The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 05:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Isn't Scotland home?

Besides being Queen of the United Kingdom, isn't the Queen half Scottish?
I think thats right. The royal family have homes in Scotland and regularly spend time there, so IMO, it very much is home for them.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen has five homes - Buckingham Palace where she spends the majority of her time and which Philip described as 'living above the shop'; Windsor Castle where they would spend the second most amount of time and which they have both indicated is their favourite home (their word not mine); Holyrood House - the official residence in Edinburgh where they spend about a week or two official each year and then their private homes - Sandringham and Balmoral where they spend about 6 solid weeks each year.

It is clear that the Queen regards each of these places as home, not just the one in London, which I think would almost rate as the least favoured home of the lot but where, due to work commitments, she has to spend the majority of her time (usually 4 nights a week there).

Old 08-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Majesty

Quite right. If you have more than one home where you regularly spend time, it still remains your home.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Nobility

Isn't this the Scottish version of the Royal Standard in this photo? Which it should be I guess since they're in Scotland!

The Royal Family Disembark The Hebridean Princess - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 08-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's nice to see the family take a vacation together. They all look so happy and relaxed.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
Isn't this the Scottish version of the Royal Standard in this photo? Which it should be I guess since they're in Scotland!

The Royal Family Disembark The Hebridean Princess - Pictures - Zimbio
Here's the royal standard of scotland.
Royal Standard of Scotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What these pictures say about the Royals | Mail Online

Quote:
Apart from the obligatory Christmas gathering at Sandringham and the Buckingham Palace balcony following the Trooping the Colour, the Royal Family have very separate lives and seldom meet en masse.

Which brings us to the fascinating picture taken this week of the Royals being met by Prince Charles as they disembarked from the five-star cruise ship Hebridean Princess, chartered by the Queen for a family jaunt that took them round the Western Isles for ten days.

What a story it tells about the Royals who were on the boat — and those who weren’t.
Some interesting bits.
Quote:
All they were going on to do was have lunch with Charles — who wasn’t on the cruise — at the Castle of Mey.
Quote:
As for the table talk on this particular cruise, there was only one strict and utterly unbreakable rule: don’t mention the debt-ridden Fergie.
How do they know this?
Quote:
Of the grandchildren, the Queen’s favourite is Peter Phillips — her first grandson, who has the kind of can-do approach of Prince Philip.
Quote:
Princess Anne, according to one Royal figure, feels she has ‘little in common’ with Sophie, who, when she is with Edward, outranks Anne in the royal ladies’ pecking order.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh I thought Sophie and Anne got on well and that Sophie admires Anne's work and so on and that they have lots to talk about ....anyway what does Anne like to talk about the seems to eliminate just about everyone ,she must have a very narrow corridor of chat ....she has always been someone I like and Sophie as well so who can say. Sophie seems like someone who will make an effort to engage on most topics ... honestly I have little in common with my in-laws but we always find some sort of common ground .......
Old 08-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Princess Anne, according to one Royal figure, feels she has ‘little in common’ with Sophie
That doesn't mean they don't get on or aren't friendly.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

First look at Autumn Phillips' tiny baby bump - hellomagazine.com
Old 08-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Nobility

Playful Prince on the prowl: William, Peter and Zara clowning around at the Festival of British Eventing

Looks like they were having a pretty good time hanging out together!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

William and Peter look more like brothers than cousins. Their resemblance is remarkable!
Old 09-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Administrator

The Queen, Prince Philip, the Prince of Wales and Princess Anne today,
September 4th, attended the Braemar Highland Games at The Princess
Royal and Duke of Fife Memorial Park in Braemar, Scotland.

As usual wonderful pics of the family laughing and enjoying the games!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Daily Mail:

** Like any happy mother and son: Queen and Prince Charles share a tender moment as they watch Highland Games **
Old 09-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's nice to see them enjoying themselves.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Administrator

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Anne and husband Tim Laurence
on their way to Sunday Service at Crathie Kirk, Balmoral, September 5th, 2010.
Seems as if Charles wasn't ready yet

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 09-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

British royals attend at the Braemar Highland Games:

British royals attend Braemar Highland games
Old 09-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Aristocracy

At the Braemar Highland Games, who are the people sitting behind the royal family?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Majesty

It seems Camilla is not at Balmoral
Old 09-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It seems Camilla is not at Balmoral
She wasn't there last year either, more than likely spending time with her family before going back to work.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Majesty

I think that if Camilla used the Princess of Wales title, there'd be more expectation that she would show up at these "musts" in the Royal Family calendar. It always seemed to me that the events where the Queen wanted her family with her were "must show up" events, but these conventions don't seem to apply to Camilla. I think that this is part of the deal with her taking the title that she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She wasn't there last year either, more than likely spending time with her family before going back to work.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Nobility

I don't think it's because of the title

She's a more mature women with grown children. I've never heard of her children being at Birkhall or Balmoral or Sandringham. She's obviously going to make time to see them, so therefore she can't be with the Royals all the time.

I can't remember the last time I saw Andrew or Edward at the highland games.

Closed Thread

Tags
anne, british royal family, gold cup, queen, zara