British Royal Family Current Events 1: November 2002-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elspeth said:
Royal Ascot is being disrupted this year because they're renovating the course; the races will be happening at York racecourse in June. I have no idea whether there'll be the usual carriage processions with the royal family or what will happen.

http://www.ascot.co.uk/
According to the BBC the royal procession will take place as usual on all five days of the event.

I only wonder where all the royals will stay during the five days, probably in a hotel. Or perhaps on the royal train? (the Queen and the Duke). :confused:

BUCKINGHAM PALACE BACKS LONDON'S BID FOR 2012 OLYMPICS

The Queen is to host a special dinner for members of the International Olympic Committee Evaluation Commission at Buckingham Palace on Friday, 18 February.

The event supports London's bid to host the Olympics in 2012, as IOC members conduct their evaluation of the capital's suitability.

IOC guests will arrive at a specially floodlit Buckingham Palace in a fleet of taxis. They will be driven past sentries to the Grand Entrance, which will be lit by flame torches to reflect the Olympic spirit.

After being greeted by The Princess Royal (herself a former Olympic competitor, President of the British Olympic Association, and a member of the International Olympic Committee), the IOC guests will move past a contingent of Yeomen of the Guard in their famous scarlet Tudor uniforms, up to the State Rooms.

Three generations of the Royal Family will be present to support the event. In the White Drawing Room, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will greet the special guests, who will be presented by The Princess Royal. The Princess's husband, Rear Admiral Timothy Laurence, and her daughter, Miss Zara Phillips (an expert horse rider in her own right), will also be there.

Politicians attending the event will be Prime Minister Tony Blair and Mrs. Blair; Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown; Tessa Jowell, Secretary of State for Culture, Media & Sport; Richard Caborn, Minister for Sport; Bill Rammell, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Foreign & Commonwealth Office; Michael Howard, Leader of the Opposition; and Ken Livingstone, Mayor of London.

Representatives of London's Olympic bid team will include Lord Coe and Barbara Cassani, respectively Chairman and Vice Chairman of London 2012 Ltd. Sporting ambassadors will include Sir Steve Redgrave, Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson, Denise Lewis and Jonathan Edwards. The British Olympic and Paralympic Associations will also be represented.

A formal photograph of The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh with members of the Evaluation Commission will be taken in the Music Room.

A reception in the Blue Drawing Room will follow, at which Nyetimber 1995 English sparkling wine will be served alongside the usual pre-prandial drinks.

Dinner, to be held in the State Dining Room, will feature roast fillet of sea bass with wild mushrooms, breast of duck with Bigarade sauce, braised chicory, snow peas, rösti potatoes, salad, and caramelised pear tart. Halal chicken will be offered to Muslim guests. Commonwealth wines will accompany the meal.

Entertainment throughout the evening will represent different parts of the UK. The Prince of Wales's Harpist Jemima Phillips will play at the pre-dinner reception, a quartet from the Coldstream Guards will play to welcome the guests and during the dinner, and The Queen's Piper and two pipers from Scottish regiments will play after the dinner.

After dinner, The Queen will take her guests into the Picture Gallery for coffee and to see a Royal Collection display of Olympic and sporting memorabilia.

IOC guests will take their leave shortly before 10pm, accompanied by pipers from the Irish Guards playing in the quadrangle.

First two pics from the IOC dinner tonight!

Attachments

• IOC 18 feb 2005_1.jpg
    IOC 18 feb 2005_1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,284
  • IOC 18 feb 2005_2.jpg
    IOC 18 feb 2005_2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,226
The State Visit of Italian President to England in March from 15th to 17th.But i think The Queen has paid a State Visit to Italy in 2000 so now she invite him to pay a State Visit.

In the end of this month, Princess Anne will have some visits to Commonwealth South America countries.In March, Princess Anne will visit Luxembourgh.

The Royals: Who Hates Who

Well I thought this article would start an interesting relationships about fragile/broken down relationships within the British royal family. (Hopefully this won't disappear.)

Friday 25 February 2005 08:41pm
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
000135A2-2956-112A-B09880BFB6FA0000.jpg

THE ROYALS: WHO HATES WHO Feb 25 2005

By Julie Mccaffrey

THE father fell out with his daughter-in-law, the mother is miffed with her son and the grandsons are grumpy with their uncle.

The furious family feuds could be straight out of a soap opera... but the rows and ructions are simmering for real among the Windsors, threatening to wreck their desperate attempts to keep up appearances. Here's our guide to who hates whom in the Royal Family.

Keep it handy as the shenanigans over Charles and Camilla's wedding plans continue.

__________​

CHARLES V EDWARD

CHARLES called Prince Edward a "****ing idiot" for filming William in 2001. And Edward blames Charles for not investing in his telly firm Ardent Productions.

CHARLES v QUEEN

SHE made him have a civil wedding - and then refused to attend. He huffily branded the plans to marry in a register office a farce and reckons he feels battered and hurt.

CHARLES v PHILIP

THE Prince blames his father for sending him to tough boarding school Gordonstoun, which he hated - and for bullying him into marrying Diana.

PHILIP v ANDREW

THE Duke dislikes Andrew's blatant freeloading and lazy lifestyle believing he should spend more time performing royal duties than lowering his golf handicap.

Andrew hates Prince Philip because he deprived him of exclusive use of the golf course at Balmoral and treated his ex-wife Fergie harshly.

QUEEN v PUSHY

HM was upset with Princess Michael of Kent for revealing that she allegedly adopts cockney and Norfolk accents to mock people. She once sarcastically observed to Philip that Princess Pushy was "more royal than we are".

QUEEN v CAMILLA

THE Queen deplored the fact that Camilla and Charles cheated on Diana. She once referred to Camilla as "that wicked woman" and said she wanted nothing to do with her.

HARRY v CAMILLA

THE young Prince can't forgive her for making his late mother's life miserable. He disapproves of her marriage and avoids meeting her.

ANNE v CAMILLA

CAMILLA stole Andrew Parker Bowles from under Anne's nose and had the gall to marry him - then cheat on him. Anne has harboured a simmering hatred for her brother's mistress ever since.

PHILIP v EDWARD

PHILIP'S wimpish son dropped out of the Royal Marines in 1987. His dad, who is Captain General of the Marines, gave him an ear-bashing when he quit.

CHARLES v PUSHY

THE Prince was said to be "extremely upset" when Princess Michael of Kent threw a £15,000 champagne party at Kensington Palace just hours after his grandmother the Queen Mother's lying-in-state ceremony in 2002.

WILLIAM v EDWARD

Edward's TV firm Ardent Productions thumbed its nose at tight reporting restrictions to film Wills in St Andrews in 2001. An insider said: "If his uncle offered him an olive branch, William would hit him with it."

PHILIP v FERGIE

THE Duke called Fergie "pointless" after her toe-sucking scandal with American businessman John Bryan. He could never stand her frolicsome ways.

FERGIE v CHARLES

SARAH Ferguson hasn't forgiven Charles for the way he treated Diana. She thinks he was unsympathetic to her friend's problems and treated her appallingly by refusing to give up his mistress Camilla.

HARRY v EDWARD

HARRY was angry when a TV show Edward co-produced dubbed him the "spare heir" and said he aimed to emulate his fun-loving uncle Andrew.

ANNE v ANDREW

ANNE blames the Prince for bringing Fergie into the family. And she despairs of his lazy, freeloading habits when she works so hard at her royal duties.

ANDREW v EDWARD

ANDREW saw active service in the Falklands and feels he has nothing in common with his weakling younger brother. Edward is jealous of Andrew's success in the Navy and his good looks.

FERGIE v ANDREW

FERGIE despised her ex-husband for not standing up to his parents. She misses Christ-mas with her daughters as they spend it with the Royal Family.

ANNE v PUSHY

ANNE was furious when it was reported Princess Michael told a noisy group of black diners in New York to "go back to the colonies" (a claim she denied) and stood up for Harry after his Nazi uniform gaffe.

I watched a documentary when Queen Elizabeth of Britain was 40 years on the throne in 1992 and fail to see where Princess Michael of Kent was out of line in talking about the Queen's Norfolk accent. Anyone who has seen this documentary will have seen the Queen visiting her stables at Sandringham whilst a young man and his infant daughter peer through the gate. She proceeds to say on camara, in a heavy Norfolk accent, "Oh look, nice horses!" and may I say that I found her tone of voice rude and condescending in the extreme as she totally ignored said man and child.

what about Diana,Princess of Wales and Sophie,Countess of Wessex? who hates who?

Sara Boyce

well i read somewhere on that diana thought sophie was a goody two shoes and that she did not have it hard like she and fergie did.

Reina said:
well i read somewhere on that diana thought sophie was a goody two shoes and that she did not have it hard like she and fergie did.

Would you provide us with a link to the article you are quoting, otherwise it could be considered as gossip.

It was somewhere on this forum where they had pics that compared her and sophi

james said:
I watched a documentary when Queen Elizabeth of Britain was 40 years on the throne in 1992 and fail to see where Princess Michael of Kent was out of line in talking about the Queen's Norfolk accent. Anyone who has seen this documentary will have seen the Queen visiting her stables at Sandringham whilst a young man and his infant daughter peer through the gate. She proceeds to say on camara, in a heavy Norfolk accent, "Oh look, nice horses!" and may I say that I found her tone of voice rude and condescending in the extreme as she totally ignored said man and child.

I've watched that documentary about 15 times. The Queen says the incident occured either "yesterday" or "the other day" and is recounting it to two companions with her at the time. There was no young man with daughter in that scene.

Please, How I can register in rex features?, I would love can open the pictures I search in the page...

Tomorrow will be Easter,so i think we can post the pictures of Her Majesty,Prince Philip and other members of The Royal Family at the Easter tomorrow in this thread.
Happy easter to everybody.

Easter 2005

Here are some photos from Getty Images.

Attachments

• 52484598easter.jpg
    52484598easter.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 52484719easter.jpg
    52484719easter.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 52484720easter.jpg
    52484720easter.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 52484722easter.jpg
    52484722easter.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 190
Mm... I guess, Charles and his sons weren't there, were they?

I am sooo glad Zara opted for a more conservative look this Easter. SHe looks just as good as ashe is in her 'art-deco' looks (that's my opinion.sorry if i use the worng term)

Where is Zara?I did not see her.I also did not see Sophie,Beatrice nad Eugine too.Did they attend?

Sophie's photo

Here Is Some Photo I Fond On The Web Form Ibl. Any One Can Make The Photo Bigger?

Attachments

• 120511.jpg
    120511.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 569
  • 783629_05.jpg
    783629_05.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 573
  • 783629_06.jpg
    783629_06.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 559
  • 783629_07.jpg
    783629_07.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 585
i've just visited IBl.There are so many pics of Easter.But i think we should pay to be members?

Here are some pics from Van Parys Media:

Attachments

• aeaster1.jpg
    aeaster1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 168
  • aeaster2.jpg
    aeaster2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 121
  • aeaster3.jpg
    aeaster3.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 124
  • aeaster4.jpg
    aeaster4.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 139
  • aeaster5.jpg
    aeaster5.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 141
  • aeaster6.jpg
    aeaster6.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 544
There are many lovely pics this year of Easter but it's a pity that Getty and Corbis do not have as much as Van Parys media,or Rex Features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom