Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She did not say equestrians should eat horse meat. She just pointed the money generated by selling a horse for it's meat could fund better horse care near the end of its life.

There are people who will buy horse meat. But she is not trying to force anyone to eat anything.

If you have travelled in Europe and eaten in restaurants you most likely have eaten horse meat.

Go read the article - she's certainly more eloquent that I am about it. What do you care anyway if you don't have to eat it. Silly idea.

Read the article and HRH was no more eloquent than you were! What do I care? Not a question I feel you are entitled to ask, but seeing as you did, I would say that I eat meat and care about where it comes from and therefore feel obliged to comment on matters affecting the health and welfare of animals. I still don't understand - nor have I had it explained -how creating a horsemeat trade in the UK will improve on the overall care of horses. Could AdmirerUS or the Princess Royal assist?
I'm off for a crocodile burger.....................

Read the article and HRH was no more eloquent than you were! What do I care? Not a question I feel you are entitled to ask, but seeing as you did, I would say that I eat meat and care about where it comes from and therefore feel obliged to comment on matters affecting the health and welfare of animals. I still don't understand - nor have I had it explained -how creating a horsemeat trade in the UK will improve on the overall care of horses. Could AdmirerUS or the Princess Royal assist?
I'm off for a crocodile burger.....................

OK, have it your way. Anne is blithering mad and has not put thought into this. Clearly she does not care about horses. And as a royal, how dare she ever state her opinion? Does that make you feel better?

My dad was just in England, Spain and Switzerland on business and he didn't say anything about horse meat.

Just because he didn't say anything doesn't mean he didn't eat it - as some other food, especially in 'stew' type dishes.

I found Anne's comment rather strange, particularly as she likes horses, but I can sort of understand where her "it will give horses a better life" point (it was something along those lines) is coming from - if you're breeding an animal for food then you'd give it a good diet and living area. There are some horses in the UK that are badly treated.

I think it would take Britons awhile to get used to horse meat if Anne's idea was introduced, because it's not our tradition/custom. I would imagine that most people from France, Belgium (IIRC) and Italy would get used to the idea as horse meat is eaten in those countries. Another reason is that some people from the UK might be put off by eating horse meat since the horse meat scandal which occurred earlier this year.

Last edited:

Princess Anne and husband Tim attended the 57th Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury Racecouse, Newbury, Berkshire, today, November 30.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Video:
Soldiers of the Household Cavalry mark the Regiment's sixth and final return from Afghanistan by marching through the streets of Windsor. Once the Regiment returned to Combermere Barracks HRH The Princess Royal awarded medals to those returning from the latest deployment and addressed the Regiment-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Princess Royal officially unveiled a key Olympic Legacy project in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. The centre has been set up to commemorate the hosting of the Equestrian events at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games at Greenwich Park, and is a brand new state of the art facility providing courses, training and skills in Equine care for local people-
Home - ITNSource News

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess Anne at the Household Cavalry Regiment Medals Parade and Freedom March in Windsor on December 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

And at the official opening of the new equestrian centre in the Royal Borough of Greenwich today, December 5:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I was in the drugstore today and I came across a magazine which was the royals' year in review, and in it was a picture of Anne playing the Wii! I got a chuckle out of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom