Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Skydragon
Couldn't William have worn any uniform if not Officer
Cadet uniform than a Navy on he is Commador-in Chief of Submarines or
since he still an officer cadet can not do that?
As he is still a cadet, he would not be able to wear any other higher rank uniform.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

So he could not have worn the Cadet Right? am I Getting this correct???? :)

Old 11-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
I'm guessing that he wore civvies because the occassion was "Remembrance Day". Therefore he was there with his family to honour the fallen. It was not all about William!

Think about a woman wearing a drop dead gorgeous, eye-catching outfit to a wedding, totally eclipsing the bride.....very bad taste.

In William's case, had he been wearing his Cadet Uniform every phographer there would have been trying to get "the" photo shot of the day. What the day was about would have been eclipsed.

Good call everyone!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
He could have asked for permission to wear his cadet uniform. I agree with MARG, the day was about honouring the fallen from all the conflicts and I think the right decision was made to ensure that the centre of attention was the parade and remembrance ceremony.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II hosts a reception at Buckingham Palace for members of the diplomatic corps on November 21, 2006 in London, England.

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth arrives
Queen Elizabeth greets Korean Ambassador
Queen Elizabeth Ambassador of Lesotho

More pictures here.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

today was the pre-christmas lunch in buckingham palace, may be we can see some photo tomorrow
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness

How do you know the Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace for the Royal Family was 20/12/06? Was it on the Buckingham Palace website?
Old 12-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela
How do you know the Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace for the Royal Family was 20/12/06? Was it on the Buckingham Palace website?
Corazon is correct, and it was reported elsewhere. Many members of the extended Royal Family attended, as well as Princess Margarita of Baden, a niece of Prince Philip.
This lunch is an annual event, and because it is a private family function the (partial) guest list can only be worked out by ticking off the recognisable faces as they walk or drive through the Palace gates. Keen members will need to stake out the gates next year.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I moved posts of the British Christmas Celebrations this year to this thread on Royal Holiday :

Christmas at Sandringham 2006

Please posts there...
Thank you!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Number of engagments

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/View...icleID=1955435

Quote:
The Queen's daughter attended 491 in the UK and 104 overseas, totalling 595, a survey published in The Times revealed.
The Prince of Wales, heir to the throne, came next with 500 engagements made up of 427 at home and 73 abroad.
Tim O'Donovan, who compiled the unofficial table, said Prince William carried out 13 engagements and Prince Harry six
snip

Quote:
In 2006, the monarch carried out a total of 380 engagements in the UK and 45 overseas while Philip notched up 406, 353 in this country and 53 abroad.
The Duke of York, who acts as a special trade representative for Britain, completed the most engagements overseas, standing at 234. With his 212 UK duties, he carried out 446 in all.
The Duchess of Cornwall carried out 212 engagements, the Countess of Wessex 235, the Earl of Wessex 418, the Duke of Gloucester 238, the Duchess of Gloucester 127, the Duke of Kent 229 and Princess Alexandra 125.

Map for the British Royals
Old 01-04-2007, 03:13 PM

Once again, Princess Anne steals the show. Good for her.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Aristocracy

Buckingham Palace guard to be cut

No good
Old 01-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Members of the Royal Family attended Church Service in Sandringham on January 7, 2007.

Queen Elizabeth receives flowers
Queen Elizabeth receives flowers from children
Queen Elizabeth arrives in the car

The Duke of Edinburgh watches Queen Elizabeth receiving flowers
The Duke of Edinburgh arrives for the Sunday Church Service

Prince Charles and Camilla arrive in the car

Gallery of pictures here.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and her daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, as well as David Linley, Viscountess Serena Linley and their son Charles Armstrong-Jones attend a Thanksgiving Service for the life of their close friend James Wentworth-Stanley, 21 year old son of the Marchioness of Milford Haven, at St Paul's Church in Knightsbridge on January 9, 2007 in London, England.

Sarah, Eugenie and Beatrice
Sarah, Eugenie and Beatrice 2
Sarah comforts Princess Eugenie
Sarah comforts Princess Eugenie as Princess Beatrice looks on

Sarah Fergusion, Duchess of York
Princess Beatrice
Princess Eugenie

David Linley, Serena Linley and Charles Armstrong-Jones
Marchioness of Milford Haven (Clare Wentworth-Stanley) and her family

More pictures from getty here.
(if the links are not working, click the 'Refresh' button, that often solves the problem with getty pictures)
Old 01-09-2007, 12:00 PM

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie look truly devastated. How sad. What happened to James Wentworth-Stanley?
Old 01-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie look truly devastated. How sad. What happened to James Wentworth-Stanley?
James Wentworth-Stanley was found shot dead at his father Nicholas’s home after a family shoot. He is believed to have been on his own at the time. Police is investigating an 'unexplained death'.
James died just weeks after his birthday, where Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie were present.

James was the son of Sarah's best friend and was extremely close to Princess Beatrice and especially Princess Eugenie.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:15 PM

How sad. It must be so difficult for James's family and from the look of the attendees at today's service, he was very much loved.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

terrible news! sarah and the girls are devasted!!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Members of the Royal Family attended Church Service in Sandringham on January 7, 2007.
the countess of wessex was there?
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
the countess of wessex was there?
Sophie was not pictured and I couldn't find mention of her attending the Service, so I guess the answer is no, she wasn't there.

Closed Thread

Tags
british royal family