Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anybody know, wether anne will attend this evenings party of her brother?

I'm not sure. The Commonwealth Agricultural Conference itself takes place
from Friday 14 November till Monday 17 November 2008, I assume that the
two events Anne has attended belong to the supporting programme.

Thanks for the pics. giov. PA looks extremely smart

Pics 26.11.2008

Olympic double Gold Medalist Rebecca Adlington recieves the Sportswoman
of the Year award from HRH Princess Anne, Princess Royal during the 2008
Sports Journalists Association Awards at The Brewery on November 26, 2008
in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Pics 3.12.2008

Princess Anne, the Princess Royal and Micky Steele Bodger the President
of the Barbarians are introduced to the Barbarian squad prior to kickoff
during the 1908 - 2008 London Olympic Centenary match between
The Barbarians and Australia at Wembley Stadium on December 3, 2008
in London, England

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I have always had a great deal of admiration and respect for Anne, both for all her hard work and nearly flawless public behavior. She would be an outstanding role model for future generations. With a few excceptions, I have always liked her snese of style as far as her clothes are concerned. It's too bad she doesn't do something different with her hair; she is such an attractive woman.

Princess Anne's commitment to her work, and her general no nonsense approach to life is admirable. Though when it comes to her sense of dress, I probably think there is more ground to cover. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is why: she's very no-nonsense. I think a little whimsy once in a while would be lovely to see. . . .:)

The Princess Royal arrives at the Grand Pier at Weston-super-Mare to meet the firefighters who fought the blaze at the historic pier, 2008-12-05.
Mediumphoto
Mediumphoto

I have never seen Princess Anne in person but I have often thought she has a very Queenly look about her, in fact the most regal of the younger members of the BRF.
This was a very nice photograph of her. If she wore black gloves you can be sure that was correct I can´t see Princess Anne taking any step wrong.

Which is why she is one of my favorites. She is very cut and dried and no-nonsense. She would have made a hell of a ruler were she accorded the chance! :flowers:

Which is why she is one of my favorites. She is very cut and dried and no-nonsense. She would have made a hell of a ruler were she accorded the chance! :flowers:

That's also why she one of my favourite Princesses - as well as being very hard-working, she seems to be very much 'a horse is a horse and a spade's a spade'.

Last edited:
Pics 17.12.2008

Princess Anne leaves The Dorchester Hotel London, England - 17.12.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thank you iceflower! :flowers: It looks to be a very nice dress Anne is wearing and doesn't she look happy! :flowers:

You are most welcome, Skydragon :flowers: me too I was pleased
to see her that happy and relaxed :)

Here's an article about a visit Anne made to Huntingdon some days
ago, it's kind of funny that they concentrate on the simple fact that
she recycled her clothes, okay, it's been in the same town...but it's
not as remarkable as the 27-year-old-wedding-guest-dress ;)

Princess Anne wears same outfit in same town three years later

Well, it's hard to please the press, Russophile ;)

Here's an article with a pic of Anne about a visit to
Monmouth, I'm not sure if it took place yesterday or
on December 12, as the article says "last Friday" and
was published on Friday, December 19.
Anne opened "the new state of the art factory premises
of leading equine health supplement company, NAF".

-----> Link

I love Princess Anne for her wearing several times in the course of the years the same outfits. Is this not a good example for us, saying, it is not necessary to always get another and still another dress all the time. You are perhaps of another opinion or do you agree with me, that it is lovely, that also Royals have a sense of economy?

There is only one thind which makes me a little sad, i.e. that it "seems" that her marriage is not so happy. Do you think this is wrong?

I think her marriage is ok. Sometimes you can see both together. Not in the british Press. Only if iceflower post it in. Thank you for great pics. Happy Christmas.:angel:

Pics 13.1.2009

Princess Anne in Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire, Britain - 13 Jan 2009
The Princess Royal visited the CAB offices and had lunch in the Town
hall.

Pics 14.1.2009

Princess Anne visits the London International Boat Show,
Excel, London, Britain - 14 Jan 2009

She seems in a very good humor lately. Her hair looks better in this darker shade, dont you think?

yes her hair colour does look better , wonder what she would look like with short hair ?

I dont understand why such a big deal is made about Anne recycling clothes, the queen does it all the time as well. granted the yellow wedding-guest dress was remarkable but the constant talking of how she always recycles clothes just seems to be the press concentrating on what they want to and how they want to portray her.

I see the comments about recycling as a compliment to Anne. Of course all senior royals recycle their clothes - why not.

The dress is a style which was very popular in 1981 - ruffles, puffed shoulders, and a print which really stands out in white and yellow.
The dress has an almost girlish look to it. Maybe if Anne had changed the dress - had the shoulders remade and cut down a bit on the ruffles, it would have looked more up-to-date and modern.
The hat - a nest of flowers - well, that is a different story altogether.

I see the comments about recycling as a compliment to Anne. Of course all senior royals recycle their clothes - why not.
I dont see them as negative either, it makes her more likable, in my view, in these hard times. But still who cares that she wore the same outfit to the same town three years ago. How about an article about how she has been one of the hardest working royals without complaining/whining about her lot. She gets very little press coverage but she does more than her siblings, although charles did perform a few engagements more than she did last year. I doubt that she cares for press attention or appreciation anyway but still i think that her contributions should be recognized. And all we see is an article about her clothes!
She probably just doesnt monitor what she wears whereas the queen does.

Beautifully tailored coat - love the color!

Here are some more pics of Anne at the boat show today,
I especially like the first and the fourth one, but with the
right caption the third one could be funny as well ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom