British Royal Family Current Events 2: November 2005-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Elizabeth to watch grandson Prince Harry's military graduation parade

Prince Philip, Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall and Harry's brother Prince William also plan to attend the ceremony at the Sandhurst military academy in southern England.

http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=4759293&nav=2FH5

Queen for Harry graduation parade

Harry's girlfriend, Chelsy Davy, arrived at London's Heathrow Airport on Tuesday, but will not be attending the parade, said a Buckingham Palace spokesman.
The spokesman declined to comment on reports Davy would attend a graduation ball with the Prince later Wednesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/04/12/uk.harry.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Last edited:
Queen sees Harry's Sandhurst passing out ceremony

Prince Harry marched in front of the Queen today at his passing out ceremony at Sandhurst.

As he commissioned as an officer in the Army, the 21-year-old third in line to throne took part in the military college's historic Sovereign's Parade.
He was also watched by his grandfather the Duke of Edinburgh, his proud father the Prince of Wales, stepmother the Duchess of Cornwall and brother Prince William.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/04/12/uharry1.xml

Prince Harry, center, smiles as his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II, partially seen, reviews officers during The Sovereign's Parade at the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst England on the completion of their training Wednesday April 12, 2006

from polfoto

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 313
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 296
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 393
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 41.JPG
    41.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 325
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Queen's role
The Queen inspected both ranks of the senior division and the front rank of the junior division during the parade.

Afterwards, she gave a speech to the cadets where she described the parade as a "great occasion".
"This day marks the beginning of what I hope will be highly successful careers," she said.
"My prayers and my trust go with you all."
She also presented the prestigious Sword of Honour to the best cadet and also handed out the Overseas Medal and the Queen's Medal, before addressing the newly-commissioned officers. It was the first time in 15 years that she has attended a Sovereign's Parade in the quadrangle of the college in Camberley, Surrey.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4901830.stm

(include a video link of the ceremony)

Prince William (middle row, first left) was among many Sandhurst officer cadets watching the Sovereign's Parade.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 219
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures! I'm sure Harry is happy his training is over.

From getty and yahoo/reuters and ap

Prince Harry (L) kisses former nanny Tiggy Pettifer after the Sovereign's Parade at the Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst, southern England April 12, 2006.

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 32.JPG
    32.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 31.JPG
    31.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 275
  • 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 186
  • 36.JPG
    36.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 42.JPG
    42.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 43.JPG
    43.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Events with whole Royal Family are the best!

Aww look how red his wee face was when the Queen stopped in front of him! Bless!

I especially liked the photos where Harry is grinning from ear to ear, as red in his face as the band on his hat :D It seems like he is struggling very hard not to start laughing (for what reason he should laugh, I don't know, since it seems like a serious occation, though it must be strange being inspected by granny!!)

I watch it live on BBC - was great. They say that the Queen must be and is very proud of Harry:) Officer Cadet H. Wales looks so handsome and seriously.

I like these pictures. Everybody looks happy!

Where are the Spencers I wonder? Charles Spencer vowed to "save boys from Windsors". So where is he and his sisters when Harry passes out? Perhaps they don't have time for such common event as their nephew ending gruelling Army training?

AgnesK I could be wrong, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that he was only allowed to invite 2 people to the parade and he chose prince Charles and Camilla. I think this was also the reason why Chelsea did not attend.

Will's princess said:
AgnesK I could be wrong, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that he was only allowed to invite 2 people to the parade and he chose prince Charles and Camilla. I think this was also the reason why Chelsea did not attend.

He kisses his former nanny at the picture. She was there as well as his dad and Camilla. I don't understand that if former nanny made such important event in his life his mother's family don't. Probably they are only capable of getting some publicity from funeral speeches but don't care at all about reall persons (I mean Harry). It is a shame. They all should have been there. They are Harry's aunts and uncles. His mum is dead so they should be there in her name too. I am not big fan of Diana, but I feel sorry for her now. Her family should be there for her son.

If they-cadets can allow only two persons, than what Tiggy done there? who invite her? Or maybe Spencers come later and congrats Harry? Maybe there will be I don't know some party or smth like that when the whole family (Windsors, Spencers) and Chelsea will come?

Last edited:
magnik said:
If they-cadets can allow only two persons, than what Tiggy done there? who invite her? Or maybe Spencers come later and congrats Harry? Maybe there will be I don't know some party or smth like that when the whole family (Windsors, Spencers) and Chelsea will come?

Witam rodaczke :D

More from getty

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 276
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 323
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
and More from getty

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 277
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 23.JPG
    23.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 319
  • 24.JPG
    24.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 381
  • 25.JPG
    25.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 280
If my eyesite serves me correctly, Mark Dyer is there as well. Possibly, there wasn't a two-person limit. Although it seems to make sense, there seem to be two or so extra people with Harry.

Images from yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 274
magnik said:
:) :) :)

Boys looks soooo handsome.
Yeah, especially Wills at that picture he is greeting Camilla :D Poor boy developed soooo nice bald spot :eek: :D

Pozdrowienia ;)

Last edited:
magnik said:
If they-cadets can allow only two persons, than what Tiggy done there? who invite her?

It's possible that she was there as an invited guest of another cadet, I suppose. Perhaps some news will come out about with whom she had a connection among the graduates.

AgnesK said:
Yeah, espacially Wills at that picture he is greeting Camilla :D Poor boy developed soooo nice bald spot :eek: :D

Pozdrowienia ;)
Family men-tradition:rolleyes: or maybe that's a hat guilt?
On this photo Wills looks like he is going to falling down not kissing Camilla.
:)

selrahc4 said:
It's possible that she was there as an invited guest of another cadet, I suppose. Perhaps some news will come out about with whom she had a connection among the graduates.
Maybe you're right.

Last edited:
Actually I think I was wrong in the first place! I think the 2 person limit was for another Sandhurst event so maybe the Spencers just couldn't make it or else they weren't photographed! Who really knows? lol

Will's princess said:
maybe the Spencers just couldn't make it or else they weren't photographed! Who really knows? lol

All of them couldn't make it? Strange :D I don't believe in them not being photographed either :) I simply think that they don't care. Or maybe I am wrong - if any of them is there today they will be on the official photograph in front of Sandhurst main building I suppose. Just wait and see.

Last edited:
Well done Harry you and your men performed well :) A Very Happy Occasion Indeed!

I absolutely love the pictures of Harry trying not to smile when the Queen passed by him. He couldnt help it and his face get red! I wonder if the Queen said something funny to him. They seem to have a good relationship.

Some more images. All from getty
Some of them might have already been posted, so sorry for that.:eek:
I especially love the 3rd one, lovely image of the father and sons, and the 4th one, it's practically the picture of the British Royal Family.

Attachments

• 25.JPG
    25.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 57326661.jpg
    57326661.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 278
  • 57326876.jpg
    57326876.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 261
  • 57326900.jpg
    57326900.jpg