Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 4: June 2007-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i've found that anne is a lot like her father, as skydragon has said, but she seems to have some of the same qualities as her late aunt margaret had in that she "is a princess and don't you forget it".

From a Horse and Hound news story, I followed a link to this weekend's horse trails at Gatcombe. In the News section there is an audio interview with Captain Mark Phillips were he says that 40 to 50,000 people turn up to a Gatcombe event. Given the recent announcement, maybe more than that will attend. Fancy having that many people in one's backyard for the weekend!

Welcome to Gatcombe Park

Nice picture here from British Eventing of a Gatcombe event.

BE Involved - British Eventing

Pics 1.8.2007

Princess Anne, the Princess Royal meets performers at rehearsals for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo at Redford Barracks on August 1, 2007 in Edinburgh, Scotland. The Tattoo is in its 58th season and this year has performers from the Far East, New Zealand and South Africa. (Photo by Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images)

Anne 1
Anne 2

An extremely cute boy, I hope Anne has seen him too :) : Pic 1 - Pic 2

Pics 5.8.2007

PRINCESS ANNE AND PRINCESS HAYA OF JORDAN (the new President of the Federation Equestre
Internationale (FEI)) with Mary King, who claimed her fourth British Open Championships at the
Festival of British Eventing, Gatcombe. The Princess was hosting the 25th Gatcombe Horse Trials
on her estate in Minchinhampton, Gloucsetershire 05/07/2007

Pic 1

Pic 2

Anne with Timothy

What lovely pictures iceflower, thank you for posting them. :flowers:

Anne looks so young and happy in them, that is always nice to see! :wub:

Pics 4.8.2007

You are most welcome as always, Skydragon :flowers:

What I had not noticed in these pics is that Anne has a broken finger, you can see it in the
pics of the abaca gallery from Saturday
Here's a nice additional pic from it, showing Anne talking to her husband and her ex husband :

The Princess Royal with broken finger, talks to her husband Tim Lawrence and her ex husband Mark Phillips
during the prize ceremony accompanied by her husband Tim Lawrence at the Gatcombe Horse Trials in
Gatcombe, UK on August 4, 2007 --> Pic

Pics 7.8.2007

British royal HRH Princess Anne at Smiths Lawn, UK, 07/08/2007.

Pic 1 - I wonder what kind of sign she made ;)

Pic 2 - with many many dogs :)

You are most welcome as always, Skydragon :flowers:

What I had not noticed in these pics is that Anne has a broken finger, you can see it in the
pics of the abaca gallery from Saturday
Here's a nice additional pic from it, showing Anne talking to her husband and her ex husband :

The Princess Royal with broken finger, talks to her husband Tim Lawrence and her ex husband Mark Phillips
during the prize ceremony accompanied by her husband Tim Lawrence at the Gatcombe Horse Trials in
Gatcombe, UK on August 4, 2007 --> Pic
I think this very natural picture of Anne and her husband smiling at each other speaks volumes and puts paid to all the speculation here and in the British tabloid press about the state of their marriage.

i've found that anne is a lot like her father, as skydragon has said, but she seems to have some of the same qualities as her late aunt margaret had in that she "is a princess and don't you forget it".

Certainly, I believe she is a stickler for doing things as they ought to be done by custom. In that sense, she is very Windsor. I think where the father comes in is her attitude of expecting the rest of the world to walk to the same drum because, my goodness, what is so wrong with people that they can't understand how these things are supposed to be and just "get on with it"? :D
The pictures from Gatcombe Park prize giving are great. I love how she interacts with Tim and Mark. Tim even looks semi-relaxed, which is a miracle for him! ;)

British royal HRH Princess Anne at Smiths Lawn, UK, 07/08/2007.

Pic 1 - I wonder what kind of sign she made ;)

Pic 2 - with many many dogs :)
Thank you for the pictures iceflower! :flowers:
I don't think it was a rude gesture, I think she was just trying to get a friend to notice her. She was probably thinking, are you short sighted, can't you see me! :ROFLMAO:
I believe she is a stickler for doing things as they ought to be done by custom. In that sense, she is very Windsor. I think where the father comes in is her attitude of expecting the rest of the world to walk to the same drum because, my goodness, what is so wrong with people that they can't understand how these things are supposed to be and just "get on with it"?

I think Anne is great, she is probably easy with friends, but those on the periphery should know their b****y place! :lol:

I think Anne is great, she is probably easy with friends, but those on the periphery should know their b****y place! :lol:

Yes, true, and I will add that I think she has made all of her closest friends earn their special place! I only meant that she has tough standards and she doesn't put up with crap from anyone, so her friends would have to be people who share these high standards. Cases in point are her two husbands, such high achievers in their fields, and her kids! Zara, World champion for Three Day Eventing!

I'm so glad there is a Princess Anne Forum!!!!

Its so hard getting information on princess Anne in America. She is never reported on, Out of all the Queen's children she is the least likely to be reported on. I had to beg A & E to do a Biography on her, they did do one a few years ago.I feel bad about the rumors of her second marriage being in trouble,the queen will never allow her to divorce and marry again.

Pics 1.9.2007

Princess Anne and her husband Tim Lawrence at the Burghley Horse Trials to watch
Zara's competion there, Lincolnshire, Britain - 01 Sep 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Great pictures Iceflower, thanks for them! :flowers:
A great Anna & Zara picture and a great Anne & Tim picture.

HRH The Princess Royal To Open The Centenary Conference Of The Royal Society For Tropical Medicine & Hygiene, UK

HRH The Princess Royal will open the Centenary Conference of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene 'One Hundred Years of Tropical Medicine: Meeting the Millennium Goals' at 9am on Thursday 13 September 2007 at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in Westminster, London. HRH The Princess Royal is an Honorary Fellow of the Society.

This special centenary event will provide researchers and practitioners working in the field of international health with the latest information on developments in both medicine and international policy which are contributing to the alleviation of poverty and ill-health in the developing world in line with the eight UN Millennium Development Goals.

I know what you mean about the mother and daughter photo. It's just that I wish that the women equestrians would adopt a top similar to what the Princess Royal is wearing. It would be a much better look.

I know what you mean about the mother and daughter photo. It's just that I wish that the women equestrians would adopt a top similar to what the Princess Royal is wearing. It would be a much better look.
If you mean the Barbour-type coat, many equestrians wear them when not competing. However during competition, the rules state 'proper attire required' which is what you see Zara wearing.:flowers:

the British equestrian attire and traditions are different from the Continental styles. The Three Day Event seems unique to Britain. I've never seen any Continental competitions incorporating the cross country part, though the show jumping and the dressage parts are done on the Continent. Why is that so? Or am I just missing it?
Also, the form of dress is totally different. I have never seen a Continental rider wearing he box style hat, or top hat (?) you see Zara wearing in the dressage part of the trials.

Pics 13.9.2007

One hundred years of Tropical Medicine at the Queen Elizabeth II Hall, Westminster, London.
HRH The Princess Royal attends the Conference opening. 13/09/07

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

The Princess Royal is hosting another horse trail this weekend. I guess she will be there but her thoughts will be with Zara in Italy.

Gatcombe International 2007

The icon in the top right is for the British Eventing website and there is two stories about the championship in Italy.

Princess Anne, the Princess Royal and her husband, Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence attend the cross country stage of the European Equestrian Championship in Pratoni del Vivaro, south of Rome, 15 September 2007. Princess Anne's daughter Zara Phillips is taking part in the competition

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

the British equestrian attire and traditions are different from the Continental styles. The Three Day Event seems unique to Britain. I've never seen any Continental competitions incorporating the cross country part, though the show jumping and the dressage parts are done on the Continent. Why is that so? Or am I just missing it?
Also, the form of dress is totally different. I have never seen a Continental rider wearing he box style hat, or top hat (?) you see Zara wearing in the dressage part of the trials.

Forgive me but I am not following your line of query? Please define Continental as Three Day Eventing is world wide, as is the style of dress code.

Please read the Wiki pages explaining the origins in full, including dress code.

Eventing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dressage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

British Olympic Association > Summer Sport > Dressage > Equipment Olympic dressage attire

Last edited:
A&E did a biography on Princess Anne? That's pretty amazing. It seems like we have to hunt to find any sort of interview with her or about her these days. I think it's because she has the smarts to stay out of the limelight, so to speak, so that the articles written about her personal life and the reports of her royal engagements don't coincide. I think her duty as a royal is quite remarkable, and the fact that she takes care of business as well as care for her family is just amazing. :rolleyes:

Forgive me but I am not following your line of query? Please define Continental as Three Day Eventing is world wide, as is the style of dress code.

Please read the Wiki pages explaining the origins in full, including dress code.

Eventing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dressage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

British Olympic Association > Summer Sport > Dressage > Equipment Olympic dressage attire

Thank you for the helpful references. I realized that the event itself is worldwide, and of course the traditions of dress are carried over to the event. I only meant that the origin for the traditions seem to be uniquely British, that is to derive entirely from the British equestrian styles.
Even though the Rolex Kentucky Three Day is in the US, it all just seems so British to me, and the much-hailed "Kentucky Derby" is just another way of American rich trying to pretend like they are British aristocrats enjoying a day at the Epsom. :lol:

Even though the Rolex Kentucky Three Day is in the US, it all just seems so British to me, and the much-hailed "Kentucky Derby" is just another way of American rich trying to pretend like they are British aristocrats enjoying a day at the Epsom. :lol:

How does the saying go? - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :D

Saying that, the Western style of riding still doesn't catch on in England, it's to do with a fear of releasing the contact on the bit - too much Pony Club instilled in everyone. :lol:

My apologies if the links appeared patronising, as I said I was unsure as to your actual query and wanted to cover all bases.

Plus, there is that enormous generosity in letting all those people make use of her place for horse events like this weekend when no one is even home.

I wonder who will be giving out the prizes?

Very true, Onassis. In many respects, the British way is very good to imitate.
:flowers:

Meanwhile, enjoy this lovely picture of HRH the Princess Royal, 3 September 2007, during a visit to the Taigh Chearsabhagh Museum & Arts Centre, Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist.
Source: Royal Insight/Press Association

Last edited:
I feel bad about the rumors of her second marriage being in trouble,the queen will never allow her to divorce and marry again.

HM would allow her daughter to divorce if HRH was truly unhappy, but of course the rumors are most likely invented. The Princess seems very contented with her life. The rumors seem to have died down. I guess they were drowned out by Peter's engagement and Zara's ongoing equestrian triumphs. Since there was probably no truth in the rumors, there was no more for the tabloids to report on, so the rumor mysteriously disappears.
Amen. :)

Anne has her flaws like all of us, but I have always admired her work ethic and her ability to stay true to herself. She doesn 't want to be particularly fashionable or worry about looking years younger that she is. She just wants to be herself. When I see Peter and Zara, very down to earth and nice people it really is such a strong reflection of Anne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom