British Royal Family Current Events 2: November 2005-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
Welcome to the new thread for news and photos of events where the British royal family members are present en masse. Please try and restrict photos to those showing groups of people, especially senior royals, since photos of individuals will end up on the threads dedicated to those people and we're trying to avoid duplication.

The old thread is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/british-royal-family-news-pictures-2441.html

Duke of Clarence: New Revelations

Royal cover-up of illegitimate son revealed

SENIOR royal courtiers tried to cover up allegations that the great uncle of the Queen fathered an illegitimate son, newly released documents show. They reveal that police conducted an extensive investigation into an affair between Margery Haddon, a married woman, and the Duke of Clarence, eldest son of the future Edward VII.

NI_MPU('middle');
The liaison was said to have occurred during a royal tour of India in the 1880s, but when Haddon turned up in London to claim she had conceived the duke’s child, senior officials quietly arranged her passage back to India, where she had been born and raised.
Clothes were provided for her through a secret account and a “go-between” for the duke provided maintenance payments for the boy, Clarence Haddon. Embarrassing letters in the woman’s possession were believed to have been purchased by lawyers acting for the duke.
The allegations remained out of the public eye for years until Clarence Haddon turned up in London in the 1920s to stake publicly his claim to be an illegitimate member of the royal family. His claims were dismissed and, because he lacked documentary proof, he was seen as a crank.

Read full article from the Sunday Times

Prince Eddie Collar and Cuffs

Idriel said:
SENIOR royal courtiers tried to cover up allegations that the great uncle of the Queen fathered an illegitimate son, newly released documents show. They reveal that police conducted an extensive investigation into an affair between Margery Haddon, a married woman, and the Duke of Clarence, eldest son of the future Edward VII.
The documents don't give any indication that the woman received maintenance payments via the Duke of Clarence. The man who did pay the maintenance, Lt Rogers, was named as a co-respondent in the woman's divorce. It was only later that his family denied he had fathered an "illegitimate" child. As they would.
The "secret account" (which was actually a Police account) paid for Mrs Haddon's return trip to India, clothes, and the grand sum of five pounds.
Paying for the return of "embarrassing" letters is not proof that the Duke fathered a child in India.

In any case, I would consider Eddie's gay brothel scandal more sensational than this beat-up!

Warren said:
In any case, I would consider Eddie's gay brothel scandal more sensational than this beat-up!
Oh you forgot to mention that dear Freddie was Jack the Ripper. Now that's a good story to share in family during the long cold evenings at Sandringham... :rolleyes:

Idriel said:
Oh you forgot to mention that dear Freddie was Jack the Ripper. Now that's a good story to share in family during the long cold evenings at Sandringham... :rolleyes:

I thought there was no true proof of that allegation? On at least one occasion he was having tea with the Queen when one of the murders were commited.

Amy said:
I thought there was no true proof of that allegation? On at least one occasion he was having tea with the Queen when one of the murders were commited.
we were just learning about that in history..aparently his doctor or someone actually did the murders for him...(if it is true how wierd is that) There is quite a lot of evidence that supports the theory

Just kiding

Amy said:
I was being sarcastic. That ridiculous story was invented by the ancestors of The Sun & co.

Prince Carlos of Wales, his wife Camilla and princes William and Harry will grant for the first time a joint interview in the 30 next May for anniversary of the Foundation of the Prince, informed the average premises.

The local television ITV, that will emit the interview and the commemoration of the Foundation of the Prince, announced Wednesday that the event will take place in a special program that will be recorded in the Tower of London.

The heir of the Throne of the United Kingdom, the Duchess of Cornualles and both princes will be interviewed by Ant and DEC, popular presenters of the program "Ím to Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here", added the source.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/319596.html

I read in a newspaper article yesterday that the annual Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace for the whole Royal Family, snippets of which featured in the Queen's Christmas broadcast last year, is being held today but that the Countess of Wessex and William and Harry would miss it due to other commitments. I really enjoyed seeing the Queen handing out the presents in last year's broadcast and it would be great if it featured some footage of the event again this year.

Last edited:
For anybody that is intrested and gets the Canadian channel CBC. Wendsday, December 28 there will be a show about Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson. It is called Her Royal Affair and begins at 8pm Eastern Time.

Amy said:

On a tv programme I watched here in the UK a couple of weeks ago, they were able to prove that the poor Prince wasn't in London for any of the murders. It was an interesting programme showing how the government, with the help of the press, destroyed his reputation, after his death.:(

Skydragon said:
On a tv programme I watched here in the UK a couple of weeks ago, they were able to prove that the poor Prince wasn't in London for any of the murders. It was an interesting programme showing how the government, with the help of the press, destroyed his reputation, after his death.:(

I think that is the one i saw, i can't remember what it was called but it was a whole documentary about his life.

Amy said:
I think that is the one i saw, i can't remember what it was called but it was a whole documentary about his life.

I can't remember either but, it sounds as if we watched the same programme about poor old Eddy. :)

There was quite a good drama shown before Christmas - Wallis and Edward. Joely Richardson played Wallis I believe and did quite a good job. I hadn't realised how staunch a supporter of Edward VIII's Churchill was. Interestingly, the Duke of Windsor was mentioned in a recent survey - Oswald Mosely was named as the Worst Briton (by who we must ask ourselves) and the information given with the survey said Edward VIII was a staunch supporter of his.

Yesterday they showed the year with the Roayl family in Norway and there was some anecdotes about the British Royals.

The King told that Edward and Andrew visited Norway with their mother when they were like 6-7 and they had not been looking forward to it, so when they left they told "that it had not been as boring as they had expected it to be" The visit was supposed to be a relaxed and informal visit and it was the first time Crown Princess Sonja was to meet Queen Elizabeth but the relaxed visit turned out be just like a normal state visit sans tiaras

The King said her first met Camilla at Charles 50th birthday party and that they find her a Very sweet woman and tha Mette-Marit really loved their wedding

Also some comments on the Brits beeing the best to do Pomp and cercumstance(sp?) and that Queen Sonja felt almost Cinderalla-ish going in a golden carriage as we dont have those in Norway. And they showed the staff preparing for the banquet.

O no I cant believe I missed that. Was that only on Norwegian TV. I know that Sweden does something similar I didnt know Norway did it too.

Clarence Haddon

I believe it was Lt. Rogers father who provided maintenance payments to Margery Haddon until he died. Then his wife learnt of the divorce case and stopped the payments as she knew that Lt. Rogers was not the father but was only used as a scapegoat in place of the Duke of Clarence.

The news and pictures of the Queen & Prince Philip and Charles & Camilla in Wales have been moved to the Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip Current Events thread, here. The event was the opening of the new Welsh Assembly Building by HM, the rest were in the support cast.

Royals attend the second memorial service for Lord Lichfield, Royal photographer and cousin of The Queen who died November 11, 2005, at Guards Chapel, Birdcage Walk on March 9, 2006 in London, England.

From getty images

Attachments

• 57034583.jpg
    57034583.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 57034584.jpg
    57034584.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 268
  • 57034585.jpg
    57034585.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 57034586.jpg
    57034586.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,757
  • 57034591.jpg
    57034591.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 253
  • 57034592.jpg
    57034592.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 625
  • 57034593.jpg
    57034593.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 529
  • 57034577.jpg
    57034577.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 269
  • 57034598.jpg
    57034598.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 854
  • 57034595.jpg
    57034595.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
More photos from getty images

Attachments

• 57035030.jpg
    57035030.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 57035381.jpg
    57035381.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 57035373.jpg
    57035373.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 532
  • 57035321.jpg
    57035321.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 57035316.jpg
    57035316.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 596
  • 57035315.jpg
    57035315.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 57035305.jpg
    57035305.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 57035293.jpg
    57035293.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 252
  • 57034618.jpg
    57034618.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 57034602.jpg
    57034602.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 264
More photos from memorial service
#1-4: Viscount Anson
#5: Duke of Westminster

Attachments

• 57035055.jpg
    57035055.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 57035074.jpg
    57035074.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 57035085.jpg
    57035085.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 57035089.jpg
    57035089.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 57035390.jpg
    57035390.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 227
Duchess Camilla charming and kisses princess of kent. Duchess speak with princess Sophie. Duchess Camilla warmest with royal ladies and speak.! They see out happy and speak with Duchess Camilla first photo!!!! Royal family in love Duchess Camilla now!

no Prince of Wales,Earl of Wessex and Duke of York! at memorial services of Lord Lichfield and also HM Majesty and Prince Philip also

Missing Persons

sara1981 said:
no Prince of Wales,Earl of Wessex and Duke of York! at memorial services of Lord Lichfield and also HM Majesty and Prince Philip also
Apart from Prince Michael the pics are of the Royal Ladies. More significant is the (apparent) absence of the Duchess of Gloucester. There is something amiss. :(

Warren said:
Apart from Prince Michael the pics are of the Royal Ladies. More significant is the (apparent) absence of the Duchess of Gloucester. There is something amiss. :(

The Gloucesters are pretty missing these days aren't they?:confused: :confused:

Royals out in force for Lord Lichfield Memorial Service
The Royal Family's leading ladies put on an elegant show of support for Lord Lichfield's loved-ones when they turned out for a memorial service in London on Thursday. Sophie Wessex, looking graceful in an oriental-style suit and feathered hat, was warmly greeted by Prince Charles' wife Camilla when she arrived for the event in the Guards Chapel at Wellington Barracks..................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/03/10/lichfieldmemorial/

Photos from Hello magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom