The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
A bow tie on a woman is rarely flattering.
I think she takes alot from her farther Prince Phillip and she might be a bit more maskulin than her brother Charels and Edward.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:46 PM

Well, it's been a long time coming. Many of us have had this front page in our diaries for a few years now. Poor old Anne.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Courtier

My comment on this is Poor old men she married...

Stellad
Old 06-17-2007, 04:28 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho View Post
in sky news the journalists are going to comments in a few minutes, the possible divorce of anne and her husband. The front cover of the article about the possible divorce. Sky News Pictures -
The story appears to have been removed from the Sky News site, or it's still there but I can't find it.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, it is in the Sunday Express - perhaps they have finally run out of front page Diana stories.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Courtier

I think Andrew Parker Bowles is Anne's love of her life but unfortunately he is a roman cathelic and they cannot marry. It is Anne and her husband's decison anyway but if it were true it will upset her mother again.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Royal Highness

wow...that's really something. someone in the RF, twice divorced is big news. best of luck to both of them.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, it hasn't happened yet, so we'll have to wait and see.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Nobility

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: News / Showbiz :: 'Divorce No 2 for Anne' It's back on the sun website too. I could see being "unofficially" separated, but I wonder why they would bother to get divorced? Unless Laurence wanted it.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Nobility

Oh dear! I hope the story is wrong but I have a feeling it's right.

Stories like this have been circulating now for years!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

2 remarks on the article

Firstly, if she and other members of the royal family did indeed continue to treat Tim as a servant after the marriage, i can see where he would get fed up eventually.

Second, what is it with the Parker Bowles family that has such a powerful attraction that 'former flames' remain still in love with them after decades apart? Quite ironic that PA and PC both fell for the Parker Bowles.

Do we think that QE will allow a second divorce? Do we think that PA will be allowed to marry a third time? How weird would it be for Camilla and Andrew to now be brother and sister in laws?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Do we think that QE will allow a second divorce? Do we think that PA will be allowed to marry a third time? How weird would it be for Camilla and Andrew to now be brother and sister in laws?
I don't think the Queen would allow a second divorce - well, not without a fight anyway!

I'm not sure Anne could be bothered marrying for a third time to be honest. Anne seems really independent. I could imagine her carrying on with her charity work and living the quiet life with her dogs and horses, her children near and future grandchildren.

I don't think we need worry about Camilla and Andrew being linked through family. I mean, is Andrew not happily married?

HOWEVER, no announcment has been made so I think I'll stop rambling because all this could be untrue and Anne and Tim may be happy after all?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
I don't think the Queen would allow a second divorce - well, not without a fight anyway!

I'm not sure Anne could be bothered marrying for a third time to be honest. Anne seems really independent. I could imagine her carrying on with her charity work and living the quiet life with her dogs and horses, her children near and future grandchildren.

I don't think we need worry about Camilla and Andrew being linked through family. I mean, is Andrew not happily married?

HOWEVER, no announcment has been made so I think I'll stop rambling because all this could be untrue and Anne and Tim may be happy after all?
I dont know about happily or if they are even still married. APB has been, shall we say, a man about town throughout his whole adult life. I think one of the reasons he tollerated Camilla and Charles' affair for so long was he was a very 'busy' fellow himself. But perhaps he was Anne's 'true love'. I dont see how they can marry unless he converts from Catholicism,if even that would do.Perhaps one of our English posters can enlighten me onto the succession/catholicism issue? I think as it stands now, Anne would have to give up place in the succession, like Prince Michael did. Of course at this point she's quite far down the list.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

There is also a story on the Hola website. I do hope it isn't true!
Old 06-19-2007, 04:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I dont know about happily or if they are even still married. APB has been, shall we say, a man about town throughout his whole adult life. I think one of the reasons he tollerated Camilla and Charles' affair for so long was he was a very 'busy' fellow himself. But perhaps he was Anne's 'true love'. I dont see how they can marry unless he converts from Catholicism,if even that would do.Perhaps one of our English posters can enlighten me onto the succession/catholicism issue? I think as it stands now, Anne would have to give up place in the succession, like Prince Michael did. Of course at this point she's quite far down the list.
If Princess Anne married a Catholic (unless he converted), she would have to give up her place in the line of the succession. Her children would remain in the line however, because they were raised in Anglican faith.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Second, what is it with the Parker Bowles family that has such a powerful attraction that 'former flames' remain still in love with them after decades apart? Quite ironic that PA and PC both fell for the Parker Bowles.
I had read something in some tabloid about Parker Bowles being in the picture again with Anne -- does anyone have anything concrete to verify?
Old 06-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Aristocracy

Remember a couple years ago, there were rumors of a separation? Then they went sailing together. Maybe we should wait until an official anoucment.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Nobility

Isn't that Andrew Parker Bowles behind Princess Anne?

Galerías de imágenes

Where's
Old 06-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton View Post

Galerías de imágenes

Where's

i believe you're correct.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton View Post
Galerías de imágenes
Where's
It is indeed APB, Tim couldn't get time off, especially as he is not that interested in racing, AFAIK.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess anne, princess royal