Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 13.10.2009

The Princess Royal makes an official visit to Donaldson's
School on October 13, 2009 in Linlithgow, Scotland.

I wonder what exactly had happened with the little girl
in pic 2, the laughter in pic 1 seems to be a result of
it as well - it looks quite funny.. :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

The Princess Royal has joined survivors of one of the darkest days in the history of British warfare to lay wreaths on the water at the scene.
HMS Royal Oak was torpedoed by a German U-boat at its base at Scapa Flow, in Orkney, on 14 October 1939.
It sank with the loss of 833 lives, while almost 400 crew were saved.

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | North East/N Isles | Princess lays battleship wreath

Pics 19.10.2009

Lovely pics of Anne today:

The Princess Royal visiting Lyneham Primary School in
Wiltshire, UK, on the 19th October 2009.

The gallery is worth being looked at, there are more
great shots of Anne :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

On Wednesday, October 22nd, Princess Anne opened Highbury Campus
at Highbury College in Portsmouth, Hampshire. The award-winning college
provides vocational and applied academic courses from entry through to
university level.

---> Pic

Pic 17.11.2009

Princess Anne opened the East Stand at Sixways Stadium, Warriors
Way, Hindlip, Worcester, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-
Lieutenant of Worcestershire, November 17, 2009.

-------> Pic

The Pony Club's new offices at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire are being officially opened today (17 November) by the Princess Royal.

Staff moved into the new offices early this year, which marks the Pony Club's 80th anniversary.

Princess Royal bows out as Pony Club president - Equestrian news, equine news, horse news - Horse & Hound

-----------------------------------

Not being a horse person, the first time I heard of Horse and Hound was in Nottinghill with Julia Robert and Hugh Grant. I had no idea it was a real magazine!

Mandrake can disclose that the Queen's daughter, who is currently a rear-admiral, is to be promoted to her husband's rank next month.

"The Princess Royal has been hugely supportive of the Royal Navy and has done a lot of work for the Services over many years," a Navy spokesman informs me. "This promotion recognises her contribution."

Why the Princess Royal won't need to look up to her husband, Tim Laurence - Telegraph

Congratulations to The Princess Royal!

Indeed, congratulations to Princess Anne! :flowers:
A very worthy and well-deserved promotion.

Zonk, "Horse & Hound" is the oldest equestrian magazine in the UK (and the world, I think): it has been published since 1880's. Among those who actually read the magazine, it is better known by its nickname - "Nag & Dog". “Horse & Hound” is my favourite equestrian magazine: I greatly enjoy reading the printed version and visit their wonderful website practically every day. “Eventing” comes close second though.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Princess Royal on her promotion, very fine indeed!

Great news, congratulations to Anne, the Princess Royal. She truly deserves it. :flowers:

Look how nice her body and legs are at 59. Even as a 26 year-old man, I have to admit that The Princess Royal has a very nice figure where lots of younger ladies can't beat her.

:previous:I agree. YOu know, I have never read of TPR dabbles in natreopathic medicine or wholeistic. Would be interesting to know since she obvious takes excellent care of herself!

TPR looks lovely. Do recipients know in advance that PC or TPR are going to be standing in for HM, I wonder if they feel disappointed at all

I don't think that the invitation to an Investiture states that; but I am sure that when you expect The Queen, you have a very perfect 'stand-in' in the form of Charles or Anne. And I have the impression that The Princess Royal really takes it as an honour and a duty to do it for her mother; because I see that she laughs more and enjoying herself more than perhaps on endless other visits, when she sometimes has a more 'serious' and in my eyes sometimes dull appearance on the face. Here she really shines and gleames.

Again Princess Anne attended Investitures at Buckingham Palace,
London, December 4, 2009. The pregnant lady is Badminton player
Gail Emms who received an MBE for her outstanding sporting career.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Again Princess Anne attended Investitures at Buckingham Palace,
London, December 4, 2009. The pregnant lady is Badminton player
Gail Emms who received an MBE for her outstanding sporting career.

Lovely pictures. Good at Charles or Anne may be at carrying out the investiturtes, I personally would feel a bit cheated if I was expecting HM, and ended up with one of the "substitutes", for want of a better term!

iceflower - thanks so much for the pics. It all looks good except for the coat TPR is wearing

My immediate thought was she could lend it to Gail Emms after the ceremony to cover her baby bump for the journey home

It's always a pleasure :flowers:

The Princess Royal during a visit to The Royal Scots Borderers, 1st
Battalion the Royal Regiment of Scotland at Dreghorn Barracks in
Edinburgh, Scotland. December 14, 2009

Thanks iceflower. I like seeing pics of Anne involved with visiting the military.

You're welcome, Opal :flowers:

The Princess during a visit to the refurbished Scotstoun Stadium
in Glasgow, which she officially opened, January 14, 2010.

Pic 1 is a good shot :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga *

I ifnd that a little strange since the article mentions they used to date, and a little awkward because his ex-wife is now her sister-in-law.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know how the press like to fuel speculation about the royal family.

I am surprised that didn't repeat the often repeated story that Anne and Andrew Parker-Bowles were lovers while both were married for the first time as well.
Frankly I couldn't care less so long as they do their work well their private lives are none of my business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anne certainly is the hardest worker of her generation in the family.

I ifnd that a little strange since the article mentions they used to date...
Their past history is no secret. They mix in the same social circles, they've known each other for years and years, they attend many of the same events, they share similar interests, they are basically country gentry, Andrew P-B is part of the trusted inner circle and no doubt they will continue to be firm friends and confidants and provide mutual support in times of need for the rest of their lives. Such is the value of long-term friendship and rock-solid trusted relationships where discretion is absolute and unwavering.

Princess Anne visits new £25m hospital - Peterborough Today

The Princess Royal officially opened Spalding's Johnson Community Hospital during an hour long visit yesterday (21 January).

Bristol news | Princess Royal trotting into Bristol for Henbury launch

Avon Riding Centre for the Disabled is gearing up for a royal visit when Princess Anne opens a new outdoor arena in Henbury.

Slideshow: Princess Royal delights people across Norfolk - Norfolk Video News - EDP24

The Princess Royal spent a busy day visiting a range of projects across Norfolk today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom