Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Express Comment :: Anne's horseplay with Camilla's ex

The Princess Royal may be less ecstatic than expected about the imminent retirement of her husband, Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence, who I can disclose is leaving his desk job at the Ministry of Defence after 30 years in the Royal Navy.

It means Laurence, 55, to whom the Princess has been married for 17 years, will be spending more time at the couple’s Gloucestershire home, Gatcombe Park, which may provide less opportunity to maintain her close friendship with Andrew Parker Bowles, who is now alone following the death from cancer five months ago of his second wife Rosemary.

I'm quite shocked but excited by that article. Evidently the press likes to add to stories. But i must admit that i have seen more pictures of Anne and Parker-Bowles than i have her and Laurence. It will be interesting to see if anything arises from it.

Also, an i dreaming or is it the Princess' 60th birthday this August?

Princess Anne has been in Germany today, June 18!

In Mönchengladbach (western Germany) she attended a farewell
ceremony for around 1000 soldiers. The headquarters of the Rapid
Reaction Force of the NATO will move from the base of the British
forces in Mönchengladbach to Innsworth/Gloucestershire in Britain.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I'm quite shocked but excited by that article. Evidently the press likes to add to stories. But i must admit that i have seen more pictures of Anne and Parker-Bowles than i have her and Laurence. It will be interesting to see if anything arises from it.

Also, an i dreaming or is it the Princess' 60th birthday this August?

You are not dreaming - she will be 60 this August.

The Daily Mail has opted to go farther than the veiled implications of the Express:

Royal merry-go-round: Is Princess Anne back with Camilla's ex again? | Mail Online

Defying the rumour-mongers, Princess Anne was back at the side of her old flame Brigadier Andrew Parker Bowles this week.

Given that their close friendship has endured many obstacles in both their lives, can an affair possibly be on again?

And can it be true that Admiral Laurence, due for retirement soon from the Royal navy, has been seeking another job in the Ministry of Defence so he can discreetly keep away from the marital home?

And, of course, there are a couple of pictures of Princess Anne where she appears to be absolutely glowing.;) Of course, if the allegations are untrue, it's a shame that this sort of article sees the light of day.

The Daily Mail has opted to go farther than the veiled implications of the Express:

Thats a very big leap to assume that Admiral Laurence, is actually keeping away from the marital home so Anne can have an affair.
The Parker-Bowles are real royal heart shatterers, aren't they.

Bah is this really newsworthy? I mean it's not a secret that this love quator (Andrew, Anne, Camilla and Charles) last from the late 70's . It's an old "family affair", quite annoying for some royal eyes back then (that's why some weddings were appropriately arranged by the way:whistling:). The 2005 wedding, the presence of the DOC at the Andrew's wife memorial and some other events show that these well educated people are good friends, at ease with each others and totally decomplexed.

Bah is this really newsworthy? I mean it's not a secret that this love quator (Andrew, Anne, Camilla and Charles) last from the late 70's . It's an old "family affair", quite annoying for some royal eyes back then (that's why some weddings were appropriately arranged by the way:whistling:). The 2005 wedding, the presence of the DOC at the Andrew's wife memorial and some other events show that these well educated people are good friends, at ease with each others and totally decomplexed.

Well last time I checked, a human had a will on one's own. So if you don't think it newsworthy, then why are you bothering with reading and even commenting?

Well last time I checked, a human had a will on one's own. So if you don't think it newsworthy, then why are you bothering with reading and even commenting?

Dear it was not directed to you, it was a general remark about the looong Windsor/PKB story...(and the faint surprise from the Mail to discover it)

Dear it was not directed to you, it was a general remark about the looong Windsor/PKB story...(and the faint surprise from the Mail to discover it)

Don't worry, I didn't take it as an attac against me. But I still hold my view: Why read it, if it doesn't interest you or don't consider ist important?

Don't worry, I didn't take it as an attac against me. But I still hold my view: Why read it, if it doesn't interest you or don't consider ist important?

Bah i did consider it non important, after reading it ... But it was interesting! In a daily mailish royal news way ;) ; )

The only thing that's changed is that Andrew Parker-Bowles is now a widower. Amazing how much of this story is the same as the one that came out after Ascot!

Last edited by a moderator:
If Andrew Parker-Bowles had been serious about Anne in the '70s, he would have converted to the Church of England just like Autumn Kelly did to marry Peter Phillips. So I doubt they would have gotten together back then even if his religion had been an issue.

Now, of course, it's all a mess because Anne has a husband who is stuck in the middle. I feel sorry for Tim Laurence. Even if his wife isn't fooling around, he really seems to be caught in a bad situation.

AND Princess Anne looked lovely every day at Ascot this year

The Princess Royal attended a garden party at Buckingham Palace in
London in honour of her 60th birthday (August 15) on July 1st, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Wow that's one birthday outfit.
She's celebrating her birthday early.

Were any of her children attending the party? Do we know who was invited?

I wonder if she is celebrating it early because she'll be in Singapore for her actual birthday at the Summer Youth Olympics, which will be 14th-26th August.

I guess it's been more one of the usual garden parties the Royal
Family offers each summer. Members of various organizations of
the British society are invited, so in this particular case I think
people from organizations Princess Anne is related with (by
patronages for example) have been invited and her birthday has
been the motto. Therefore I also doubt that Zara or Peter attended.

Today, Princess Anne was present at an investiture ceremony at
Buckingham Palace, London, July 2nd 2010

** Pic ** belga gallery **

..and attended day 3 of the Henley Royal Regatta 2010 held on the
River Thames at Henley Buckinghamshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** article: Royal visit for Regatta **

Zara was being entertained by Mrs Beckham. As Range Rover supports both Zara and her mother's horse businesses, I sure The Princess would have felt most pleased by Zara being close. I'm sure Mr Peter keeps in close contact with his mother.

Zara Phillips - latest news and videos

Anne looked lovely in the pictures at Henley.

And so she did again :)

The Princess Royal as Colonel of The Blues and Royals (Royal Horse Guards
and 1st Dragoons) attended a Household Cavalry Welcome Home Parade
and Service of Thanksgiving, Combermere Barracks, Windsor, Berkshire,
July 3rd, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom