Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 4: June 2007-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 6.12.2007

The Princess Royal meets The Drifters at St James' Palace
in London where they were providing entertainment for the
war veteran's reception hosted by the Princess, 6 Dec 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I guess she would have rather fallen on her royal patootie under her own steam than to be helped. I actually thought it was not very well done that she did not thank him for his attempt to help her. And they say chivalry is dead. He did try.

On the other hand, her hair is looking much shinier and less crispy these days, so that's better.
Pity he didn't try a little sooner, she was already 'down' and to then have someone trying to grab you, normally causes more pain than allowing you to fall. He was lucky not to receive her normal retort! :D

iceflower
Thank you for all the wonderful pictures, her dress sense has certainly taken an upward turn. She looks really nice.

I don't think Anne has ever welcomed or encouraged the media, IMO, she believes she is able to do her work without them and I think she is right. On more than one occasion I understand, she has pointed out that X charity should be the focus, not her. Certainly an unsung herione in the charity stakes. :flowers:

** Pic 1 **
The Drifters look great but that is one SCARY Elvis! :eek:

Pity he didn't try a little sooner, she was already 'down' and to then have someone trying to grab you, normally causes more pain than allowing you to fall. He was lucky not to receive her normal retort! :D

iceflower
Thank you for all the wonderful pictures, her dress sense has certainly taken an upward turn. She looks really nice.

I don't think Anne has ever welcomed or encouraged the media, IMO, she believes she is able to do her work without them and I think she is right. On more than one occasion I understand, she has pointed out that X charity should be the focus, not her. Certainly an unsung herione in the charity stakes. :flowers:
Skydragon, if you look at the film, I think he tried to help her as fast as the reactions of a man of his age would allow. I think it would have been gracious of her to thank him, at the very least, for trying to help instead of being rude to someone who is trying to help. By her usual respose do you mean the infamous 'naff off'?

ps nice to see you, everyone was in a tizzy when you went silent for a few days!:flowers:

Skydragon, if you look at the film, I think he tried to help her as fast as the reactions of a man of his age would allow. I think it would have been gracious of her to thank him, at the very least, for trying to help instead of being rude to someone who is trying to help. By her usual respose do you mean the infamous 'naff off'?

ps nice to see you, everyone was in a tizzy when you went silent for a few days!:flowers:

Her comment was "no, don't do that". Anne's later comments (when she was back on her own feet) are really not audible without special equipment to remove background noise. He was gallant to try, but I don't know if you have every slipped on ice, but the last thing you want anyone to do is to try to catch you (under the arm pits) when you're on the way down. You can actually do more harm than good.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

In picture 2, is the man in wheelchair Henry Allingham, the 110-year-old veteran of both world wars?

She has been known to use stronger!:rolleyes: Even royals get embarrassed and it could well have been an embarrassed reflex. I was once heard telling a St Johns ambulance man to 'go away' after I came off one of my horses at an event! :blush: I like and admire Anne and I felt really sorry for her on this occasion, she really hurt herself and yet she carried on and all the press could go on about was that she had appeared annoyed.
the last thing you want anyone to do is to try to catch you (under the arm pits) when you're on the way down. You can actually do more harm than good
Exactly.

Last edited:
Yes. She had an impressive 613 engagements in 2007 and 2007 year had only 365 days.

waw,She's really hardowrking, we don't hear a lot about her, but she is always busy and works!

All you hear is how "rude" she is. Not all the complete GOOD she does!

Princess Anne works her tail off and rarely gets any credit for all that she does. I really admire her work ethic. :flowers:

All you hear is how "rude" she is. Not all the complete GOOD she does!

Oh I think she can be extremely rude but that doesn't detract from her fantastic work ethic and the effort she puts in. I just think she can't be doing with the obsequious idiots who simply crave a word from a Princess.

Yes. She had an impressive 613 engagements in 2007 and 2007 year had only 365 days.
wow! Is all I can say! She really works hard, but you never see much about her events.

Pics 4.1.2008

...and she's busy again...:)

Princess Anne at the The Oxford Farming Conference, the
Examination Schools, Oxford, Britain - 04 Jan 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I'm glad to see that princess Anne got some good press finally. It's very few and far between that you see this nice press about her. I like her outfit in the pictures above at the Oxford Farming conferance. I also liked what she was wearing on Christmas. She has really been looking nice lately.
I hope we see more of her in 2008.

...and she's busy again...:)

Princess Anne at the The Oxford Farming Conference, the
Examination Schools, Oxford, Britain - 04 Jan 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Thank you for the pictures iceflower, again... :flowers:

I'm not too keen on this outfit, but then I don't expect she would be too keen on some of mine! :ROFLMAO:

Oh I think she can be extremely rude but that doesn't detract from her fantastic work ethic and the effort she puts in. I just think she can't be doing with the obsequious idiots who simply crave a word from a Princess.
I think it's more brusqueness than rudeness. But then again, it's all in how people take it.

I think it's more brusqueness than rudeness. But then again, it's all in how people take it.

Exactly! I get the impression that her attitude is one of "I have a job to do, get out of my way."

Exactly! I get the impression that her attitude is one of "I have a job to do, get out of my way."
That would be known as being "green" in the colors class I teach, meaning "All Logic, little emotion." :D

I think her mentality is great! Definitely something that I wish I had a little more of.

As Kermit said, it's not easy being green!:D

I think that is a little harsh, perhaps 'I have a job to do, shall we get on with it"? When she visits or does something for the ILPH, she is clearly interested and lets everyone know she is interested. She also has a keen sense of humour, no worrying about getting horse muck or dog hair on her clothes. :flowers:

Pics 15.1.2008

Princess Anne opening the Samuel Johnson Community
Hospital, Staffordshire, Britain - 15 Jan 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Those pictures are great! Thanks iceflower.:flowers: I think Anne's attire was well-assembled and suited the occasion quite well. :)

Wow! Where can I get a coat like that?? I LIKE IT!!!

Princess Anne opening the Samuel Johnson Community
Hospital, Staffordshire, Britain - 15 Jan 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Thank you iceflower, you take such trouble to find us these pictures. :flowers: I'm not sure that I like this outfit, what I do like is the happy smiling face! :flowers:

Pics 16.1.2008

You are all most welcome :flowers::flowers:
Skydragon, I would not do so if it wasn't great fun for me :) I've
always been the first to find the easter eggs, that hasn't changed much ..;):)

So here are the newest pics:
Princess Anne at The Collins Stewart London Boat Show At Excel
Docklands, London - 16.01.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom