The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 12-07-2007, 04:51 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 33,157
Pics 6.12.2007

The Princess Royal meets The Drifters at St James' Palace
in London where they were providing entertainment for the
war veteran's reception hosted by the Princess, 6 Dec 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #122  
Old 12-08-2007, 01:29 AM
atrain83's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Phoenix, United States
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I live outside the UK and this video is inaccessible--I was just curious if anyone knew a way to view via another source such as youtube, etc. I enjoy all of the wonderful pictures. Thanks!
__________________

  #123  
Old 12-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I guess she would have rather fallen on her royal patootie under her own steam than to be helped. I actually thought it was not very well done that she did not thank him for his attempt to help her. And they say chivalry is dead. He did try.

On the other hand, her hair is looking much shinier and less crispy these days, so that's better.
Pity he didn't try a little sooner, she was already 'down' and to then have someone trying to grab you, normally causes more pain than allowing you to fall. He was lucky not to receive her normal retort!

iceflower
Thank you for all the wonderful pictures, her dress sense has certainly taken an upward turn. She looks really nice.

I don't think Anne has ever welcomed or encouraged the media, IMO, she believes she is able to do her work without them and I think she is right. On more than one occasion I understand, she has pointed out that X charity should be the focus, not her. Certainly an unsung herione in the charity stakes.
  #124  
Old 12-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Princess Royal meets The Drifters at St James' Palace
in London where they were providing entertainment for the
war veteran's reception hosted by the Princess, 6 Dec 2007

** Pic 1 **
The Drifters look great but that is one SCARY Elvis!
  #125  
Old 12-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Pity he didn't try a little sooner, she was already 'down' and to then have someone trying to grab you, normally causes more pain than allowing you to fall. He was lucky not to receive her normal retort!

iceflower
Thank you for all the wonderful pictures, her dress sense has certainly taken an upward turn. She looks really nice.

I don't think Anne has ever welcomed or encouraged the media, IMO, she believes she is able to do her work without them and I think she is right. On more than one occasion I understand, she has pointed out that X charity should be the focus, not her. Certainly an unsung herione in the charity stakes.
Skydragon, if you look at the film, I think he tried to help her as fast as the reactions of a man of his age would allow. I think it would have been gracious of her to thank him, at the very least, for trying to help instead of being rude to someone who is trying to help. By her usual respose do you mean the infamous 'naff off'?

ps nice to see you, everyone was in a tizzy when you went silent for a few days!
  #126  
Old 12-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Skydragon, if you look at the film, I think he tried to help her as fast as the reactions of a man of his age would allow. I think it would have been gracious of her to thank him, at the very least, for trying to help instead of being rude to someone who is trying to help. By her usual respose do you mean the infamous 'naff off'?

ps nice to see you, everyone was in a tizzy when you went silent for a few days!
Her comment was "no, don't do that". Anne's later comments (when she was back on her own feet) are really not audible without special equipment to remove background noise. He was gallant to try, but I don't know if you have every slipped on ice, but the last thing you want anyone to do is to try to catch you (under the arm pits) when you're on the way down. You can actually do more harm than good.
  #127  
Old 12-12-2007, 12:46 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Princess Royal meets The Drifters at St James' Palace
in London where they were providing entertainment for the
war veteran's reception hosted by the Princess, 6 Dec 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
In picture 2, is the man in wheelchair Henry Allingham, the 110-year-old veteran of both world wars?
  #128  
Old 12-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
In picture 2, is the man in wheelchair Henry Allingham, the 110-year-old veteran of both world wars?
It is Henry, who turned 111 on 6th June this year.
  #129  
Old 12-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Skydragon, if you look at the film, I think he tried to help her as fast as the reactions of a man of his age would allow. I think it would have been gracious of her to thank him, at the very least, for trying to help instead of being rude to someone who is trying to help. By her usual respose do you mean the infamous 'naff off'?
She has been known to use stronger! Even royals get embarrassed and it could well have been an embarrassed reflex. I was once heard telling a St Johns ambulance man to 'go away' after I came off one of my horses at an event! I like and admire Anne and I felt really sorry for her on this occasion, she really hurt herself and yet she carried on and all the press could go on about was that she had appeared annoyed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
the last thing you want anyone to do is to try to catch you (under the arm pits) when you're on the way down. You can actually do more harm than good
Exactly.
  #130  
Old 01-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Sephora's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg ville, Luxembourg
Posts: 524
Princess Anne , The Most Hardworking Royal

Anne still hardest working royal as Queen increases duties
  #131  
Old 01-03-2008, 06:08 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,662
Yes. She had an impressive 613 engagements in 2007 and 2007 year had only 365 days.
  #132  
Old 01-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Sephora's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg ville, Luxembourg
Posts: 524
waw,She's really hardowrking, we don't hear a lot about her, but she is always busy and works!
  #133  
Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,071
All you hear is how "rude" she is. Not all the complete GOOD she does!
  #134  
Old 01-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Liz's Avatar
Liz Liz is offline
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 95
Princess Anne works her tail off and rarely gets any credit for all that she does. I really admire her work ethic.
  #135  
Old 01-03-2008, 08:43 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
All you hear is how "rude" she is. Not all the complete GOOD she does!
Oh I think she can be extremely rude but that doesn't detract from her fantastic work ethic and the effort she puts in. I just think she can't be doing with the obsequious idiots who simply crave a word from a Princess.
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #136  
Old 01-03-2008, 08:50 PM
msleiman's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greenville, United States
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Yes. She had an impressive 613 engagements in 2007 and 2007 year had only 365 days.
wow! Is all I can say! She really works hard, but you never see much about her events.
  #137  
Old 01-05-2008, 11:38 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 33,157
Pics 4.1.2008

...and she's busy again...

Princess Anne at the The Oxford Farming Conference, the
Examination Schools, Oxford, Britain - 04 Jan 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #138  
Old 01-06-2008, 10:08 AM
daisygoogles's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 123
I'm glad to see that princess Anne got some good press finally. It's very few and far between that you see this nice press about her. I like her outfit in the pictures above at the Oxford Farming conferance. I also liked what she was wearing on Christmas. She has really been looking nice lately.
I hope we see more of her in 2008.
  #139  
Old 01-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
...and she's busy again...

Princess Anne at the The Oxford Farming Conference, the
Examination Schools, Oxford, Britain - 04 Jan 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Thank you for the pictures iceflower, again...

I'm not too keen on this outfit, but then I don't expect she would be too keen on some of mine!
  #140  
Old 01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Oh I think she can be extremely rude but that doesn't detract from her fantastic work ethic and the effort she puts in. I just think she can't be doing with the obsequious idiots who simply crave a word from a Princess.
I think it's more brusqueness than rudeness. But then again, it's all in how people take it.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
princess anne, princess royal, timothy laurence


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013 Elspeth Current Events Archive 1006 01-01-2014 01:52 PM
Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 3: January-June 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 194 06-25-2007 08:10 AM
Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 2: August 2005-January 2007 marezdote Current Events Archive 146 01-12-2007 02:41 PM




Popular Tags
addresses andrew scott cooper ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit blatnik catherine middleton style corbyn coronation coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary's work for women's rights crown princess mary fashion current events david armstrong-jones diana dictatorship duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style kate middleton killing king abdullah ii king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion queen juliana queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion september 2016 sheikha mozah's fashion state visit state visit to denmark successes succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats visit to canada


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises