Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall during that meeting! An odd pairing of people, IMO:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, jordan is the person i would least expect to meet the princess royal. oh well, life has strange things, i guess. i wonder if it was true that anne invited her to her house or if what she meant is that she would like to be invited. it sounds to me most odd. is katie actually a good horsewoman?

yes, jordan is the person i would least expect to meet the princess royal. oh well, life has strange things, i guess. i wonder if it was true that anne invited her to her house or if what she meant is that she would like to be invited. it sounds to me most odd. is katie actually a good horsewoman?
apparently she is a decent rider and has written a book on pony care which was slated by experts for being basic but commended by vets and animal welfare groups for being a practical beginners guide with very good advice for the new pony owner. (I havent read it) I did see an interview with Jordan?Katie? where she talked about it cant remember where.

Princess Anne visited Devonport Naval Base in Plymouth today,
April 27, 2009 and handed out some awards as well, the following
article about her visit also includes a little pic :)

Royal visitor for HMS Albion crew

Princess Anne visited Devonport Naval Base in Plymouth today,
April 27, 2009 and handed out some awards as well, the following
article about her visit also includes a little pic :)

Royal visitor for HMS Albion crew
She's wearing a suit with epulats? (Which makes sense as she is a commander of the forces. ) What rank? (Says Russo who's getting old to remember. . )

Last edited:
Pics 30.4.2009

Anne made a short visit to Germany today!

British Princess Anne, Princess Royal is welcomed by pupils of the
British School at Catterick Barracks in Bielefeld, Germany, 30 April
2009. In her function as honourary colonel of the Royal Logistic
Corps, the Princess Royal paid a short visit to Bielefeld.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

We should give praise to whatever deity (if any) we worship, if the PR has decided to kick it up a notch, fashion-wise.

Quote?

Hello

This is a long shot but I wondered if anyone could trace a quote I believe was made by Princess Anne.

She spoke about only taking her children to an art gallery to see one painting at a time so she could educate them beforehand and so they would fully appreciate the piece without getting bored.

Ok, so that's a very long shot but you never know.

Thanks for your time!

It might have been Princess Margaret that said that... lounging about galleries doesn't sound like the Princess Royal IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, it would be quite rewarding to see the PR go va-Va-VOOM once in a while. Probably make the papp's over-excited! :D
She could start with that hair. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but it doesn't make any sense for her to walk around with her hair looking like she just finished sweeping the floor. Her hair is awful.

She could start with that hair. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but it doesn't make any sense for her to walk around with her hair looking like she just finished sweeping the floor. Her hair is awful.
What would you suggest? HRH tends to like a no muss, no fuss, incredibly easy do. I am not sure which one would fit her face and afford her the speed to get ready and go. . .:ermm:

A simple wash and blow dry to straighten her hair. She could still pin it up but in a more flattering style. Or she could have it cut in a shorter, blunt, bob if she doesn't want to deal with it. But she needs to do something. Her hair as it is screams I don't care about my hair at all. Really, sometimes you can overcompensate in wanting to prove to the world that you're not fussy about your looks. She will never be VROOM as her hair looks unkempt. She could also have someone do her makeup as well. She looks washed out. She needs a makeover, she looks terrible. I'm not saying she is an awful person (except when she very publicly scolds someone for attempting to help her up after a fall), she is very careful with public money which is to be commended. I'm also not expecting her to change her overall style, if she wants to wear 30 year old outfits, fine. But she needs someone to help her look more feminine from the neck up. And I'll lay odds that the professionals who surround her have whispered the same thing for years now. I imagine I'll be shouted down for this, but take a long look at any of her latest pictures and deep down, you know I'm right.

Luv2, I have to agree with you. The whole thing about her hair is that it is too harshly swept back for her face. It wasn't as obvious when she was younger, but now it just looks badly dated. And very long hair isn't appropriate for older ladies IMO, it just weighs down their faces.

And I think the shame of it is that she's still an attractive woman, with a super figure.

All these recent comments about how the Princess looks: say to me, that she works too hard and its starting to show.

That hairdo reminds me of Elvis.

There are many people in the world who enjoy a makeover, change of hairstyle or hit a certain age and go for a new look. I'm afraid that Princess Anne is not one of them! I think it would be a shock to world to see her with a totally different hairstyle - abit like the Queen growing her hair long, or Queen Beatrix having a bob! I'd wouldn't want to be hairdresser who suggests to her a new look! We may as well try to put her on Big Brother or take her sky-diving as much as trying to change her hairstyle - it will never happen!

That much is painfully obvious Jack.:flowers: I wouldn't last two minutes as her stylist anyway. I don't suffer rude behavior lightly, be it Princess Anne, Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles, Prince William, or anyone else. Each one of them puts on their pants one leg at a time just like I do. In two seconds I'd let her have it the minute she started up with me, trust me on that.:nonono: She bullies people and gets away with it because of the luck of the draw of her station. That game doesn't work with me, never has.

That much is painfully obvious Jack.:flowers: I wouldn't last two minutes as her stylist anyway. I don't suffer rude behavior lightly, be it Princess Anne, Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles, Prince William, or anyone else. Each one of them puts on their pants one leg at a time just like I do. In two seconds I'd let her have it the minute she started up with me, trust me on that.:nonono: She bullies people and gets away with it because of the luck of the draw of her station. That game doesn't work with me, never has.

Do you have any evidence that she is rude to her stylist etc?

She told the press to 'naff off' when a lot younger and had a run in with a person a couple of years ago who went to help her get up.

Other than that I have never heard of any evidence that she bullies people and I certainly believe that I would have read of staff leaving and complaining about her if she did have that reputation. I have never heard of any.

Like her father and many other people, yourself included I would guess, she doesn't put up with fools gladly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom