The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Aristocracy

I was very excited last night - through my job I do occasionally get invited to posh dos, and I was at one last night with Princess Anne - and I was put on the list to be introduced to her! We chatted fairly innocuously about volunteering, but I wanted to touch her to check she was real. Of course I wanted to make her over, but we'll let that one go. Anyways, she seemed incredibly down to earth, and very very knowledgeable about the charity sector (where I work) with a depth of understanding that many people in the sector do not have. Anyway, I have achieved a goal, and at last have met a Royal! Hurrah!

Old 03-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Nobility

Congratulations James!

Old 03-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Does she do them in the Queen's absence?
The Queen might be off to Windsor, or she might be at the Palace, but doing other of her schedules. But as i have explained earlier on, the Investitures have been divided, so Prince Charles and Princess Anne sometimes stand in, and give the Queen a hand.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Princess Anne today attened the England vs Scotland match at Twickenham where she presented the Calcutta Cup to the winning English team

Old 03-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeralds and Opals View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...se-trials.html

"Princess Royal warns flowers and food will have to be cut back at Gatcombe horse trials."
And portable loos. Hope she likes to clean up the mess afterwards.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Congratulations, James. I might have an opportunity to stumble across Norwegian royals but otherwise it's not likely in the Midwest, unless you're in Chicago.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Well done, James! Down-to-earth are words that are often used to describe The Princess Royal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James in London View Post
I was very excited last night - through my job I do occasionally get invited to posh dos, and I was at one last night with Princess Anne - and I was put on the list to be introduced to her! We chatted fairly innocuously about volunteering, but I wanted to touch her to check she was real. Of course I wanted to make her over, but we'll let that one go. Anyways, she seemed incredibly down to earth, and very very knowledgeable about the charity sector (where I work) with a depth of understanding that many people in the sector do not have. Anyway, I have achieved a goal, and at last have met a Royal! Hurrah!
Old 03-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely and nice.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Aristocracy

Gatcombe is hosting a horse event this weekend.

The Land Rover Gatcombe One Day Event 2009
Old 04-08-2009, 04:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Jordan turns down lunch invite at Buckingham Palace - Telegraph
Quote:
However, the 30-year-old said she hopes to be able to accept a separate offer from the Princess Royal to visit her home, Gatcombe Park in Gloucestershire, to take tea and watch polo
Old 04-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Nobility

England v Scotland - RBS Six Nations - Pictures - Zimbio

England v Scotland - RBS Six Nations - Pictures - Zimbio

I love these photos.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Really. Has an offer been extended by the Princess then?
:)
Oh and too chavy for cartier polo indeed.
x
Old 04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, to be a fly on the wall during that meeting! An odd pairing of people, IMO
Old 04-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

yes, jordan is the person i would least expect to meet the princess royal. oh well, life has strange things, i guess. i wonder if it was true that anne invited her to her house or if what she meant is that she would like to be invited. it sounds to me most odd. is katie actually a good horsewoman?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Princess Royal endeavoured to bring a touch of summer to the Easter gathering at Windsor Castle, opting for a choice of headgear that stuck an incongruous note with the dismal skies overhead.

Princess Royal's touch of summer for a grey Easter Sunday - Telegraph
Old 04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
yes, jordan is the person i would least expect to meet the princess royal. oh well, life has strange things, i guess. i wonder if it was true that anne invited her to her house or if what she meant is that she would like to be invited. it sounds to me most odd. is katie actually a good horsewoman?
apparently she is a decent rider and has written a book on pony care which was slated by experts for being basic but commended by vets and animal welfare groups for being a practical beginners guide with very good advice for the new pony owner. (I havent read it) I did see an interview with Jordan?Katie? where she talked about it cant remember where.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

National Newspaper Front Pages On Monday, April 13 2009 | UK News | Sky News

Princess Anne on the front cover of the Daily Telegraph.
x
Old 04-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Gentry

see, that's one reason why I like Anne...she is brave and has a great self-confidence^^. That makes her cute in some ways.
while taking about cute, look at that picture. Isn't it kind of cute?

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/R...72wvGsQL5l.jpg
Old 04-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Anne, The Princess Royal attends The April Meeting at Cheltenham on April 16, 2009 in Cheltenham, England.
Getty
Getty
Getty
Getty
Gallery Getty

Tags
princess anne, princess royal, timothy laurence