Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 12.3.2009

Investitures with Princess Anne inside the Ballroom at
Buckingham Palace, London, March 12, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I had no idea Anne did investitures as well. I thought it was only HM or Prince Charles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea Anne did investitures as well. I thought it was only HM or Prince Charles.
Princess Anne does sometimes too muriel. As Prince Charles is away on tour, so it's understandable that Princess Anne is sharing the work to support HM the Queen. I can recall when HM injured her back, and had the eye blood vesell, the Princess stood in for her mother as well.

If you look at these pictures of The Princess Royal, I have to confess, as a young man, I can not believe the Princess is about 59 years old. Have you seen her figure?

Pics 13.3.2009

Britain's Princess Anne smiles with Andrew Parker-Bowles as
they watch a race on the final day of the Cheltenham Festival
horse racing meeting in Gloucestershire, England March 13, 2009.
Later she also handed out the trophy to the winner.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Is it the Cheltenham Race has any associated with Princess Anne, or why this year with the presence of Her Majesty, it is not the Queen who present the Gold Trophy?

Rex, Getty, Belga and Daylife(Reuters) also have photos.

:flowers:

There are some great photos of Pss Anne with Andrew Parker-Bowles, and with her daughter, Zara Phillips.

There is also a great photo of Pss Anne looking out of her racing binoculars and she has a metal horse pendant. It is a lovely metal horse pendant.

:flowers:

The Princess Royal certainly appears more pleased with the winner than APB in that first photo.

Pic 14.3.2009

Princess Anne, Princess Royal watches the RBS Six Nations
Championship match between Scotland and Ireland at the
Murrayfield on March 14, 2009 in Edinburgh, Scotland.

------> Pic

HRH Princess Anne, The Princess Royal presents the traditional sprigs of shamrock to the guards as she visits the 1st Battalion Irish Guards at their new home, Victoria Barracks, on St Patrick's Day Parade on March 17, 2009 in Windsor, England.
Jamd
Jamd
Jamd
Jamd
Jamd

Gallery Mediumphoto

On page 2 of this thread, I wrote that I thought that these horse events were a labour of love. Alas I was right.

I

I was very excited last night - through my job I do occasionally get invited to posh dos, and I was at one last night with Princess Anne - and I was put on the list to be introduced to her! We chatted fairly innocuously about volunteering, but I wanted to touch her to check she was real. Of course I wanted to make her over, but we'll let that one go. Anyways, she seemed incredibly down to earth, and very very knowledgeable about the charity sector (where I work) with a depth of understanding that many people in the sector do not have. Anyway, I have achieved a goal, and at last have met a Royal! Hurrah!

Does she do them in the Queen's absence?
The Queen might be off to Windsor, or she might be at the Palace, but doing other of her schedules. But as i have explained earlier on, the Investitures have been divided, so Prince Charles and Princess Anne sometimes stand in, and give the Queen a hand.

Princess Anne today attened the England vs Scotland match at Twickenham where she presented the Calcutta Cup to the winning English team

Congratulations, James. I might have an opportunity to stumble across Norwegian royals but otherwise it's not likely in the Midwest, unless you're in Chicago.

Well done, James!:flowers: Down-to-earth are words that are often used to describe The Princess Royal.

I was very excited last night - through my job I do occasionally get invited to posh dos, and I was at one last night with Princess Anne - and I was put on the list to be introduced to her! We chatted fairly innocuously about volunteering, but I wanted to touch her to check she was real. Of course I wanted to make her over, but we'll let that one go. Anyways, she seemed incredibly down to earth, and very very knowledgeable about the charity sector (where I work) with a depth of understanding that many people in the sector do not have. Anyway, I have achieved a goal, and at last have met a Royal! Hurrah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom