The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Gentry

The Princess Royal is on a Diamond Jubilee Tour to Zambia this week (September 24 - 28).

allAfrica.com: Zambia: Princess Anne Arrives On Tour of Duty

This morning she visited former Zambian president Kenneth Kaunda in the hopsital in Lusaka.

Zambia: Princess Anne visits KK | LusakaTimes.com

Old 09-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

Hopefully the British media will give this tour some notice.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Hopefully the British media will give this tour some notice.
You'll be lucky, Anne won't be making on DM headlines.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought this visit to Africa was a working visit for her role as president of the Commonwealth Agricultural Society as opposed to a Jubilee visit.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
I thought this visit to Africa was a working visit for her role as president of the Commonwealth Agricultural Society as opposed to a Jubilee visit.
According to the engagements list, it's for both reasons.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Courtier

I've got a book on her on hold at the library. It's the only book about her they have, and it's the only copy too! It was written in 1987, when she became Princess Royal. It's called Anne: The Working Princess.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I just checked both the Royal homepages and the Zambia newspapers. Nothing beyond Anne's arrival and a visit she made to Kenneth Kaunda. :( Not even a latest Royal Image at royal.gov.uk.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Her engagements in Zambia have been mentioned in the court circular, all have been in her capacity as President of the Royal Agricultural Society of the Commonwealth.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Zambia does have quite a bit of things happening just now. I just hoped for any coverage. With the funeral of the former first lady, I understand why not.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

BUCKINGHAM PALACE: The Princess Royal, President, Royal Agricultural Society of the Commonwealth, this morning attended the Annual Conference at the Royal Livingstone Hotel, Mosi-Oa-Tunya Road, Livingstone, Zambia.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon visited Livingstone War Memorial and laid a wreath.

The Princess Royal, President, Royal Agricultural Society of the Commonwealth, later attended the Annual Conference at the Royal Livingstone Hotel.

Her Royal Highness, President, Royal Agricultural Society of the Commonwealth, this evening attended a Conference Dinner at the Royal Livingstone Hotel.

I don't think a trip focusing on agriculture will bring much coverage.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Agriculture is not that dull. It keeps people from starving. And I tend to ask, why would the Zambian press not snap a photo or two? Zambia is about the size of Texas in the US. Zambia has half the population of Texas. I bet if Anne visited Texas to talk about cows and feed crops some paper would take her picture. Yes, I know, different cultures and different countries.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Gentry

Well, here's something.

"Princess Anne addresses the congregation at the Anglican Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Lusaka"

Pic

Zambia: Queen Elizabeth pledges devotion for promotion of peace | LusakaTimes.com
Old 09-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice job PssKatie! She stepped into a tough situation with the funeral upcoming. Lovely outfit - I love the pearl set and she has added a golden brooch. THANKS!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS
Nice job PssKatie! She stepped into a tough situation with the funeral upcoming. Lovely outfit - I love the pearl set and she has added a golden brooch. THANKS!
Love the beige dress with the pink floral pattern! Pink always looks good on an older woman like Anne. I don't like the hat, though. I think it's too big and out of proportion to her head. Also it's kind of lopsided.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Gentry

The Princess Royal visited the Olympic Youth Development Center today, as a member of the IOC.

TwitPic

Princess Anne lights up OYDC | Zambia Daily Mail

She also visited the Kasisi Orphanage. I couldn't find any articles about this visit but here's a picture from Twitter.

TwitPic
Old 09-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PssKatie View Post
The Princess Royal visited the Olympic Youth Development Center today, as a member of the IOC.

TwitPic

She also visited the Kasisi Orphanage. I couldn't find any articles about this visit but here's a picture from Twitter.

TwitPic

Thanks again!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PssKatie

TwitPic

TwitPic
Love that coral dress on her!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Gentry

The Princess Royal addressed Parliament in Lusaka yesterday.

Pic

Princess Anne urges commitment to graft fight | Times of Zambia

Woo agro-investors to Zambia, Princess Anne urged | Zambia Daily Mail

On a shallow note, I love her outfit.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PssKatie
The Princess Royal addressed Parliament in Lusaka yesterday.

Pic

Princess Anne urges commitment to graft fight | Times of Zambia

Woo agro-investors to Zambia, Princess Anne urged | Zambia Daily Mail

On a shallow note, I love her outfit.
Love the hot pink skirt!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

The Princess Royal at the Investiture today:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Image...12PSSRINT2.jpg

Closed Thread

Tags
princess anne, princess royal, timothy laurence