The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Nobility

My now 22-year old daughter was a 30-week, 2-1/2 pound (1300g) preemie who developed exotropia when she was quite young. Patching did not work, and we were advised to have her undergo surgery before she started school i.e. learned to read. It was explained to us that the longer the eyes don't work together properly, the greater the chance that the brain, confused by the double images it receives, will "turn off" one of the eyes altogether. She had the surgery when she was four, which consisted of moving the muscles on her eyes, and now has almost normal binocular vision. Obviously the Wessexes have excellent medical advice so there must be more to Louise's condition than just the exotropia. The surgery is not all that complicated and has been around for at least 18 years as we learned from personal experience.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Nobility

I vaguely remember reading something a long time ago about how they did have some medical treatment for it when she was much smaller, so maybe it was much worse and has been treated and got better i know a few people with similar but less noticable eye issues who have had treatment to make it better but it is still noticeable. I agree that Sophie and Edward probably had goog reasons for the decisions we made and we don't know the full facts so can't pass judgement.

Lovely to see the family all together though and seeing more of the Wessex children (i guess maybe the exposure of being a bridesmaid may have relaxed sophie and edward's normal view a little bit)

Old 06-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Serene Highness

Prince William and Kate Middleton set to join the Queen at Epsom derby for Carlton House glory bid - mirror.co.uk

I know is the Mirror, but just in case ...
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Epsom:

Keep you fingers crossed for Queenie !! She's waited ten years for this moment....
Old 06-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Nobility

Kate, William and Harry at Epsom

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I absolutely love Kate's look and the boys look smashing in top hats.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

So they were right? uhu!
Renata, We all will be cheering for Her Majesty, this year has began great and let's wish it stays like that :)
Rosapru, William looks wonderful in any uniform, I'm surprised they were able to catch him under that hat. How is the weather in London this days? It looks like he could be melting, but his sense of duty won't let it show!

The whole family is there to cheer Her Majesty's favorite. Nice!

Prince Eugenie' look : Getty Images - Navigateur non pris en charge

So Prince Harry, The Cambridges, Te Duke of York, The Wessexes, Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie will all join the The Queen to cheer.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate looks absolutely stunning, just seen her on the BBC. Here's hoping that the Queen gets her win!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

The Bristish Royal Family the Epsom Derby Festival, in Surrey, southern England. June 04,2011

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 06-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Kate looks great. I love her shoes. So it looks like quite a few royals came out. Looking forward to seeing all of the photos.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
These pictures aren't working for me, anyone have other links?
in my post #592 , you can see photos of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge,Prince Harry and plus from other royals
Old 06-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Serene Highness

Picture details

I'm liking Eugenie's look here, Classy! Not so sure about Betarice's choices.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Picture details

I'm liking Eugenie's look here, Classy! Not so sure about Betarice's choices.
I agree, but i like Beatrice's hair accessory
Old 06-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Lovely to see the whole family with the Queen. Kate looks really good so does Sophie.
They are lucky the sun is shining and the sky is bright.

Anyone noticed that Prince Harry's flower in his pocket matches the Queens outfit
Old 06-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Nobility

I don't like the matronly print of Beatrice's dress or the found-it-in-the-attic-looking fascinator, but Eugenie's look is fresh and cute (from what I can see so far).
Old 06-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A picture of William & Kate watching the races
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Duchess of Cambridge (L) and Princess Eugenie
Old 06-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

The whole family looks wonderful :)
here is some close looks to the outfits .And not just Prince Harry, you can see in first photo that Prince Philip tie matches with Queens outfit
The Queen - Epsom Races - The Derby Festival - Photo - LIFE
Princess Beatrice - Epsom Races - The Derby Festival - Photo - LIFE
Old 06-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Anyone noticed that Prince Harry's flower in his pocket matches the Queens outfit
Lovely! even if not intentional.
so when will we know the results?
Old 06-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Courtier

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

4:00 | 9 Pour Moi (M Barzalona, 4-1 2nd-fav); 12 Treasure Beach (C O'Donoghue, 25-1 ); 1 Carlton House (R L Moore, 5-2 fav); 13 ran.
Serene Highness

Never mind. Carlton House at 3rd place :(

Also, Look : http://i51.tinypic.com/2nltiip.jpg

Catherine' hair color is looking lighter http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/115220761

Kate Middleton looks white hot at the Epsom Derby - mirror.co.uk

Princess Eugenie looks lovely - nice and summery. I'm not feeling Beatrice's outfit though.

Harry and Beatrice holding to the feeling : Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Carole Middleton was there too Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Prince Phillip carry on http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/11...ty-Images-News

I love Royal interaction, even if the watermark blocks half of it

You could almost feel the excitement on this picture :) Picture details

Now, where are videos of the day?
Heir Presumptive

gallery from ISOPIX

Search photos : epsom derby 2011. Press Photos, Press Agency, Photo Agncy Belgium : Isopix.be

Tags
anne, british royal family, gold cup, queen, zara