Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 4: June 2007-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this sounds repetitive but I, as well, appreciate the generosity put forth by iceflower to provide us pictures of some of the engagements Anne attends. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in.:cool:

I like the comment posted by andrew about her sunglasses. I, too, have noticed a trend in Anne's sunglass wear (which is the case for most of her outfits) and that is the fact that she puts use to the accessories that will gain her the most utility for the occasion, such as shoes, boots, hats and sunglasses. I noticed that sometimes she will wear a nice suit jacket with a skirt, but in the same outfit she will include shoes you would wear on a yacht along with some sporty shades.

I mean, it's whatever will suit HRH to get the job done, without worrying about coordination within an outfit. I think that's pretty cool.;) But that's not to say that she doesn't always coordinate her outfits. There are times when she's spot on. I just really admire her sensibility.:rolleyes:

Thank you very much for your kind words, atrain83 :)

I've found some more pics of Anne yesterday and as she
looks so relaxed and like having a lot of fun, I can't resist to add them ;)

** Anne 1 ** Anne 2 ** Anne 3 ** Anne 4 **

Pics 18.1.2008

Princess Royal visits flood hit town

Princess Royal with local councillor Graham Dawson walk past
debris in a skip that is part of the flood damage material from
the floods in July 2007 at Newtown, Tewkesbury, 18 Jan 08:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Sorry, I am sure it would look wonderful on you, it just doesn't do a lot for Anne, IMO. :flowers:
Wow, thank you iceflower, :flowers: even more great pictures of a happy smiling Anne
Gosh thanks! I do try to keep my size 6 figure! :D

Princess Royal to unveil Equestrian Hall of Fame wall of honour

The ceremony will be at the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment headquarters in Knightsbridge (opposite Hyde Park) on Wednesday, February 20 from around 3.30pm. It is to be attended by many of the Hall of Fame's Laureates. Members of the public are invited to attend the event.

Additional laureates including HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Captain Mark Phillips, Nick Skelton and Douglas Bunn, and more legendary horses, such as Beethoven, Tosca, Arko III and Shear H2O, were announced at later events

Royal visitor to Admiralty stand

The Princess Royal gave Royal approval to Taunton's UK Hydrographic Office last week as the star guest at the Admiralty Leisure stand at the London Boat Show.
She spent time at the stand finding out about the latest charts available for the small craft and leisure mariner.
The Princess Royal was particularly interested in a new chart for the River Thames and asked about future developments.

Picture -----> Princess Anne looking at the new chart for the River Thames

Although you can see only the upper part of the outfit, I think Anne looks splendid! :)

Last edited:
It's so nice to see Anne SMILING. YAY Anne!

She's not gorgeous - but I think she's REGAL. I look at her and I can't help but think of the first Elizabeth - Anne would have done justice to the ruffs and heavy tapestried dresses of the 16th century's Tudor women.

I've been thinking - she's pushing SIXTY, and shows no signs of stopping. Fair play to her, as well!

Yeah, I think the same thing in terms of her age.

I thought the other day about how she's getting older in age, but she's incredibly fit and healthy for the age she's at. I think, at the pace she's going, Anne will have great longevity.

Pic 3.2.2008

RUGBY - 6 NATIONS TOURNAMENT 2008 -
SCOTLAND v FRANCE - 03/02/2008
You can see Anne as well as her husband Tim in that picture:

---> Pic

Any pics of Princess Anne and Timothy Laurence at Murrayfield on Sunday? I watched the game and Princess Anne looked very regal in her brown fur outfit.

See post 162 (^^^) from iceflower. :flowers:
Any pics of Princess Anne and Timothy Laurence at Murrayfield on Sunday? I watched the game and Princess Anne looked very regal in her brown fur outfit.

I don't really like the hat and scarf. I don't know why,, I just don't like it.

Pic 23.2.2008

Princess Anne, the Princess Royal attends the RBS 6 Nations
Championship match between Ireland and Scotland at Croke
Park on February 23, 2008 in Dublin, Ireland:

----> Pic

Pics 26.2.2008

British Royal, Princess Anne visits Hillcrest primary School
to deliver a speech on the prevention of Knife crime Leeds,
England - 26.02.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thanks for the pictures iceflower. :cool: I like the 1st and 4th ones; I think she looks young for her age in these.

Pics 28.2.2008

You are very welcome, atrain83 :flowers:

On the following pics she looks great as well:
Princess Anne, Princess Royal visits the Army Cadet Force,
on February 28, 2008 in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire:

PRINCESS Anne reassured carers at the opening of the new Carlisle Carers resource centre that help with their role is at hand.

News and star

Video

You are very welcome, atrain83 :flowers:

On the following pics she looks great as well:
Princess Anne, Princess Royal visits the Army Cadet Force,
on February 28, 2008 in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire:

Now is this something like a West Point?

Now is this something like a West Point?
No, it's similar to an after school club. They run a (sometimes) structured training scheme for youngsters, which can includes Fieldcraft, Skill at Arms, Map and Compass reading, First Aid, Survival Skills and of course the dreaded Drill. Although the Army Cadet Force (they have them for the RAF (ATC) and Navy as well) teaches many things military, they are not part of the army and all instructors are civilians, (many are ex forces). They get the chance to go on summer camps and indulge in outdoor activities, rock climbing, canoeing, firing ranges. It is a great start for anyone hoping to join up and some of the activities count towards their DoE awards.

I sound like a recruitment officer! :ROFLMAO: It can be great fun for them, while teaching them discipline.

No, it's similar to an after school club. They run a (sometimes) structured training scheme for youngsters, which can includes Fieldcraft, Skill at Arms, Map and Compass reading, First Aid, Survival Skills and of course the dreaded Drill. Although the Army Cadet Force (they have them for the RAF (ATC) and Navy as well) teaches many things military, they are not part of the army and all instructors are civilians, (many are ex forces). They get the chance to go on summer camps and indulge in outdoor activities, rock climbing, canoeing, firing ranges. It is a great start for anyone hoping to join up and some of the activities count towards their DoE awards.

I sound like a recruitment officer! :ROFLMAO: It can be great fun for them, while teaching them discipline.
Boy and Girl Scouts! But they have cool hats! Or berets!
Neat! :)

RUGBY - 6 NATIONS TOURNAMENT 2008 -
SCOTLAND v FRANCE - 03/02/2008
You can see Anne as well as her husband Tim in that picture:

---> Pic

They don't look too happy. Maybe Scotland was losing.

A real advantage to Cadets for families is that the government picks up the tab! I had a friend who learned how to fly when she was still a teenager through the Air Cadets.:flowers:

A real advantage to Cadets for families is that the government picks up the tab! I had a friend who learned how to fly when she was still a teenager through the Air Cadets.:flowers:
Yes, they do get some funding, but the ATC here does not offer flying instruction. The government funding is quite poor and most of them indulge in the never ending fund raising. Your country seems to offer a lot more than the UK, not that I am surprised. :flowers:

Pic 8.3.2008

Scotland captain, Mike Blair receives the Calcutta Cup from HRH
Princess Anne during the RBS Six Nations Championship match
between Scotland and England at Murrayfield on March 8, 2008
in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Seems it did not help that she wore green - the colour of hope ;)

---> Pic

Pics 14.3.2008

Princess Anne, Princess Royal looks on during the David Nicholson
Mares Hurdle race on day four of the Cheltenham festival at
Cheltenham Racecourse on March 14, 2008, in Cheltenham, England

Great smile and a funny hat :) You can always see how much she
enjoys those races..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom