Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a truly wonderful event, I am so glad it was The Princess Royal who re-named the town.

AWESOME picture Liam! And a worthy cause that you have there as well! :flowers:

Princess Anne attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace on October 18, 2011.

** Pic **

Today, November 3rd, the Princess Royal attended another Investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle:

** Pic **

Princess Anne has attended the Women of the Future Awards ceremony and dinner at the Marriott
hotel in London yesterday, November 16. The award honours young female talent across business,
the professions, voluntary, the arts, media, science and technology sectors.

** Pic **

That is a very brightly coloured jacket on Anne, I do quite like it. :)

On a side note, is it only Charles and Anne who do the Investitures, along with the Queen obviously. Have Andrew or Edward ever done it or are they unable to?

I like the color, but not the shiny material.

The shiny material I could pass on, but I do like the brightness. Though I imagine the outfit is from the 80's, so it was perhaps high fashion at the time. I do love how Anne recycles clothes from different decades.

Nice to see some photographs of Princess Anne again. It is quite a bold jacket for Anne but then again it still suits her perfectly.

Last edited:
The shiny material I could pass on, but I do like the brightness. Though I imagine the outfit is from the 80's, so it was perhaps high fashion at the time. I do love how Anne recycles clothes from different decades.

Yes, just call them vintage! :lol:

Hummmm...if the teal colored suit is from the '80s, it might have been restyled. The shoulder pads are no where near big enough for that era. Anne can wear the shiny when it is tailored. She looks great!

On a side note, is it only Charles and Anne who do the Investitures, along with the Queen obviously. Have Andrew or Edward ever done it or are they unable to?

I can't remember ever having seen Andrew or Edward, the official website also only mentions Anne and Charles:

The Queen usually conducts the Investitures, although The Prince of Wales and The Princess Royal also hold some Investitures on behalf of Her Majesty (included in the total number)
(source)

Today, November 26, Princess Anne has attended the 55th Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury Racecourse, Newbury, Berkshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

The Princess Royal looks terrific, love the suit and the hat is wonderful. IMO one of her best looks ever. :flowers:

Apart from the hairdo she looks very very nice.
Elegant dress and colourful lipstick. :flowers:

^^ In the first she looks a lot like her mother

On December 14, Princess Anne attended several events in Bristol.
She opened the new school building at St. Mary Redcliffe and Temple Church of England Voluntary
Aided School, she opened M Shed and a new Alabaré Home for Veterans and later also opened
Chescombe Lodge to mark the 20th anniversary of Chescombe Trust.

** Pic **

** thisisbristol.co.uk: Princess Anne pays a visit to Bristol **

** cobseo.org.uk: HRH The Princess Royal Praises Alabaré’s Work with Veterans **

Princess Anne is attending The BBC Sports Personality of Year Awards at MediaCityUK, Salford tonight. Just over 2 miles from The Lowry where Anne attended the Royal Variety Performance.

She presented the lifetime achievement award to Sir Steve Redgrave. It's the first time I have heard the Princess speak for a significant period of time and she does sound rather like her mother to me.

Last edited:
:previous:

Here are two pics of Princess Anne at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards ceremony:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Kudos on the economy of it, but what a shame not to have a sea view. I would find that quite claustrophobic and would opt not to go or wait until I could afford the sea view!

I can understand how she felt, though, if she arrived late at night and left early in the morning and couldn't avail herself of the view during the daytime. Why waste money on a view you couldn't see? She's such a practical princess!!

Last edited:
Perhaps she was hoping for a complimentary upgrade?

Fair play to Anne, that is a good choice. If you aren't there to appreciate the view, why pay for it? I do like Anne and Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom