Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday, July 23, Princess Anne was in West Yorkshire to open the newly renovated Underground Tour and Roadways at the National Coal Mining Museum and to visit the Anaerobic Digestion Unit at Clayton Hill Farm in Wakefield. She opened the Candy Makers in Beeston, Leeds and attended the Herriot Hospice Homecare 21st Anniversary Garden Party at Eelmire, Masham, North Yorkshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk: Sweet treat for Princess Anne in Leeds **

** examiner.co.uk: Princess Anne answers questions on the Duchess of Cambridge's baby while visiting National Coal Mining Museum **

Princess Anne paid a visit to Lincolnshire, yesterday, July 24. She visited Hykeham Sailability Club in Linclon on the occasion of its 5th anniversary and attended a Service of Dedication for the Puritan Path Tourism Project at St. Botolph's Church in Boston.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** thisislincolnshire.co.uk: Princess Anne in Boston **

** thisislincolnshire.co.uk: Princess Anne visits Lincolnshire **

** lincolnshireecho.co.uk: HRH Princess Anne visits Hykeham Sailability Club **

** bostonstandard.co.uk: VIDEO: Princess Anne visits Boston’s historic new pathway **

Got to admire Anne for doing engagements like that, not that many other members of the Royal Family would.

Got to admire Anne for doing engagements like that, not that many other members of the Royal Family would.

I'm sorry but if Prince Charles was asked to open the centre I'm pretty sure he'd turn up as well.

Would he be asked in the first place though?

My comment was a throw away light hearted comment and there is no need to make a fuss about it. It refelcts MY OWN OPINION that Anne is willing to do visits to a number of places not traditioanlly associated with Royals (for example the numerous visits to prisons she makes on behealf of the Butler Trust).

My comment was a throw away light hearted comment and there is no need to make a fuss about it. It refelcts MY OWN OPINION that Anne is willing to do visits to a number of places not traditioanlly associated with Royals (for example the numerous visits to prisons she makes on behealf of the Butler Trust).

You would be amazed how little it takes to cause a fuss re: ANYTHING that could be construed as less than glowing about Charles.

I don't know much about ladies fashion but Anne dress as if she's at least in her 70's or 80's. She's a pretty fit lady and I think when it comes down to some of her outfits, she needs to think again.

Without turning this into a fashion page, I have to agree, as much as I like Anne she isn't teh best desser in the Royal Family (or any family) but then again its not what she is about. Wearing clothes from 30 years ago is just part of who she is.

Just how big are their wardrobes? - they must take up rooms!

Put away a coat which costs £1500+ and bring out again 20 years later. Seen twice in 20 odd years (this is not an exact example but gives the gist).

Is that frugal?

It seems like Anne just had her birthday, and she's coming up on another one!

I remember when the Queen was being shown round an exhibition of her clothes at Buckingham Palace before the summer oprning she commented something along the lines of "well one of the wardrobes somewhere must be empty" I know Anne is not the Queen but I imagine all the royal ladies to have massive wardrobes the size of rooms.
If she really only wears an item once or twice then no I suppose its not frugal but I rather suspect she wears them more than that whether its in private when we don't see or in public and just not picked up by the media.

How many women could still fit into the same dresses they wore 20-30 yrs ago? Most would have tossed them out years ago simply because they dont fit anymore.

How many women could still fit into the same dresses they wore 20-30 yrs ago? Most would have tossed them out years ago simply because they dont fit anymore.

Really? Every year on my Anniversary I model my wedding dress of 23 years ago to my 11 yeAr old daughter. It's. silly little tradition that I think she likes because the second part is he trying it on to model downstairs for daddy. I have riding breeches 25 years old too

Good for you, although I do believe you and Anne are in the minority when it comes to still being able to fit into clothes you wore 20-30 yrs ago.

Unfortunately, Anne often wears the same styles from that time. She is a great lady and has done much, but don't tout her fashion, not that that is important. Her hair is a nightmare, she needs makeup and her clothes, although, some recently were much better, need a stylist, since she can afford that kind of stuff. She has chosen to look like yesterdays leftovers, she could do anything. She is not a good looking woman, but she must have something, she has had two husbands and several suitors. On the other hand, she is the queen's daughter.

Unfortunately, Anne often wears the same styles from that time. She is a great lady and has done much, but don't tout her fashion, not that that is important. Her hair is a nightmare, she needs makeup and her clothes, although, some recently were much better, need a stylist, since she can afford that kind of stuff. She has chosen to look like yesterdays leftovers, she could do anything.

Please stop imposing your silly fashion standards on Princess Anne. There are far more jobless royal women out there who will sufficiently entertain you with tonnes of make-up/stylists/designers/hair-dos..
Anne has far more meaningful things to do and she will probably stay in history as the most active daughter of a British monarch (or in fact any monarch) ever..
These fashions/jewels have always been there, and will always be there..nothing..absolutely nothing big..

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Anne often wears the same styles from that time. She is a great lady and has done much, but don't tout her fashion, not that that is important. Her hair is a nightmare, she needs makeup and her clothes, although, some recently were much better, need a stylist, since she can afford that kind of stuff. She has chosen to look like yesterdays leftovers, she could do anything. She is not a good looking woman, but she must have something, she has had two husbands and several suitors. On the other hand, she is the queen's daughter.

This is something I've always admired about Anne. She has never bowed to the public's perception of what a princess ought to be. Anne dresses to please herself, if only more women and girls would do the same than maybe our society would have less of a problem with body image. I think she can look very striking, especially when she smiles or laughs.

There isn't actually that much to gain in terms of rank or fame by marrying the Queen's daughter, so I think her relation to monarch would have played a very small role in attracting any suitors.

Some looks always remain classics. I think, for example, that Catherine's look is very Jacqueline Kennedy. Unfortunately, Annes fashion taste is not Jaqueline Kennedy esque!:flowers:

This is something I've always admired about Anne. She has never bowed to the public's perception of what a princess ought to be. Anne dresses to please herself, if only more women and girls would do the same than maybe our society would have less of a problem with body image. I think she can look very striking, especially when she smiles or laughs.

I couldn't agree more. In the words of Taylor Swift, "You've got a smile that could light up this whole town".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom