British Royal Family Current Events 2: November 2005-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed the pix. And if I were Harry I doubt I could keep from grinning as well. It must be so surreal having the Queen for a grandmother, especially inspecting you with other army officers.

seto said:
Does anyone know how close the princes are to the spencers? I don't think they would want to be anywhere near charles and camilla just a guess.

I can understand that the Spencers may dislike Charles and Camilla for hurting their sister, but they are adults and they should put their nephews above such dislike and be there to support William and Harry. (Charles and Camilla invited Earl Spencer to their wedding didn't they?)

This day wasn't at about Charles and Camilla even though they were there. It was very much about Harry, and as others have pointed out, although it was an official event, there was a very family-oriented feel to this event, especially between the Queen and her grandson.

In the end the Spencers are hurting themselves more -- they are not enabling William and Harry to learn more about their maternal side of the family, and if either of these boys (or both) become distant from the Spencer family it will be because the Spencers didn't try to keep their ties.

corazon said:
none spencer in the graducatoin, well, not is strane, none spencer in william graduation from st andrews either.
The spencer are half family of william and harry and may be the relation is more private, this was a event very formal, not was a family event like the diana fountain day or william and harry birthdays.

None of the Spencers have shown up for William and Harry's birthdays in recent years. I think the Spencer women are relatively private, but Earl Spencer is hardly a private individual. He is often in Hello! as is his ex-wife.

Obviously the Spencers garner less attention than the Windsor side of the family, but it would've been nice to see at least one representative of the family at Willilam's graduation from St. Andrews or Harry's graduation from Sandhurst.

I don't know how much of a limit there is on the number of relatives who can be invited to the passing out. The closest relations he has among the Spencers these days are aunts and uncles, and I don't know if they'd be close enough to get invited.

I hope, if it was possible to invite them, that they would have been invited.

I have never thought the Spencers and the boys to be close. There mother wasnt too close to them after all and its not like being close to the spencers will bring their mothers comfort back. IMO, the Waleses boys are smarter then to hang out with their uncle and if they do hang out with the other spencers its probably low key and not very often.

Its never been proven that Charles and Camilla did invite Earl Spencer to their wedding...and if so, I would consider that extremely tacky and am not surprised that he choose not to attend.

We don't know if the Spencers were invited...but if that is the case...why wouldn't he invite is paternal aunt and uncles as well. What is the actual number of invites that each graduate were allowed? William was there because he also attends Sandhurst, the Queen and Prince Phillip because its HER parade, and Charles and Camilla as his father/stepmother. That's really two invites. Was Tiggy there to see him or another graduate?

Zonk1189 said:
Its never been proven that Charles and Camilla did invite Earl Spencer to their wedding...and if so, I would consider that extremely tacky and am not surprised that he choose not to attend.

We don't know if the Spencers were invited...but if that is the case...why wouldn't he invite is paternal aunt and uncles as well. What is the actual number of invites that each graduate were allowed? William was there because he also attends Sandhurst, the Queen and Prince Phillip because its HER parade, and Charles and Camilla as his father/stepmother. That's really two invites. Was Tiggy there to see him or another graduate?

I am pretty sure he was invited as is proper protocal and it is also proper protocal for him to be "busy" on that day and unfortunatly not be able to attend. Stupid really but thats how it works. I am also pretty sure that Harry was allowed eight guests but I could be wrong.

more from Sandhurst, photos by AP/Leftaris Pitarakis

00ap6lefterispitarakis6gc.jpg
00aplefterispitarakis2te.jpg
00aplefterispitarakis5oh.jpg

photos by AP/Dylan Martinez, AP/James Vellacott
00apdylanmartinez2ty.jpg
00apjamesvellacott9mo.jpg

the princes with their WWII veteran grandfather, Prince Philip (Tim Graham/getty images)

00getty29xz.jpg
00getty1wj.jpg
00getty37kt.jpg

great pictures! It's nice to see them with their grandfather.

hornsen said:
He is no one from BRF. It is General Sir Michael Jackson.

getty has this caption wrong unusually:rolleyes: , that's is the head of sandhurst milatary academy not sir mike jackson, there are pics of the head of the army(sir mike) chatting to the royals and he is wearing is red sash and wearing the uniform of a 4 * genaral not a brigadiers uniform like this man who's name escapes me. Why can't getty get a simple thing like the right name right.

Elspeth said:
I don't know how much of a limit there is on the number of relatives who can be invited to the passing out. The closest relations he has among the Spencers these days are aunts and uncles, and I don't know if they'd be close enough to get invited.

I hope, if it was possible to invite them, that they would have been invited.

At my fathers graduation 40+ years ago there were my grandparents and 2 of his brothers as that's what was allowed, it may have chaged since then.

MOLEY said:
At my fathers graduation 40+ years ago there were my grandparents and 2 of his brothers as that's what was allowed, it may have chaged since then.

It has been 2 invited guests for some time, if the cadet knows someone with only one guest (as frequently happens), they can and do come to an arrangement. Security is a lot tighter nowadays, years ago, your extra guests could wait and see if there was room for them and that was always on a first come, first served basis.

In this day of extended families, RMAS will endeavor to accomodate 4 for each cadet but, the norm is still 2. :rolleyes:
If one of the people you want to invite is or was an Officer, they don't count in your number of guests.

If the sovereign is going to be present, all guests must be pre-arranged and approved. :) No queue's allowed! :D

MOLEY said:
That's is the head of sandhurst milatary academy not sir mike jackson, there are pics of the head of the army(sir mike) chatting to the royals and he is wearing is red sash and wearing the uniform of a 4 * genaral not a brigadiers uniform like this man who's name escapes me. Why can't getty get a simple thing like the right name right.

It's Major General Andrew Ritchie. :D The Commandant of Sandhurst. :D

Royals attend Easter service
16 April 2006
The Queen and other members of the Royal Family attended the traditional Easter Sunday Service at Windsor Castle.

The Queen was joined by the Countess of Wessex, who wore a striking white hat decorated on the side with a huge cream flower. The Queen and her daughter-in-law, who was dressed in beige, were driven away together from the service back to the castle in a burgundy Bentley.
The Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke of York and the Earl of Wessex returned to the main royal residence on foot.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/PA_NEWA15685541144916829A0?source=PA%20Feed&ct=5

From polfoto and getty

Attachments

• AP745785_guest.jpg
    AP745785_guest.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 57346157.jpg
    57346157.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 205
  • 57346158.jpg
    57346158.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 274
  • 57346162.jpg
    57346162.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Very nice images, fanletizia. Thank you! :)
Both Her Majesty and the Countess look very elegant.
I like Sophie's hat! :D

Both the Queen and the Countess of Wessex look great! I like to see Her Majesty in strong colours, it suits her very well. Sophie's hat is very stylish and beautiful, but I do wonder how it feels to have such a big flower there on the side, for someone (like me) who's not used to wearing hats it would probably cause some disturbance and take focus from the important things.

I think that hat is overdoing it. When I first saw it, I thought it looked as though Sophie was being attacked by a giant marshmallow. I mean, it isn't elegant or interesting, it's just big.

Did Prince William and Prince Harry attend the Easter service? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It is beautiful photos and all royal family to Prince Harry on Parade 12 april 2006. Wow beautiful photos and Prnce Harry,Prince William kisses first photo Duchess Camilla!!! Duchess Camilla is much in love royal family of Windsor!!!

HighGoalHighDreams said:
Frosty- no, none of the 'younger royals' attended the service.

Thats very dissapointing. No pictures of my man Harry :( I thought they usually attended Easter service with the family; I wonder where they were.

William & Harry haven't attended Easter at Windsor for years. Beatrice and Eugenie seem to split their Easters between their parents because they attend some years but not others. Zara sometimes skips, too, but Peter is usually there.

probably same pictures, but without watermarks... so we can see the face more clearly..

vpffbl.jpg
vpffp0.jpg
vpg6cx.jpg

(by Tim Graham for Corbis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom