The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
im presuming it is because none of the other royals were there so she is next to take precedence - i dont know i could be wrong be Anne isnt there, Camilla is probably still ill, i cant see sophie so that would just leave DoG
But im glad that she is so far up as she is my favourite british royal and its nice to actualy get to see a picture of her
True, I forgot Anne's in the Southern Ocean, Camilla's ill and Sophie isn't there, it is nice to see Brigitte up at the top for a change, she looks really well in her tiara and RVO

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Majesty

I wonder why only Prince Andrew was able to attend the banquet. Notable absence of Princess Anne, Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall, as well as Count and Countess of Wessex sends an interesting message. Given the information by Royal Protocol, Princess Anne and Duchess of Cornwall have got some excuses for not showing. At the same time, I could not help, but wonder what prevented Prince Edward and Countess Sophie from attending. Does it mean that the visit was organised on a short notice?

Old 03-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

Picture details

This picture looks interesting. There is something glowing on Princess Michael's (at the back) left shoulder. I wonder if she's been given the Royal Family Order at long last. I wish we could get a proper look.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Holy Schnikies! Will ya look at that tiara! Which one is that?
Old 03-30-2009, 07:53 PM

The Duchess isn't well of course, as for Princess Michael's RFO - I was thinking the other day it might be about time she had it.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Majesty

It would be a graceful act on Her Majesty's part to finally give RFO to Princess Michael. However, I doubt she will ever do it.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
It is unusual for The Duchess of Gloucester to get to sit at the top table at a state banquet!
It could be one of the most high-profile Banquet that the Duchess has attended until now i think. It's so great to see her sitting alongside the President. Not many chances like last night at all.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-31-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII View Post
It could be one of the most high-profile Banquet that the Duchess has attended until now i think. It's so great to see her sitting alongside the President. Not many chances like last night at all.
The Duchess of Gloucester is at most state Banquets but it was nice to see her right up at the top table, she is so elegant with the gloves and lovely smile

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
It is unusual for The Duchess of Gloucester to get to sit at the top table at a state banquet!
Hmm any particular reason, or because of the mixing members.
Or has she met the President before, i mean has she visited Mexico on a personal tour?
Lovely pictures.
x
Old 03-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Courtier

She was the highest rank lady there. Anne is in the Falklands, Camilla is sick, and Sophie didn't attend.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

As I said before, I wish we had photos of the other side of the top table as Princess M would have been sitting there as the only other Royal lady after the DOG. I have noticed before that all the pics of state banquets at Buckingham palace are taken of the Queen's right-hand side so you never see who is sitting on the other side.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Courtier

Nice to see the Brazilian Aquamarine ensemble on HM, also nice to see the Indian tiara on the Duchess of Gloucester.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chota View Post
Nice to see the Brazilian Aquamarine ensemble on HM, also nice to see the Indian tiara on the Duchess of Gloucester.
Well I can agree with the second statement HRH looks really well, as for HM (which I really regret to say)

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Majesty

The aquamarine parure isn't a favourite of mine, either. It looks awfully heavy, and HM is such a small woman.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
The aquamarine parure isn't a favourite of mine, either. It looks awfully heavy, and HM is such a small woman.
I agree, It just isn't a good look for The Queen, she has such lovely tiaras esp. GGBI, pity the aquamarines have to make an outing every now and then!!

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Majesty

What does GGBI mean?

Quote:
I agree, It just isn't a good look for The Queen, she has such lovely tiaras esp. GGBI, pity the aquamarines have to make an outing every now and then!!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
What does GGBI mean?
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland
Old 04-01-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
What does GGBI mean?
As WBenson has kindly explained it's the Girls of Great Britian and Irleand Tiara, sorry for the silly abbreviation.

God Save The Queen!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Royal Highness

Extended members of the Royal Family were very pleased to meet the Obama's today....

Getty Images - The Corgis of Britain's Queen Elizabeth
Old 04-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Majesty

If we see bandages on Michelle's ankles, we'll know what happened.

Closed Thread

Tags
anne, british royal family, gold cup, queen, zara