British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHERE were the Royals on Armed Forces Day?

As the nation united to celebrate our brave servicemen and women past, present and future yesterday they were nowhere to be seen

Princes snub heroes leaving Queen to hand out medals alone at celebration. | memorial | News Of The World

Quite shocking actually. The fact that Harry didn't turn up and chose to party, William was away, Andrew and charles putting there feet up on holiday. The fact that the quee turned out was incredible. She looked beautiful.
But what I disagree with is the comment made about the Princess Royal. Hardly fair when she is without a shadow of a doubt the most hardworking royal. :flowers:

Pics 9.7.2009

Prince Michael of Kent, Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, Prince
Edward, the Earl of Wessex and Princess Anne, the Princess Royal
attend a Royal Garden Party at Buckingham Palace in central London
to celebrate the centenary of Naval Aviation, July 9, 2009

Yesterday I've read that the Queen would attend as well, but so
far I couldn't find her on any of the pics.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** belga gallery **

I like the uniforms, especially Anne's. =) too bad there are no pics of HM

It's listed under the Queen for today's events, but it doesn't exactly say she's coming. I think if she was there, she would have been front and center in Pic 1.

The Queen
A Garden Party to celebrate the Centenary of Naval Aviation will be held at Buckingham Palace.

Royals in uniform at the Royal Garden Party. Does anyone know what rank the Earl or Wessex holds in the RN. Princess Anne is still holding her handbag incorrectly, what are her advisors doing?

The Earl of Wessex is wearing a Royal Fleet Auxilliary uniform, as he is their commodore-in-chief. The insignia is that of a Captain, which makes sense, as it's the naval equivalent of a Colonel, which is what Colonels-in-Chief not holding higher rank wear (even Her Majesty! I was surprised to find that out when I saw her uniform at the Guards Museum in London).

Pics 13.7.2009

The Queen, Prince Andrew and the Duke of Kent meet
Queens Awards' winners and other invited guests during
a reception inside Buckingham Palace in central London,
July 13, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Pics 21.7.2009

Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Camilla, Duchess
of Cornwall, and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales welcome guests to
the Royal Garden Party in the gardens of Buckingham Palace, July 21,
2009 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio gallery **

Royals in uniform at the Royal Garden Party. Does anyone know what rank the Earl or Wessex holds in the RN. Princess Anne is still holding her handbag incorrectly, what are her advisors doing?
Having been in the unenviable position of having to cart one of those inelegant "manbasher's" around for twenty odd years I can say, without much fear of contradiction, that those Handbags/USK's were all designed by military men as a penance for women who dared tread in a mans world. OK, so that was many moons ago but any past or present member of the armed forces will tell you that it takes years to propose any sort of alteration to any part of 'The Uniform". Then comes the design, followed by the obligatory unsatisfactory prototype, followed by the . . . . . . . . . :lol:

You will notice that the Princess Royal has just clutched the bottom of the bag so when the overlong sholder-strap falls off (as they are wont to do), she isn't reduced to inelegantly grubbing around on the ground to retrieve it before some gentleman steps on it, gets tangled in previously mentioned overlong strap and collapses in a very UNceremonious way to the ground. :D

As to Princess Anne's advisors? They are looking at each other as they wipe the sweat from their collective brows, muttering about having dodged another bullet! ;);)

Pics 22.7.2009

The Queen and the Earl and the Countess of Wessex have
had the Garden Party for The "Not Forgotten" Association
on their agenda today, so far I've only found pics of Sophie:

Sophie , Countess of Wessex talks with guests during the
Buckingham Palace garden party on July 22, 2009 in London,
England

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Edward holds the rank of Commodore-in-Chief, Royal Fleet Auxiliary. :flowers: As MARG has said, those blooming handbags are an absolute nuisance and I don't know of anyone brave or foolish enough to reprimand the Chief Commandant for Women in the Royal Navy over a silly bag!:lol:

There was a garden Party today for the "Not Forgotten" Association at B Palace - anyone found any coverage or photos yet...? I haven't been able to find any...

I think those might be from yesterday. I know that a few pictures of Sophie Wessex from the garden party on the 22nd were posted in the British Royal Family thread, but I haven't seen any of HM yet.

Pics 25.7.2009

There was a garden Party today for the "Not Forgotten" Association at B Palace - anyone found any coverage or photos yet...? I haven't been able to find any...

I've posted some pics of that garden party above, the pics
Lillibetforever has posted via the zimbio link are from another
garden party one day earlier.

Prince Edward, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie attend
The King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Ascot
Racecourse, Berkshire, Britain, July 25, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Hmm... I imagined how nice this dress would look like, if it wasn't that short and not looking so widely on her shoulder-area... I think green suits her well. I always found, that green is a nice colour for red-haired woman. :)

I think those might be from yesterday. I know that a few pictures of Sophie Wessex from the garden party on the 22nd were posted in the British Royal Family thread, but I haven't seen any of HM yet.
According to some sources, only the Earl and Countess of Wessex and the Duke of Kent were there, HM was not there.

According to some sources, only the Earl and Countess of Wessex and the Duke of Kent were there, HM was not there.

Thanks for that update, HMQueenElizabethII.

Here's an additional gallery from the Stakes at Ascot, Prince
Edward, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie attended on
Saturday, see my post on the previous page:

** Stakes at Ascot - July 25, 2009 **

What exactly is the "Stakes at Ascot"? It's not like the week of Ascot in June is it?

:previous:

The Ascot Stakes is a class 2 handicap race over 2 mile and 4 furlongs, for horses aged 4 years old and above, run during the Royal Ascot meeting.

Ascot Stakes Royal Ascot Betting 2009

The pictures shown were from The King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes, 25th July. There are a huge variety of 'Stakes', as well as The Ascot Stakes, if you look to the bottom of the linked page, it shows a few.

Nice to Beatrice and Eugenie with their Uncle. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
:flowers::flowers:
:previous:

The Ascot Stakes is a class 2 handicap race over 2 mile and 4 furlongs, for horses aged 4 years old and above, run during the Royal Ascot meeting.

Ascot Stakes Royal Ascot Betting 2009

The pictures shown were from The King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes, 25th July. There are a huge variety of 'Stakes', as well as The Ascot Stakes, if you look to the bottom of the linked page, it shows a few.

Thanks for the explanation and the link Skydragon. :flowers:

Last edited:
They look very smart indeed. It's great to see the royal forces being so inclusive!

It was the biggest migration the country had ever known - more than three million children evacuated from their homes to escape Hitler's bombs.
Farmed out to foster homes or safe havens in Britain and abroad, some joined the war effort by helping with the harvest or by collecting metal to make weapons

Read more: The biggest British migration ever... but now Royals snub reunion of wartime evacuees | Mail Online

Well I know I'm buying right into the paper's hype, but I do think that it would've been a good thing to have some royal attendance, even if not the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom