The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Zara Phillips enjoyed her third day at the Cheltenham Festival today looking sleek and groomed - but this time, she had her family in tow.

Zara was joined by the Queen and Princess Anne, who had travelled to the Gloucestershire race course - the first time the Queen has come to the meet in 50 years - to cheer on Her Majesty's horse, Barbers Shop.

Military Zara groomed to perfection for the Gold Rush on Queen's big day | Mail Online

Old 03-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Royals Attend Cheltenham Gold Cup Day - Pictures - Zimbio

Old 03-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Nobility

Love the pic of Her Majesty surrounded by the security!
Zara looks lovely and the queen as always looks classy and the red sweet her too much i love to see the queen in such events ,she really enjoy watching her beloved horses
Old 03-16-2009, 07:19 AM

Queen Elizabeth 11 atcheltenham races09

Hi this is my first posting here so hope its ok

my name is Jules I am a freelance press photographer and thought you may like to see some pictures I took at Cheltenham Gold Cup this year (and read myblogs)
on my website www.concertphotography.co.uk you will find various pictures of Her Majasty, Princess Anne and Zara Philips taken last week ot the Festival Ihope you enjoy them

If you have the time there many other images of royals dotted around my galleries (in products) these include Prince Charles (and Camilla) Prince William and Kate Middleton Princess Anne Zara Philips Peter Philips (his engagement pics at gatcombe)and Princess Michael of Kent.
Please do leave comments on pics

thanks and enjoy
Old 03-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

One more gallery
Derechos EspaƱa: La Reina Elizabeth II en el festival de Cheltenham - Agencia Prisma
Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Military Zara groomed to perfection for the Gold Rush on Queen's big day | Mail Online

I do love the picture of the circled Queen.
Zara looks veru cheek and modern, as does the queen. Shame her horse only came 7th :(
x
Old 03-16-2009, 05:13 PM

Great pictures- thank you,

The security ring round HM was a bit heavy handed, not as gracious as Ascot.

Did you enjoy the racing and seeing The Queen?

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:22 PM

If you look at this picture i am the bloke in the black at the front just before i took my picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
military zara groomed to perfection for the gold rush on queen's big day | mail online

i do love the picture of the circled queen.
Zara looks veru cheek and modern, as does the queen. Shame her horse only came 7th :(
x
Old 03-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Pics 30.3.2009

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip and Prince Andrew at
the formal welcoming ceremony of Mexican President Felipe
Calderon on Horseguards Parade on the first day of his four-
day state visit, in London, on March 30, 2009. Calderon is set
to attend the G20 summit in London on tackling the global
financial crisis on April 2 while he is in the city, as Mexico is
one of the world's leading emerging economies.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Zimbio gallery :

President Of Mexico Receives Official Ceremonial Welcome
Old 03-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't like Her majesty's outfit, that hat doesn't suit her. Who i assume is the Presidents wife, i love her outfit.
No Prince Charles/Camilla?
x
Old 03-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently, up to now, I can only be able to identify that the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, with Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were at the State Banquet. The Duke of York could be there, as he welcomed Their Excellencies this morning. Princess Anne is away overseas so she can't be there. But for the Prince of Wales, and the Wessexes, I can't find them in the background or not yet.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Here are some other pics from the afternoon:

Mexico's President Felipe Calderon and Britain's Queen Elizabeth visit
an exhibition of Mexican items from the Royal Collection in the Picture
Gallery at Buckingham Palace in London March 30, 2009.

Pic 5 has a funny effect , but I also like the face expression on pic 4

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 03-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Majesty

Her Majesty and Duke of Edinburgh seem to have a good time visiting an exhibition. I hope photos of the banquet will be released. It would be nice to see Prince and Princess Michael.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i would like to see Prince William at a state banquet - yes i know he is on RAF training but he is nearly 27 and i think it is about time he stepped up and did these family engagments at state visits etc im sure they could spare him from his barracks one night they do let him out when he wants to go clubbing.
actually it would be nice to see the younger royals attending - harry, beatrice, and eugenie if she is still in london they get off with doing far too little

Getty Images - Queen Elizabeth II Hosts State Banquet For Mexico's President Felipe Calderon And Margarita Zavala duchess of gloucester at state banquet

Old 03-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Majesty

Do grandchildren of the monarch ever attend State banquets? It's so hard to tell because there hasn't been an of-age second-in-line since Edward VII's day. Perhaps if one was scheduled while the Prince of Wales was out of the country?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
i would like to see Prince William at a state banquet - yes i know he is on RAF training but he is nearly 27 and i think it is about time he stepped up and did these family engagments at state visits etc im sure they could spare him from his barracks one night they do let him out when he wants to go clubbing

actually it would be nice to see the younger royals attending - harry, beatrice, and eugenie if she is still in london they get off with doing far too little
I must agree He now has the Garter and is a serving officer, by 27 Charles was practically hosting state visits- William needs to get his act together for these big occasions. If The Queen and Charles were both to die within a few months of each other he wouldn't have a clue!

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:37 PM

It is unusual for The Duchess of Gloucester to get to sit at the top table at a state banquet!

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Serene Highness

I think that if Camilla and Sophie attended then one of them would have been sitting where the DOG is as they are more senior. From the pics I have seen and because of Prince Andrew's attendance earlier today it looks as though only the Gloucesters, Prince & Princess Michael and Prince Andrew have been there tonight which makes this one of the poorest attended State Banquets ever. I wish we could see the other side of the top table as I would like a good look at Princess M's dress.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
It is unusual for The Duchess of Gloucester to get to sit at the top table at a state banquet!
im presuming it is because none of the other royals were there so she is next to take precedence - i dont know i could be wrong be Anne isnt there, Camilla is probably still ill, i cant see sophie so that would just leave DoG
But im glad that she is so far up as she is my favourite british royal and its nice to actualy get to see a picture of her

Closed Thread

Tags
anne, british royal family, gold cup, queen, zara