Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Anne looked really beautiful and elegant, definitely the best outfit I've seen her in lately.

Nice to see Tim Lawrence with her.

He seems to be attending more and more events with the Princess since his retirement from the Navy (which would make sense).

I'd love to see a pic of the necklace. Anyone have a pic of it. Thanks:flowers:

How little Anne found her sea legs aged three: Delightful picture shows Princess at the helm of her toy boat in 1953
She may have been just three and at the helm of a toy boat, but the same wistful gaze to the horizon is plain to see. As this picture taken in 1953 shows, Princess Anne’s love of sailing began at a young age. Earlier this week, the Daily Mail revealed the princess is indulging her passion for all things nautical by splashing out £500,000 on a bespoke yacht.
- The picture of little Anne at the helm of her toy boat

Looked at the DM article and priceless error!

Caption attached to picture of PA sailing:
"Keen sailor: Princess Anne has always loved sailing, competing in various races including the British Steel Challenge in 1992 (pictured). She also won the 1971 European Eventing Championship in her recently sold boat"

Would have loved to see her yacht doing the dressage stage! :lol:

Looked at the DM article and priceless error!

Caption attached to picture of PA sailing:
"Keen sailor: Princess Anne has always loved sailing, competing in various races including the British Steel Challenge in 1992 (pictured). She also won the 1971 European Eventing Championship in her recently sold boat"

Would have loved to see her yacht doing the dressage stage! :lol:

I would have preferred to see her horse sailing in a race!

Whoops! I just nearly killed Princess Anne... and got a right earbashing in return! Champion jockey Clare Balding on the moment she narrowly avoided knocking her royal rival off her horse
Relations between me and Princess Anne had got off to an unfortunate start even before we rode against each other on that mortifying August afternoon in 1989. Then 18, I was competing in only my second season as an amateur jockey and we were about to take part in a Ladies Handicap race at Beverley in East Yorkshire. As was usual whenever the Princess was present, the ladies’ changing rooms had received a hasty makeover, but she changed alongside us and did not expect any special treatment.

So if I curtsied to Princess Anne and called her "Your Royal Highness", she would say "Don't be ridiculous"? Because that's exactly what I would do if I were to meet her.

So if I curtsied to Princess Anne and called her "Your Royal Highness", she would say "Don't be ridiculous"? Because that's exactly what I would do if I were to meet her.

I believe it would entirely depend upon context. She'd probably be very gracious if you did that while she was at a royal engagement, but probably would find it inappropriate if you approached her in a public restroom and curtsied.

A changing room probably isn't the best place for observing formalities and introducing oneself :)

HRHHermione said:
I believe it would entirely depend upon context. She'd probably be very gracious if you did that while she was at a royal engagement, but probably would find it inappropriate if you approached her in a public restroom and curtsied.

A changing room probably isn't the best place for observing formalities and introducing oneself :)

I see your point!

Princess Anne's Favorite Teddy Bear

This happened a couple of months ago:

Princess Anne’s favourite teddy loses fight with her dog | UK News | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

"She is admired for her devotion to duty rather than her sensitivity. Yet now the 61-year-old royal has shown her softer side by being left “mortified” when her dogs got hold of her most treasured possession, a threadbare teddy bear given to her by her mother when she was two. A source said: “The Queen gave Anne the cuddly toy when she acceded the throne in 1952 and the Princess has treasured it ever since."

How sweet! My heart just melted when I read this! To be 62 and be so emotionally attached to something you've had since you were 18 months old? I love it that Anne still has that inner child in her.

The goddess of the green... or the fat slag (heap)? Divisive 1,300ft woman landscape sculpture seen from the ground for first time | Mail Online

"Variously nicknamed Big Bird, Jordan and even ‘Slag Alice’, she hasn’t quite convinced the locals yet. But the designers behind Northumberlandia, an enormous sculpture of a naked woman carved into the landscape from the waste of a former coalmine, hope tourists will be rather more enthusiastic when it opens to the public tomorrow. The 1,300ft artwork at Cramlington, also known officially as the Lady of the North, is the largest of its kind in the world. Taller than an eight-storey building at its highest point, it cost £3million and took two years to build."

My mom told me this morning that Princess Anne is a hands-on kind of girl; she'd rather be out doing things than sitting at a desk all day. She's also not seeking too much attention and being hounded by the press like Diana. She's very smart! I think that's what I like about her; not to mention that she's a real sweetie to boot! And just look at those eyes in the picture of her at the lectern!

Last edited:
You can hardly justify the sentence 'sitting at a desk all day like her mother'. The Queen, at 86, has to be one of the hardest working monarchs I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

On September 11 Princess Anne attended a Thanksgiving Service and reception to mark The Queen's Diamond Jubilee in Melrose Parish Church, Melrose and as Patron of the Jubilee Woods Project later visited the Glen, Innerleithen, Peeblesshire, to mark the planting of the Diamond Wood.

** bordertelegraph.com: A day fit for Royalty in the Borders **

** stmarysmelrose.org.uk: St. Mary's Pupils meet Princess Anne **

** woodlandtrust.presscentre.com: Royal seal of approval for Diamond Wood in the Borders **

Nice photos - she is surprisingly fit for a woman of her age and "employment." She also very at ease on these single engagements. I find more and more about her that I like. She is not at all how she has been represented in the US press.

Not that she gives a hoot what I think - and that's all to the better, as well. :lol:

AdmirerUS said:
Nice photos - she is surprisingly fit for a woman of her age and "employment." She also very at ease on these single engagements. I find more and more about her that I like. She is not at all how she has been represented in the US press.

Not that she gives a hoot what I think - and that's all to the better, as well. :lol:

62 years old and still wears a size 10 - Now there's a woman! She's beautiful and funny and intelligent and tough and she's smart enough to avoid being sucked into the press. She and I are a lot alike!

sarahedwards2 said:
62 years old and still wears a size 10 - Now there's a woman! She's beautiful and funny and intelligent and tough and she's smart enough to avoid being sucked into the press. She and I are a lot alike!

She's not smart enough, the press don't bother with Anne because she's not that interesting. I don't see how you can tell she's a size 10 exactly?

Lumutqueen said:
She's not smart enough, the press don't bother with Anne because she's not that interesting. I don't see how you can tell she's a size 10 exactly?

It was in an article I read about her. And she IS interesting!

sarahedwards2 said:
It was in an article I read about her. And she IS interesting!

To a press who just printed topless pictures of The Duchess of Cambridge, Anne is not interesting. She does what she's meant to as a royal and doesn't make a show of herself.

Interesting as a person and interesting as a celebrity are different things entirely. The paps may not love Anne, but her charities do, and her family does - Zara once said that she hoped to be as good a mother to her children as her mother was to her, which is the highest praise a daughter can give. Anne's never been one to cuddle strange children like Diana would, which made her seem cold in comparison, but that is because she is old-school and maintains a public reserve while, by all accounts, being perfectly demonstrative and loving as a parent in private. I'd believe that she's a size 10 - her steady weight, without fluctuations, is testified to by her photographed history. This demonstrates a healthy lifestyle.

The press certainly tried to bother Anne when she was younger, but her constant character, her lack of surprises, led to a dearth of material, thus they let her go. But was this because she was boring, or was it because she decided to paint her public character as boring to the press so that she'd be left alone? Given that she insisted her husband not be given a title, doing her best to raise her children, not as royal grandchildren, but as normal children whose granny happens to be Queen, I say the latter. A boring royal sheep would have allowed convention to rule and her husband to be titled, so her children could be Viscount and Lady. Anne is a woman of opinions, and the rest of the world can, I quote the lady herself, "naff off."

She doesn't have to curtsy. Also if she's a patient at the hospice (I currently can't watch the video so I don't know), she maybe too ill to do so.

Lumutqueen said:
She doesn't have to curtsy. Also if she's a patient at the hospice (I currently can't watch the video so I don't know), she maybe too ill to do so.

Her dad's a patient; he has terminal cancer and has months to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom