The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On October 11 Princess Anne attended the King's Squad Passing Out Parade in Lympstone, Exmouth, Devon.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** thisiscornwall.co.uk: PICTURES: Princess Anne takes salute at Marines base **

** westernmorningnews.co.uk: PICTURES: Princess Anne at passing-out parade at Lympstone **

Old 10-15-2013, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Anne has visited the National Oceanography Centre in Southampton on October 10 to name the RRS Discovery, a new research ship for UK marine science.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** noc.ac.uk: Royal Research Ship Discovery named by HRH The Princess Royal **

** dailyecho.co.uk: Princess Royal names RRS Discovery at the National Oceanography Centre...**

Old 10-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Anne has opened the Paediatric Ward and Operating Theatres as part of the 150th anniversary of the Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in East Grinstead, West Sussex today, October 17:

** bbc: Princess Royal opens Queen Victoria Hospital theatres **

** thisissussex.co.uk: PHOTOS: Princess Anne visits East Grinstead's QVH to open theatres **
Old 10-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does the Princess Royal have a PA that travels with her? In all those photos I have looked at, I have never noticed.
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 10-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Royal missed an engagement due to bad weather and the helicopter not being able to manage.

http://t.co/lXhP3umFYO

She obviousyl doesnt rate the vitriol that Catherine got, and she was only late.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-20-2013, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Anne to visit Toronto on regiments tour 2

Princess Anne to visit Toronto on regiments tour | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun
Old 10-21-2013, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

On October 18 Princess Anne as Royal Commodore-in-Chief Portsmouth attended a Passing Out Parade at HMS SULTAN in Gosport, Hampshire.

** portsmouth.co.uk video: Princess Anne guest of honour at Gosport’s HMS Sultan **

One day earlier she had visited Block Mills, HM Naval Base, Portsmouth and the Royal Marines School of Music at HM Naval Base.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** portsmouth.co.uk: Princess Anne visits Royal Marines School of Music in Portsmouth **
Old 10-24-2013, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Anne is in Canada since Tuesday, October 22. Yesterday, October 23, she visited the Canadian Forces Medical Services Training Centre, Canadian Forces Base Borden, she attended a reception at Queen's Park and a 33 Signals Foundation Dinner at the National Club in Toronto.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** torontosun.com: My tea with Princess Anne — sort of ** ctvnews.ca videos **
Old 10-25-2013, 12:56 AM
Majesty

Thanks for posting the video.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

You are most welcome, Dman!

Yesterday, October 24, Princess Anne visited the Vimy War Memorial, unveilled a statue of Mercury and attended a book launch reception at the Canadian Forces Base Kingston and she attended a 110th anniversary dinner at the Marriott Hotel in Kingston.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** thewhig.com article and video: Kingston royal fans welcome Princess Anne **
Old 10-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oooh, lavender and camo - one of my favorites. Seriously though, a nice visit by a hard working Royal.
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 10-29-2013, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, October 28, Princess Anne visited the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Wood in Normanton le Heath, Leicestershire and as Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Army Veterinary Corps she opened the new Kennels at the Defense Animal Centre, Melton Mowbray.

** itvcom: Royal opens military dog kennels **

** leicestermercury.co.uk: Princess Anne opens new dog kennels in Melton **
Old 10-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Princess Royal missed an engagement due to bad weather and the helicopter not being able to manage.

http://t.co/lXhP3umFYO

She obviousyl doesnt rate the vitriol that Catherine got, and she was only late.
Well, year in year out she is one of the hardest working members of BRF, so I imagine that the 'man on the street' is wlling to cut her some slack if the helicopter couldnt fly and she was hours away by car. Those who are less consistantly hard working might not be given the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday, October 28, Princess Anne visited the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Wood in Normanton le Heath, Leicestershire and as Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Army Veterinary Corps she opened the new Kennels at the Defense Animal Centre, Melton Mowbray.

** itvcom: Royal opens military dog kennels **

** leicestermercury.co.uk: Princess Anne opens new dog kennels in Melton **
New and different handbag!

As to missing an engagement and not being raked over the coals, I suspect this is the upside of being considered one of the less interesting of the royals. I do love it when she choppers out and does 5 stops in a day!
Old 11-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Anne presented Afghanistan Medals at the Dalton Barracks, Abingdon on October 31:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 11-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Majesty

JB ‏@Royal_beans 5h
The City of Barrie and Georgian College presented Princess Royal with a brooch: 8 diamonds, sodalite and amethyst http://twitpic.com/dk5c92

JB ‏@Royal_beans 5h
The City of Barrie & Georgian College presented HRH Princess Royal with a bracelet: diamond & blue sodalite beads http://twitpic.com/dk5cfd

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-05-2013, 11:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
JB ‏@Royal_beans 5h
The City of Barrie and Georgian College presented Princess Royal with a brooch: 8 diamonds, sodalite and amethyst http://twitpic.com/dk5c92

JB ‏@Royal_beans 5h
The City of Barrie & Georgian College presented HRH Princess Royal with a bracelet: diamond & blue sodalite beads http://twitpic.com/dk5cfd
(Putting my proud of my area cheering cap on...). The diamonds on the brooch of the cap badge of The Frey and Simcoe Foresters? Came from the diamond mine in my hometown!! We're more well known for our Nickel and Copper Mines, but about 10 years ago a mining company had the bright idea that since we're in what's considered to be "The Mother Lode" area of The Canadian Shield, the odds there were also Diamonds to be found could be worth the risk. Sure enough, there are!! :)

Sorry for the bragging, but AFAIK, this the first time any of the Diamonds found in our area have been used for such an important and very Special Gift. Wonder if HRH will wear it for The Festival of Rememberance?
Old 11-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

(Putting my proud of my area cheering cap on...). The diamonds on the brooch of the cap badge of The Frey and Simcoe Foresters? Came from the diamond mine in my hometown!! We're more well known for our Nickel and Copper Mines, but about 10 years ago a mining company had the bright idea that since we're in what's considered to be "The Mother Lode" area of The Canadian Shield, the odds there were also Diamonds to be found could be worth the risk. Sure enough, there are!! :)

Sorry for the bragging, but AFAIK, this the first time any of the Diamonds found in our area have been used for such an important and very Special Gift. Wonder if HRH will wear it for The Festival of Rememberance?
If Princess Anne had gone just 25 minutes up the road, she would have been in the birthplace of the greatest folk singer of all time (who is fast approaching his 75th birthday), just shy of 2 hours north of where I live. HORRIBLE rush hour traffic though, for a city of only 30,000 people. It took us 3 hours to drive the last 120 miles home from the cottage this summer. I doubt Princess Anne has any interest in folk music though. Too bad, because the auditorium of the local opera house is named after him.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Majesty

Video:
Princess Anne: why Britain should consider eating horsemeat-
Video: Princess Anne: why Britain should consider eating horsemeat - Telegraph

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was really shocked when I saw that on CNN this morning. Most equestrians are horrified at the thought of eating horsemeat. To me it would be like eating a baby.

Tags
princess anne, princess royal, timothy laurence