Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Skydragon, it's great that she still fits in that dress...and anyway, I think it suits her as much as it did 27 years ago

Exactly!
Anyways, her dress was ugly 27 years ago and, of course, it is still ugly now!
Pics
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

I agree but worst of all is the hat - is it really a hat or a pan of fried eggs fixed at her hairdo?

Even the german press has picked up the story. It's simply Anne, if we like it or not. She doesn't give a second thought to put it politely.

Recycling nach 27 Jahren: Prinzessin Anne beim Kleiderauftragen ertappt - Panorama - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten

What I don't understand is, why everyboday says, that it's impolite of Anne to wear a dress a second time? Is it because it was Charles and Dianas wedding or is it only because people can't accept that royals have the same right to be normal, as we have? I mean, if one of us wears a dress two times nobody would say anything because it's fine but when one of them does it, it's almost a crime! I think that's quite immature of people to say...

Royal ladies have been know to recycle dresses beause it's simply the practical and logical thing to do. They've also done it in situations where expenses have been an issue. Considering all the fuss over Peter's involvement with HELLO!, perhaps Anne wore the dress to show support for her son's practical approach to his wedding expenses.

What I don't understand is, why everyboday says, that it's impolite of Anne to wear a dress a second time? Is it because it was Charles and Dianas wedding or is it only because people can't accept that royals have the same right to be normal, as we have? I mean, if one of us wears a dress two times nobody would say anything because it's fine but when one of them does it, it's almost a crime! I think that's quite immature of people to say...
It certainly seems a problem to some, I wonder if they wear the same outfit, ever? Of course they do... :flowers:

I liked it in '81 and I like it now, the hat would not be my choice but we are all different and it is not so bad.

Pics 21.7.2008

Pics from yesterday with a newer and maybe less controversial dress ;)

The Princess Royal meets guests at a garden party arranged by the
"Not Forgotten Association" Buckingham Palace London, July 21, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I think its nice to see someone in the BRF practical. Especially with all the grumbling about the cost of the Royal Family on the taxpayers. It's amazing how well Princess Anne has kept her fantastic figure. Good for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing to be able to wear a dress from 27 years ago but she is an athlete and lives on a working farm so she has had and maintained the most amazing and healthy figure of any royal woman.

That being said: She looked awful in the dress at Lady Rose's wedding because the dress hasn't remained quite as opaque. Silk doesn't hold up and deterioates...and the dress looks limp where the ruffles should look perky.

The hat was beyond awful. It looked like a Range Rover had run over it and they tried to fluff it out. Fresh hats and headwear is a must.

All in all, Princess Anne is a sensible woman which is always refreshing.
She never looked more elegant and beautiful than her 50th birthday portrait.
Oh, and let's hope the dress doesn't bring the newly married couple the same bad luck as Charles and Diana!

I've just fund out, that hello! magazine has interviewed Anne about 20 years ago...does someone know if it is somewhere in the internet so one could read it?

Pics 2.8.2008

Princess Anne in a great mood (see pic 2-4 :)) on day 2
of the British Festival of Eventing, Horse Trials, Gatcombe Park,
Gloucestershire, Britain - 02 Aug 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

She is so beautiful when she smiles! I wish we could see her do more of it.

Pics 2.+ 3.8.2008

That's so true, kimebear...

Here are some more pics of Anne at the weekend, one including Tim
as well, I wonder what kind of secrets she told via her mobile phone ;)

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures iceflower! Anne's got sense, she knew to cover her mouth so the media couldn't get a lip reader in! :D

Lol - good explanation for that :D And you are most welcome!

Here are pics from yesterday: The Princess Royal and her husband Tim
Laurence during the presentation ceremony at The Festival of British
Eventing at Gatcombe Park, August 3, 2008
and two funny pics, Anne demonstrating something ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Anne is back! ;):)

Princess Anne leaves the plane carrying the Great Britain Olympic team at
Heathrow Airport after returning from the Olympic Games in Beijing China,
August 25, 2008:

Princess Anne riding in Gloucestershire, Britain - 29 Aug 2008

The first pic is very nice, on the second one it looks like she
was wondering how to come back down ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pic 31.8.2008

Princess Anne staking out traffic lane posts in the pouring rain
at The Gatcombe Horse Trials, Gatcombe Park, Gloucestershire,
Britain - 31 August 2008

-----> Pic

That woman can do anything! Not even a little weather stops her! What a woman! :flowers:
Thanks Ice!

Princess Anne riding in Gloucestershire, Britain - 29 Aug 2008

The first pic is very nice, on the second one it looks like she
was wondering how to come back down ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

My goodness, she's smiling at the camera! That must have been a mistake.;)

Just checking to make sure the horse is sound. It may have been limping.

My goodness, she's smiling at the camera! That must have been a mistake.;)
And she has a beautiful smile -- she should certainly do it more often. She even looks almost pretty. Maybe it is that we don't see her hair style. I would love to have her go to a "make over" stylist and have a really pretty style done. I know she would look remarkable.

Could not agree more that smiley Anne looks lovely in the pictures in posts 51 & 52! Its amazing what a smile can achieve - one would hope to se more pictures of her smiling.

And yes, as somebody suggested, a makeover of sorts for Anne would not go amiss!

I would love to have her go to a "make over" stylist and have a really pretty style done. I know she would look remarkable.
She's a pretty no-nonsense kinda gal (which is why I like her) she may not have the patience for a make over. . . . :rolleyes:

And she has a beautiful smile -- she should certainly do it more often. She even looks almost pretty. Maybe it is that we don't see her hair style. I would love to have her go to a "make over" stylist and have a really pretty style done. I know she would look remarkable.
Anne would soon sort out the likes of Trinny and Susannah. :ROFLMAO:

Anne knows what she likes and what she is comfortable in, it may not be what others like, but that is what self confidence does for you!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom