The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
agree
HM obviously don't like Camilla to kiss her, and about comment of last photo "Family fun day: The Queen and Camilla share a joke as they tour events and attractions at the show", I think both are smalling with someone else , because I don't see Camilla like a funny person IMO :)
Well you see what you want to see, on that matter in think you're denying the obvious:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 05-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Administrator

The Windsor Horse Show Day 4 on May 14, 2011 with several members of the family attending.

Cute little James came on his bike

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife/gettyimages/reuters ** gettyimages ** belga **

Old 05-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness

Oh, I don't think the photo of the Queen shows that she doesn't like Camilla - she may just not like being kissed in public! Her mouth is very downturned, IMO. For the person who took it, it's a great photo - the Queen in an unguarded moment or the Queen's reaction to a big ole smackeroo?

The only person in my family who has had pictures turn out like that while being kissed or hugged is my dear old mom, who really didn't like kisses. If I were the Queen, I'd be pretty tired of being touched, kissed and having my hand pressed all the time.

But, of course, Camilla would know the Queen's wishes. I hope. Camilla does come across, to me, as effusive, and the Queen as much more reserved.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Administrator

One should not forget the simple fact how difficult it technically is to take a good shot of such
a fast movement, such kisses on the cheeks are a matter of a few seconds only

Lady Louise and the Countess of Wessex attended the Windsor Horse Show today as well, here's
another gallery including them, maybe the above posted galleries will be updated as well!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **
Old 05-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Louise and JAmes at Royal Windsor Hours Show :)
enjoy
BelgaPicture - Category details
Picture details
Picture details
She is so beautiful :), they're all happy :))
Old 05-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Serene Highness

Picture details

now, how can I get this one with the watermark? Little gestures like that speak volumes to me about the BRF!love it
Tnks, MagMil
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Serene Highness

Adorable pictures of the Wessexes, and grandma
Old 05-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Lady Louise is beautiful. Lovely images of the Queen with her granddaughter. :)
Old 05-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Gentry

it's just me or Lady Louise looks really tall for her age?!
Old 05-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Lady Louise swaps her Royal Wedding bridesmaid's dress for casuals at country fair | Mail Online

She does look tall for 7.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

so does her brother , i think
Old 05-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Courtier

I feel the need to comment on Louise's eye condition because it has me rather confused. In some photos, it appears that her right eye turns in and in others, her left eye is turned in. It all depends on which direction she is looking, the opposite eye turns too far in. Perhaps that is why nothing (so far as we know) has been done surgically for her. Does anybody else notice this?

I am so glad they are letting her make more public appearances over the last year. She is certainly a tall and very lovely young lady!
Old 05-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallettac View Post
it's just me or Lady Louise looks really tall for her age?!
I thought she looked very tall as well, considering her parents aren't overly tall. Perhaps she's inherting her height from someone else!

I think Lady Louise is a delightful little girl, she's very pretty. Little James is a cutie too. :)
Old 05-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I noticed the same thing, windsorgirl, re her eyes. She is not squinting, as they always seem to say, but rather her eyes seem to be almost cross-eyed. It does seem as if something could be done to correct her condition. Lady Louise is a pretty little girl, but her eyes seem to be the first thing one notices...
Old 05-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Aristocracy

Lady Louise has an eye condition called exotropia. It's not an uncommon problem and there is surgery for it, but for whatever reason her parents have decided against her having the surgery.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the information, Myself. It seems a shame that she will have to go through life with a problem that can be fixed while young. I wonder how Lady Louise will feel about her parents decision to not correct the condition when she enters her teens... just a thought.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know how late you can fix the condition, but it is usually fixed when you are younger. If it's a mild case it sometimes is self correcting, but hers doesn't look mild to me. It's not only that it's noticable, but it can cause other problems such as headaches - I don't understand why they didn't get it corrected. I suppose they have their reasons.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I thought she looked very tall as well, considering her parents aren't overly tall. Perhaps she's inherting her height from someone else!

:)
Not sure what you are suggesting, but Edward is 6' tall and is the tallest of the Queens children so I dont think anyone one would consider him short by any means.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Guys, remember that Louise was a Preemie and there may be other Medical Conditions we don't know about, but her Parents and Medical Team do, that is keeping her eye condition from being corrected. Just because it hasn't been done by now doesn't mean it's by choice.

I hate it when I see a discussion about Lady Louise's eye condition start down the route of "What a pity Edward and Sophie have chosen not to correct their Daughter's eyes..." when we haven't a clue that's the truth. Perhaps they were advised to wait until Louise was older and better able to tolerate the Operation, which isn't a mild one as it's one I've considered myself as I have an eye that turns out on occasion.

We just don't know, but I find it hard to believe they aren't following the best Medical advice given to them when it comes to their little girl.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Not sure what you are suggesting, but Edward is 6' tall and is the tallest of the Queens children so I dont think anyone one would consider him short by any means.
He's that tall?! I did not know that. He doesn't appear to be that tall... Perhaps that is where Louise gets her height from after all. I stand corrected .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I hate it when I see a discussion about Lady Louise's eye condition start down the route of "What a pity Edward and Sophie have chosen not to correct their Daughter's eyes..." when we haven't a clue that's the truth. Perhaps they were advised to wait until Louise was older and better able to tolerate the Operation, which isn't a mild one as it's one I've considered myself as I have an eye that turns out on occasion.

We just don't know, but I find it hard to believe they aren't following the best Medical advice given to them when it comes to their little girl.
I am with you on this. We have no idea what her parents have decided on, and I like to think they're going to wait until Louise is old enough to understand the implications and dangers of an operation, thus enabling her to make her own decision. I know that parents are meant to be advocates for their children in most situations, but in this circumstance I think it's in the parents interest to wait for their child to make the decision. We will never really know what Edward and Sophie have chosen to do for their daughter.

Closed Thread

Tags
anne, british royal family, gold cup, queen, zara