The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
He is no one from BRF. It is General Sir Michael Jackson.
getty has this caption wrong unusually , that's is the head of sandhurst milatary academy not sir mike jackson, there are pics of the head of the army(sir mike) chatting to the royals and he is wearing is red sash and wearing the uniform of a 4 * genaral not a brigadiers uniform like this man who's name escapes me. Why can't getty get a simple thing like the right name right.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I don't know how much of a limit there is on the number of relatives who can be invited to the passing out. The closest relations he has among the Spencers these days are aunts and uncles, and I don't know if they'd be close enough to get invited.

I hope, if it was possible to invite them, that they would have been invited.
At my fathers graduation 40+ years ago there were my grandparents and 2 of his brothers as that's what was allowed, it may have chaged since then.

Old 04-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOLEY
At my fathers graduation 40+ years ago there were my grandparents and 2 of his brothers as that's what was allowed, it may have chaged since then.
It has been 2 invited guests for some time, if the cadet knows someone with only one guest (as frequently happens), they can and do come to an arrangement. Security is a lot tighter nowadays, years ago, your extra guests could wait and see if there was room for them and that was always on a first come, first served basis.

In this day of extended families, RMAS will endeavor to accomodate 4 for each cadet but, the norm is still 2.
If one of the people you want to invite is or was an Officer, they don't count in your number of guests.

If the sovereign is going to be present, all guests must be pre-arranged and approved. :) No queue's allowed!
Old 04-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOLEY
That's is the head of sandhurst milatary academy not sir mike jackson, there are pics of the head of the army(sir mike) chatting to the royals and he is wearing is red sash and wearing the uniform of a 4 * genaral not a brigadiers uniform like this man who's name escapes me. Why can't getty get a simple thing like the right name right.
It's Major General Andrew Ritchie. The Commandant of Sandhurst.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Royals attend Easter service
16 April 2006
The Queen and other members of the Royal Family attended the traditional Easter Sunday Service at Windsor Castle.

The Queen was joined by the Countess of Wessex, who wore a striking white hat decorated on the side with a huge cream flower. The Queen and her daughter-in-law, who was dressed in beige, were driven away together from the service back to the castle in a burgundy Bentley.
The Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke of York and the Earl of Wessex returned to the main royal residence on foot.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...PA%20Feed&ct=5
Old 04-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

From polfoto and getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP745785_guest.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	238463   Click image for larger version

Name:	57346157.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	238492   Click image for larger version

Name:	57346158.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	238493   Click image for larger version

Name:	57346162.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	238494  

Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	238495  
Old 04-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Very nice images, fanletizia. Thank you! :)
Both Her Majesty and the Countess look very elegant.
I like Sophie's hat!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I like Sophie's hat!
She probably get some tips from Camilla (that big flower )
Old 04-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnesK
She probably get some tips from Camilla (that big flower )
Yeah, looks like she did!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Nobility

Happy Easter everyone!

Easter service story link...

Easter service attended by Queen

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have attended the traditional Easter Sunday service at Windsor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/4913704.stm
Old 04-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Commoner

Sophie looks lovely!:)
Old 04-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Both the Queen and the Countess of Wessex look great! I like to see Her Majesty in strong colours, it suits her very well. Sophie's hat is very stylish and beautiful, but I do wonder how it feels to have such a big flower there on the side, for someone (like me) who's not used to wearing hats it would probably cause some disturbance and take focus from the important things.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think that hat is overdoing it. When I first saw it, I thought it looked as though Sophie was being attacked by a giant marshmallow. I mean, it isn't elegant or interesting, it's just big.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

Did Prince William and Prince Harry attend the Easter service?
Old 04-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Nobility

It is beautiful photos and all royal family to Prince Harry on Parade 12 april 2006. Wow beautiful photos and Prnce Harry,Prince William kisses first photo Duchess Camilla!!! Duchess Camilla is much in love royal family of Windsor!!!
Old 04-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Aristocracy

Frosty- no, none of the 'younger royals' attended the service.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams
Frosty- no, none of the 'younger royals' attended the service.
Thats very dissapointing. No pictures of my man Harry :( I thought they usually attended Easter service with the family; I wonder where they were.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Courtier

William & Harry haven't attended Easter at Windsor for years. Beatrice and Eugenie seem to split their Easters between their parents because they attend some years but not others. Zara sometimes skips, too, but Peter is usually there.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:51 AM
Heir Apparent

probably same pictures, but without watermarks... so we can see the face more clearly..

(by Tim Graham for Corbis)
Old 04-17-2006, 02:20 AM
Nobility

This is an article which talks about the relationship between Prince Charles and the Queen. I'm glad their relationship is closer now.

Sun Apr 16, 4:58 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Relations between Queen Elizabeth II and heir apparent Prince Charles have long been delicate, but experts on Britain's royal family say mother and eldest son appear to be closer than ever before.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060416...y_060416205846

Tags
british royal family