Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the British media will give this tour some notice.

I thought this visit to Africa was a working visit for her role as president of the Commonwealth Agricultural Society as opposed to a Jubilee visit.

NGalitzine said:
I thought this visit to Africa was a working visit for her role as president of the Commonwealth Agricultural Society as opposed to a Jubilee visit.

According to the engagements list, it's for both reasons.

I've got a book on her on hold at the library. It's the only book about her they have, and it's the only copy too! It was written in 1987, when she became Princess Royal. It's called Anne: The Working Princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked both the Royal homepages and the Zambia newspapers. Nothing beyond Anne's arrival and a visit she made to Kenneth Kaunda. :( Not even a latest Royal Image at royal.gov.uk.

Her engagements in Zambia have been mentioned in the court circular, all have been in her capacity as President of the Royal Agricultural Society of the Commonwealth.

Last edited:
Zambia does have quite a bit of things happening just now. I just hoped for any coverage. With the funeral of the former first lady, I understand why not.

BUCKINGHAM PALACE: The Princess Royal, President, Royal Agricultural Society of the Commonwealth, this morning attended the Annual Conference at the Royal Livingstone Hotel, Mosi-Oa-Tunya Road, Livingstone, Zambia.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon visited Livingstone War Memorial and laid a wreath.

The Princess Royal, President, Royal Agricultural Society of the Commonwealth, later attended the Annual Conference at the Royal Livingstone Hotel.

Her Royal Highness, President, Royal Agricultural Society of the Commonwealth, this evening attended a Conference Dinner at the Royal Livingstone Hotel.

I don't think a trip focusing on agriculture will bring much coverage.

Agriculture is not that dull. It keeps people from starving. And I tend to ask, why would the Zambian press not snap a photo or two? Zambia is about the size of Texas in the US. Zambia has half the population of Texas. I bet if Anne visited Texas to talk about cows and feed crops some paper would take her picture. Yes, I know, different cultures and different countries.

Nice job PssKatie! She stepped into a tough situation with the funeral upcoming. Lovely outfit - I love the pearl set and she has added a golden brooch. THANKS!

AdmirerUS said:
Nice job PssKatie! She stepped into a tough situation with the funeral upcoming. Lovely outfit - I love the pearl set and she has added a golden brooch. THANKS!

Love the beige dress with the pink floral pattern! Pink always looks good on an older woman like Anne. I don't like the hat, though. I think it's too big and out of proportion to her head. Also it's kind of lopsided.

Last edited:
Reg. investitures..

Are Prince of Wales and Princess Royal the only ones who carry out investitures? Do the last two also do it?
And are investitures done onlly by "blood royals"? Or spouses (QM/DoE/Diana) do/did them?
Guess its nt the right thread..But can sm1 help?

Are Prince of Wales and Princess Royal the only ones who carry out investitures? Do the last two also do it?
And are investitures done onlly by "blood royals"? Or spouses (QM/DoE/Diana) do/did them?
Guess its nt the right thread..But can sm1 help?

The Queen, POW and Princess Royal split these duties.

Learn more at Investitures

The TV documentary THE QUEEN also had a nice segment on investiture

Yesterday, October 8, Princess Anne has opened the Killin Street Combined Cadet Detachment Centre in Glasgow.

** Pic ** Source **

Princess Anne just screams intelligence and professionalism, not to mention radiance! She has Anne-swers for everything!

Last edited:
The book on Princess Anne that I had on hold at the library finally came in! It's called "Anne: The Working Princess". It's out of date, since it was written in 1987. I love the picture of her that's on the front cover!

Attachments

• image-1913823157.jpg
    image-1913823157.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Princess Anne today in Angus, in a lovely green...One of many stops - busy day.;)
Princess Anne presents awards to businesses during visit to Angus | Dundee & Tayside | STV News\

Later at Mackays jams (a favorite, but hard to find here in the states). The ever practical Princess Royal is chiding humorously about something that is late. She also has hooked the strap of her bag behind her brooch so it will not slip. I just love this woman!
http://www.arbroathherald.co.uk/news/local-headlines/video-princess-royal-visits-mackays-1-2582261

Tweeners, at Carnoustie, at the War Memorial where two memorial plaques from WWI were unveiled : http://www.guideandgazette.co.uk/ne...deo-princess-anne-visits-carnoustie-1-2582330

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom