The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Courtier

I think this the first time i see princess Anne without gloves.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Anne talks to a woman after a ceremony at the San Fransisco de Asis school in Lima, July 10, 2007

terra

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...ba321744fg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...ba3229716g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...ba320b344g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...ba318c308g.jpg

Old 07-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
a bit too 'all in the family' for my taste! Can you imagine handing out the gifts a christmas? Here's one for my sister's husband who used to be my wife's husband....a bit weird. And the press would certainly have an absolute field day.
I think he would just continue to call him Andrew. You are right though, the press would have a field day, not that that would stop Anne.

Lovely pictures fanletizia, thank you, at least she looks happy.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

I have never paid much attention to Princess Anne, can someone tell me what she is like? I have heard stories of course about her being her fathers daughter but I don't think they meant that in a good way. I know she works very hard at her job but what kind of person is she, was she a good mother?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

From the press reports over the years, I think we can assume she has a slightly abrasive character when it comes to dealing with anyone she see's as an idiot, especially reporters and anyone that thinks she is a 'normal' human being. She does come across as being tough and uncompromising from what we read, but a large amount of charities are happy to have her as their patron, so that says a lot, IMO.

Is she a good parent - look at how down to earth, independent and outgoing her children are, that says to me she has done a very good job of being their mother.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 11.7.2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Nice pictures once again iceflower. I'm afraid I have failed the frown test already!
Well, at least we've tried our best, Skydragon

Thanks a lot for the nice pics, fanletizia, here are the newest ones:

Britain's Princess Anne, left, shakes hands with Brazil's President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, during
a meeting at the Presidential Palace in Brasilia, Wednesday, July 11, 2007. (AP Photo/Eraldo Peres)

Pic 1
Pic 2
Old 07-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
From the press reports over the years, I think we can assume she has a slightly abrasive character when it comes to dealing with anyone she see's as an idiot, especially reporters and anyone that thinks she is a 'normal' human being. She does come across as being tough and uncompromising from what we read, but a large amount of charities are happy to have her as their patron, so that says a lot, IMO.
In the program about the Queen that I watched last night on PBS, they were talking about the first time the royal family started doing walk about and meeting the people lined up to see them, and they showed an interview clip of Anne talking about it. When the reporter asked if she liked them, she said something like "Well, no"! and asked the reported how'd he would like being forced to talk to random people. And the way she said it was kind of rude I thought. I was sort of suprised how blunt she was but not too suprised since I've heard the stories about her personality before.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think the perceived problem with how Anne talks to people is because she has the typically British sense of humour. What she thinks is going to be a funny quip, can cause others to step back and think 'oh'. That is probably why some people think she is like her father. I have a vague recollection from years ago, that someone asked her if she intended having more children and she replied in the vein of 'whatever for'. The person then asked her 'don't you like children', she replied 'does anybody'?

It is something that happens on the forums as well, where what one poster thought would be funny is misunderstood and taken the wrong way entirely.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
My understanding is that there was no annulment of the Camilla mariage and as such no catholic marriage for wife #2. Look if one is strict catholic or cares about such things, he's in a state of sin. Unfortunately for her, I hear that Rosemary's (#2) cancer has relapsed. Although for the purposes of this discussion,as theirs is the relevant issue, long as Camilla is alive, no marriage 'in the church' for CPB and Anne. Do you think the Queen will every allow a twice divorced Princess Anne to marry a third time...especially to a divorced man...who was previously married to the second wife of the prince of wales? Sorry, but this is getting a bit 'incestuous'!
if andrew didn't have his marriage to camilla annulled by the vatican then he wouldn't be able to marry in the catholic church and you would be absolutely correct. however, even a strict catholic following the procedure set out by the vatican to have their marriage annulled would feel fine...and i can speak from experience here.

as for anne marrying again, i asked that question back a little while ago and still wonder that IF she did want to marry again, would HM give her blessing.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 13.7.2007

Here are some very nice pics of Anne having fun:

Princess Anne , The Princess Royal, at the Trust for Carers Race Evening at Windsor Race Course, Berkshire, Britain - 13 Jul 2007:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Royal Highness

i've found that anne is a lot like her father, as skydragon has said, but she seems to have some of the same qualities as her late aunt margaret had in that she "is a princess and don't you forget it".
Old 08-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Aristocracy

From a Horse and Hound news story, I followed a link to this weekend's horse trails at Gatcombe. In the News section there is an audio interview with Captain Mark Phillips were he says that 40 to 50,000 people turn up to a Gatcombe event. Given the recent announcement, maybe more than that will attend. Fancy having that many people in one's backyard for the weekend!

Welcome to Gatcombe Park

Nice picture here from British Eventing of a Gatcombe event.

BE Involved - British Eventing
Old 08-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 1.8.2007

Princess Anne, the Princess Royal meets performers at rehearsals for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo at Redford Barracks on August 1, 2007 in Edinburgh, Scotland. The Tattoo is in its 58th season and this year has performers from the Far East, New Zealand and South Africa. (Photo by Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images)

Anne 1
Anne 2

An extremely cute boy, I hope Anne has seen him too : Pic 1 - Pic 2
Old 08-06-2007, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 5.8.2007

PRINCESS ANNE AND PRINCESS HAYA OF JORDAN (the new President of the Federation Equestre
Internationale (FEI)) with Mary King, who claimed her fourth British Open Championships at the
Festival of British Eventing, Gatcombe. The Princess was hosting the 25th Gatcombe Horse Trials
on her estate in Minchinhampton, Gloucsetershire 05/07/2007

Pic 1

Pic 2

Anne with Timothy
Old 08-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

What lovely pictures iceflower, thank you for posting them.

Anne looks so young and happy in them, that is always nice to see!
Old 08-07-2007, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 4.8.2007

You are most welcome as always, Skydragon

What I had not noticed in these pics is that Anne has a broken finger, you can see it in the
pics of the abaca gallery from Saturday
Here's a nice additional pic from it, showing Anne talking to her husband and her ex husband :

The Princess Royal with broken finger, talks to her husband Tim Lawrence and her ex husband Mark Phillips
during the prize ceremony accompanied by her husband Tim Lawrence at the Gatcombe Horse Trials in
Gatcombe, UK on August 4, 2007 --> Pic
Old 08-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Pics 7.8.2007

British royal HRH Princess Anne at Smiths Lawn, UK, 07/08/2007.

Pic 1 - I wonder what kind of sign she made

Pic 2 - with many many dogs
Old 08-13-2007, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
You are most welcome as always, Skydragon

What I had not noticed in these pics is that Anne has a broken finger, you can see it in the
pics of the abaca gallery from Saturday
Here's a nice additional pic from it, showing Anne talking to her husband and her ex husband :

The Princess Royal with broken finger, talks to her husband Tim Lawrence and her ex husband Mark Phillips
during the prize ceremony accompanied by her husband Tim Lawrence at the Gatcombe Horse Trials in
Gatcombe, UK on August 4, 2007 --> Pic
I think this very natural picture of Anne and her husband smiling at each other speaks volumes and puts paid to all the speculation here and in the British tabloid press about the state of their marriage.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
i've found that anne is a lot like her father, as skydragon has said, but she seems to have some of the same qualities as her late aunt margaret had in that she "is a princess and don't you forget it".
Certainly, I believe she is a stickler for doing things as they ought to be done by custom. In that sense, she is very Windsor. I think where the father comes in is her attitude of expecting the rest of the world to walk to the same drum because, my goodness, what is so wrong with people that they can't understand how these things are supposed to be and just "get on with it"?
The pictures from Gatcombe Park prize giving are great. I love how she interacts with Tim and Mark. Tim even looks semi-relaxed, which is a miracle for him!
Old 08-25-2007, 05:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
British royal HRH Princess Anne at Smiths Lawn, UK, 07/08/2007.

Pic 1 - I wonder what kind of sign she made

Pic 2 - with many many dogs
Thank you for the pictures iceflower!
I don't think it was a rude gesture, I think she was just trying to get a friend to notice her. She was probably thinking, are you short sighted, can't you see me!
Quote:
I believe she is a stickler for doing things as they ought to be done by custom. In that sense, she is very Windsor. I think where the father comes in is her attitude of expecting the rest of the world to walk to the same drum because, my goodness, what is so wrong with people that they can't understand how these things are supposed to be and just "get on with it"?
I think Anne is great, she is probably easy with friends, but those on the periphery should know their b****y place!

Tags
princess anne, princess royal, timothy laurence