Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea who she knighted?
The man in that picture is Jonathan Ive, Senior Vice President, Industrial Design, of Apple. He was knighted.
The Princess Royal also invested:

- Sir Peter Bazalgette (Knighthood)

- Mark Newson (CBE)
- Gerald Ronson (CBE)

- Fiona Jeffery (OBE)
- Wing Commander Jeremy Attridge, The Royal Air Force (OBE)

- Jeannette Orrey (MBE)
- Geoffrey Vernon (MBE)

- Janet Finch (MBE)
- Major Wesley Hughes, The Royal Gurkha Rifles (MBE)
- Neil Robinson, National Coach of Paralympics GB Table Tennis Team (MBE)

- Constable Geeta Lota from West Yorkshire Police (Queen's Police Medal)

Anne looks great and seems in a happy mood.

(Notice who's right behind her?
Her BFF, Andrew Parker-Bowles!)

I love that nautical windbreaker on her, but, my, she does rock a uniform! I love that rear shot of her waving to the cruise ship. Thanks for all the photos, Iceflower.

I love that nautical windbreaker on her, but, my, she does rock a uniform! I love that rear shot of her waving to the cruise ship. Thanks for all the photos, Iceflower.

Anne has always had a staturesque, regal air about her and it really shows when she wears a uniform. Something floaty and in taffeta just isn't Anne.

Exactly, Osipi, Anne has that regal and dignified air about her that so suits a uniform. She seems more at home in military garb than in dainty, frilly outfits.

I find her far more authentic in uniform. She has a regal and no-nonsense aura that fits perfectly with military garb.

I'm always amused when people compliment Anne so highly when she wears a military uniform, but others degrade Edward so much for doing the exact same.

I've never degraded Edward at all in his military uniform, nor ever would. From a fashion standpoint, Anne excels in this look; I'm not getting into the whys and wherefores of should or should she not wear a uniform, and the same goes for Edward. I do think he looks dapper in uniform, but doesn't have his sister's air and presence.

Last edited:
I'm always amused when people compliment Anne so highly when she wears a military uniform, but others degrade Edward so much for doing the exact same.

I was basically commenting on how the cut of a military uniform suits Anne so well not the fact that she does or does not wear one. It would be like commenting on how the cut of a military uniform suits Edward and his demeanor and have nothing to do with whether or not he should wear one.

Some people just look horrid in a uniform while others wear them perfectly.

Ladies, I never pointed the finger at anyway. I said 'people' and 'others'.

Me too. :D

Princess Anne Unveils Cross in Sedgefield
Princess Anne unveiled a cross on the green in Sedgefield, County Durham, on Wednesday (11.07.12) to celebrate the town's 700 years. The Princess Royal braved the rain along with hundreds of locals to unveil the statue, erected for the town's 700th anniversary.

Princess Anne has attended a Household Cavalry Book Launch at Grosvenor House in London on July 18, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

^^true. It's one of the most elegant outfits I've seen on her

I'd have liked to see her in entirely the rose pink; what a beautiful color on her.

Princess Anne looks nice and seems to follow her mother, the queen with wearing those matching gloves.

I like the olympic rings necklace Anne is wearing. I really have no idea if just anyone can wear the Olympic logo, but perhaps the necklace was given to Anne for all her hard work she's put into the Olympic games over the years on the IOC committee?

I'm really hoping these games in London reflect all the hard work she's put into making it all a possibility.

:previous:
Princess Anne is a member of IOC and President of British Olympic Association, so I daresay she's more than entitled to wear the lovely necklace. :)

:previous:
Princess Anne is a member of IOC and President of British Olympic Association, so I daresay she's more than entitled to wear the lovely necklace. :)

Oh I agree 100%! What ever Anne takes on, she works hard at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom