The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
How many women could still fit into the same dresses they wore 20-30 yrs ago? Most would have tossed them out years ago simply because they dont fit anymore.
Really? Every year on my Anniversary I model my wedding dress of 23 years ago to my 11 yeAr old daughter. It's. silly little tradition that I think she likes because the second part is he trying it on to model downstairs for daddy. I have riding breeches 25 years old too

Old 07-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Good for you, although I do believe you and Anne are in the minority when it comes to still being able to fit into clothes you wore 20-30 yrs ago.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unfortunately, Anne often wears the same styles from that time. She is a great lady and has done much, but don't tout her fashion, not that that is important. Her hair is a nightmare, she needs makeup and her clothes, although, some recently were much better, need a stylist, since she can afford that kind of stuff. She has chosen to look like yesterdays leftovers, she could do anything. She is not a good looking woman, but she must have something, she has had two husbands and several suitors. On the other hand, she is the queen's daughter.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Unfortunately, Anne often wears the same styles from that time. She is a great lady and has done much, but don't tout her fashion, not that that is important. Her hair is a nightmare, she needs makeup and her clothes, although, some recently were much better, need a stylist, since she can afford that kind of stuff. She has chosen to look like yesterdays leftovers, she could do anything.
Please stop imposing your silly fashion standards on Princess Anne. There are far more jobless royal women out there who will sufficiently entertain you with tonnes of make-up/stylists/designers/hair-dos..
Anne has far more meaningful things to do and she will probably stay in history as the most active daughter of a British monarch (or in fact any monarch) ever..
These fashions/jewels have always been there, and will always be there..nothing..absolutely nothing big..
Old 07-31-2013, 06:30 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Unfortunately, Anne often wears the same styles from that time. She is a great lady and has done much, but don't tout her fashion, not that that is important. Her hair is a nightmare, she needs makeup and her clothes, although, some recently were much better, need a stylist, since she can afford that kind of stuff. She has chosen to look like yesterdays leftovers, she could do anything. She is not a good looking woman, but she must have something, she has had two husbands and several suitors. On the other hand, she is the queen's daughter.
This is something I've always admired about Anne. She has never bowed to the public's perception of what a princess ought to be. Anne dresses to please herself, if only more women and girls would do the same than maybe our society would have less of a problem with body image. I think she can look very striking, especially when she smiles or laughs.

There isn't actually that much to gain in terms of rank or fame by marrying the Queen's daughter, so I think her relation to monarch would have played a very small role in attracting any suitors.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Some looks always remain classics. I think, for example, that Catherine's look is very Jacqueline Kennedy. Unfortunately, Annes fashion taste is not Jaqueline Kennedy esque!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by teapot View Post

This is something I've always admired about Anne. She has never bowed to the public's perception of what a princess ought to be. Anne dresses to please herself, if only more women and girls would do the same than maybe our society would have less of a problem with body image. I think she can look very striking, especially when she smiles or laughs.
I couldn't agree more. In the words of Taylor Swift, "You've got a smile that could light up this whole town".
Old 08-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yesterday, August 1, Anne attended the Laying Up Ceremony of the last King's Own Scottish Borderers Colours at The Barracks, Parade, Berwick-Upon-Tweed and she visited the Regional Youth Camps at the Cherry Garth Scout Campsite in Grimsby, Lincolnshire.

** itv.com: Princess Anne visits region **

** berwick-advertiser.co.uk: VIDEO: Royal send off for KOSB’s famous colours **

** thisisgrimsby.co.uk: Video: Princess Anne visits Cherry Garth camp site **
Old 08-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Majesty

Oh Anne! You look a right Charlie in that: Princess Royal channels Chaplin in look at Gatcombe Horse Trials:
Princess Royal channels Charlie Chaplin in look at Gatcombe Horse Trials | Mail Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-06-2013, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, August 5, Princess Anne, together with husband Tim, has started a two-day-visit on the Isle of Wight.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio **

** iwcp.co.uk: Scouts welcome royal visitor **
Old 08-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Commoner

Oh yay, its a Tim sighting! Is Anne wearing the same jacket the Daily Fail claimed was Chaplin-esque?? I didn't see any resemblance to the famous comic at all. Bizarrely, I'm sure I've seen a picture somewhere of the Queen and Princess Anne meeting Charlie Chaplin.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Aristocracy

Somehow she reminds me a bit of Hyacinth Bucket when they went sailing on a yacht.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice look for Anne in casual slacks and blazer; she looks ready to hoist a sail or two. Maybe even take a turn at the wheel!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
Somehow she reminds me a bit of Hyacinth Bucket when they went sailing on a yacht.
Now now....It's not "Bucket". It's "Bouquet".

I love that show too.

Loved Anne's look today and it was totally her too. That shirt/blouse she had on under the blazer though? In a way I wish HRH had opened the blazer and given us a better look at it, as it looked so pretty the little of it we saw. Oh well... :)
Old 08-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
That shirt/blouse she had on under the blazer though? In a way I wish HRH had opened the blazer and given us a better look at it, as it looked so pretty the little of it we saw. Oh well... :)
She's tantalizing us with glimpses of that nice blouse; she needed to undo a few more buttons.....on the blazer, not the blouse! Well, maybe another button on the blouse.....
Old 08-08-2013, 05:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Anne visits Cowes Week 2013 | Yachting World
Old 08-13-2013, 12:29 AM
Nobility

I just realized Princess Anne's birthday is in 2 days! How time does fly!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Majesty

Happy Birthday to HRH The Princess Royal!

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-08-2013, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

On September 4 Princess Anne opened Ace Winches Global Headquarters in Turriff, she attended the Women in Industry Seminar at Offshore Europe 2013 in Aberdeen and visited the Aberdeen Seafarers Centre.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** energyvoice.com: Royal celebration for offshore engineering firm Ace Winches **
Old 09-19-2013, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

On September 17 Princess Anne visited the Castle Semple Centre in Lochwinnoch, opened a factory extension at Peak Scientific Instruments Limited in Inchinnan, Renfrewshire and opened the Prestige Bottling Hall in Paisley, Renfrewshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** paisleydailyexpress.co.uk: Princess has a dram **

** thespiritsbusiness.com: Princess Anne gives Chivas bottling plant royal welcome **

Tags
princess anne, princess royal, timothy laurence