Here's one from the net:

http://www.stephen-roberts.com/HM-Queen1b.jpg

As for the other net, I don't mind it. As a matter of fact I like it. I think it adds a soft, feathery quality, without the feathers. :)

TRH attend the Dedication Ceremony for the Armed Forces Memorial

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall joined Her Majesty The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh to pay tribute to the thousands of servicemen and women killed since the end of the Second World War, at the dedication of a memorial to honour them.
The new National Armed Forces Memorial, in Alrewas, Staffordshire, pays tribute to members of the UK's Armed Forces killed on duty or as a result of terrorist action since 1948.
The royal party entered the ceremony as a military band, seated in front of the memorial's Portland stone walls, played the National Anthem.

The brooch is indeed Queen Motherish, and might have been a favourite. I have a number of photos of her wearing it. Here's one from the net:

http://www.stephen-roberts.com/HM-Queen1b.jpg

As for the other net, I don't mind it. As a matter of fact I like it. I think it adds a soft, feathery quality, without the feathers. :)

Thanks for this Roslyn. I thought it was one of the QMs but I couldn't be sure - thanks for confirming! :flowers:

Thanks for this Roslyn. I thought it was one of the QMs but I couldn't be sure - thanks for confirming! :flowers:
This brooch was first worn in March 2006. Here are the links to two posts with pics, originally posted by... BeatrixFan. :D
Brooch 1
Brooch 2

I swear I'm getting dementia - completely forgot about that. Thanks Warren!

Impressive brooch, I didn't remember it from last year. :)

Some more pictures from October 12.
I don't think these were posted before. They are taken when the Royals arrived by the Royal train at Rugeley Trent Valley Station.

Pictures:
The Queen 1
The Queen 2
The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Queen and the Prince of Wales(and the hat of the Duchess of Cornwall)
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh
The Queen, the Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall

Queen Elizabeth II, pictured naming a train in honour of her diamond wedding at Rugeley Trent Valley Station in Rugeley

Saturday, 20 October 2007
Prince William and Prince Harry joined the British fans at the Rugby World Cup match between England and South Africa, in Le Stade de France, the French national stadium in Saint-Denis, outside Paris. South Africa defeated England 15-6 thus seizing the World Cup. TRH watched the match from a VIP enclosure along with one of their Tomlinson friends (Mark or Luke, I never remember which is which) and the son of Clive & Jayne Woodward who also accompanied Harry to the 13 October match between England & France. The name of the Woodward son's name, I don't know.

See pictures courtesy of Associated Press/Mark Baker (via Yahoo! News) and Reuters/Eddie Keogh.

Two Polfoto galleries with new pics from the rugby world cup: Search: Prince William (12 pics)
Search: Prince Harry (also 12 pics but different)

Daily Mail Picture 1
Daily Mail Picture 2

Was The Princess Royal there?
I checked pictures of Gordon Brown at the match such as here but no sight of Princess Anne. Brown met with French President Sarkozy and the President of South Africa, Thabo Mbeki, at the Élysee Palace before the match. I imagine if Anne had been there representing The Queen, she would have sat in the area of these men, or one of them. I didn't see any sign of her anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom