The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday, July 15, Princess Anne visited the 14th Signal Regiment (Electronic Warfare) at Cawdor Barracks, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** westerntelegraph.co.uk: Princess Anne flies into Brawdy barracks to visit Signals regiment **

** walesonline.co.uk: Princess Anne meets servicemen and women at closing Pembrokeshire base in Brawdy **
Wise, that woman!

Old 07-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Anne was in Oxfordshire, yesterday, July 22, to attend a reception at Hft Bytes, Milton, Abingdon and to visit the Defense Explosive Ordnance Disposal, Munitions and Search Training Regiment at St. Georges Barracks, Bicester.

** oxfordmail.co.uk: Princess is full of praise for learning disability charity **

Old 07-24-2013, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, July 23, Princess Anne was in West Yorkshire to open the newly renovated Underground Tour and Roadways at the National Coal Mining Museum and to visit the Anaerobic Digestion Unit at Clayton Hill Farm in Wakefield. She opened the Candy Makers in Beeston, Leeds and attended the Herriot Hospice Homecare 21st Anniversary Garden Party at Eelmire, Masham, North Yorkshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk: Sweet treat for Princess Anne in Leeds **

** examiner.co.uk: Princess Anne answers questions on the Duchess of Cambridge's baby while visiting National Coal Mining Museum **
Old 07-25-2013, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Anne paid a visit to Lincolnshire, yesterday, July 24. She visited Hykeham Sailability Club in Linclon on the occasion of its 5th anniversary and attended a Service of Dedication for the Puritan Path Tourism Project at St. Botolph's Church in Boston.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** thisislincolnshire.co.uk: Princess Anne in Boston **

** thisislincolnshire.co.uk: Princess Anne visits Lincolnshire **

** lincolnshireecho.co.uk: HRH Princess Anne visits Hykeham Sailability Club **

** bostonstandard.co.uk: VIDEO: Princess Anne visits Boston’s historic new pathway **
Old 07-26-2013, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, July 25, Princess Anne visited the Christian Youth Enterprises Sailing Centre in Chidham, Chichester.

** chichester.co.uk: Princess Anne visits Chidham **

And as a belated addition here are some pics and information of an event from July 11 - Anne had opened Dolphin Square Charitable Foundation's Key Worker Housing in London:

** londoninformer.co.uk: Princess Anne opens new Pimlico affordable flats **

** express.co.uk: A royal welcome to our very own palace in Pimlico **
Old 07-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Anne attended the Betfair Weekend King George Day and Summer Garden Party at Ascot Racecourse today, July 27, 2013.

** Pic ** daylife ** gettyimages/zimbio **
Old 07-30-2013, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

On July 26 Princess Anne opened a Devon Partnership NHS Trust Secure Unit, the Dewnans Centre, at Langdon Hospital in Dawlish.

** exeterexpressandecho.co.uk: Princess Anne unveils new £27million unit at Dawlish psychiatric hospital **
Old 07-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Courtier

Got to admire Anne for doing engagements like that, not that many other members of the Royal Family would.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Got to admire Anne for doing engagements like that, not that many other members of the Royal Family would.
I'm sorry but if Prince Charles was asked to open the centre I'm pretty sure he'd turn up as well.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Courtier

Would he be asked in the first place though?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Would he be asked in the first place though?
Why wouldn't he? They do the engagements they're asked, unless there are clashes.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Courtier

My comment was a throw away light hearted comment and there is no need to make a fuss about it. It refelcts MY OWN OPINION that Anne is willing to do visits to a number of places not traditioanlly associated with Royals (for example the numerous visits to prisons she makes on behealf of the Butler Trust).
Old 07-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
My comment was a throw away light hearted comment and there is no need to make a fuss about it. It refelcts MY OWN OPINION that Anne is willing to do visits to a number of places not traditioanlly associated with Royals (for example the numerous visits to prisons she makes on behealf of the Butler Trust).
You would be amazed how little it takes to cause a fuss re: ANYTHING that could be construed as less than glowing about Charles.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Courtier

which is hilarious as I didn't even specifically mention (or really even mean) Charles in my post. ;-)
Anyway...
This probavly should go elsewhere but it made me laugh, got to admire the way Anne is so frugal with her clothes and I don't blame her!!

Princess Anne's style is not to all tastes but our thriftiest royal will even dust off a look she's not worn for 32 years | Mail Online
Old 07-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Majesty

I don't know much about ladies fashion but Anne dress as if she's at least in her 70's or 80's. She's a pretty fit lady and I think when it comes down to some of her outfits, she needs to think again.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Courtier

Without turning this into a fashion page, I have to agree, as much as I like Anne she isn't teh best desser in the Royal Family (or any family) but then again its not what she is about. Wearing clothes from 30 years ago is just part of who she is.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Just how big are their wardrobes? - they must take up rooms!

Put away a coat which costs £1500+ and bring out again 20 years later. Seen twice in 20 odd years (this is not an exact example but gives the gist).

Is that frugal?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Nobility

It seems like Anne just had her birthday, and she's coming up on another one!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Courtier

I remember when the Queen was being shown round an exhibition of her clothes at Buckingham Palace before the summer oprning she commented something along the lines of "well one of the wardrobes somewhere must be empty" I know Anne is not the Queen but I imagine all the royal ladies to have massive wardrobes the size of rooms.
If she really only wears an item once or twice then no I suppose its not frugal but I rather suspect she wears them more than that whether its in private when we don't see or in public and just not picked up by the media.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

How many women could still fit into the same dresses they wore 20-30 yrs ago? Most would have tossed them out years ago simply because they dont fit anymore.

Tags
princess anne, princess royal, timothy laurence