Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 3: January-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
Well it is an unspoken rule that one doesn't touch a Royal person. He shouldn't have grabbed her the way he did.
What should he have done? just stand there and watch her role around on the blacktopped road? What if she had broken an ankle? Would it then have been appropriate to touch the exalted royal flesh to help her onto a stretcher or would that also be beyond the pale? It's not like he was trying to grope/goose her. Sometimes Anne seems to be channelling the haughty Princess Margaret.

I hope she does channel Princess M. There was a real Royal who knew her position and knew the deference that position commanded. You don't touch a Princess - simple as.

Pics 14.6.2007

Heroes Dinner for 25th Anniversary of Falklands:

The Princess Royal arrives with husband, Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence, at the Royal Naval College, Greenwich, London for a Heroes Dinner celebrating the achievements of memebers of the services decorated for action in the Falklands War on 14 June 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2

Was Anne serving the dinner? A bow tie on a woman is rarely flattering.

No Anne has never been in the forces, but is Colonel, Commandant, Commodore or Colonel in Chief for many.

8th Canadian Hussars - CIC
The Blues and Royals - Colonel
Canadian Forces Communications and Electronics Branch - CIC
Canadian Forces Medical Branch - CIC
First Aid Nursing Yeomanry - Commandant In Chief
The Grey and Simcoe Foresters - CIC
HMS Albion - Sponsor
HMS Talent - Sponsor
Portsmouth - Commodore-in-Chief
The King's Royal Hussars - CIC
The Queen's Gurkha Signals and The Gurkha Transport Regiment - Affiliated CIC
Royal Air Force Lyneham - Honorary Air Commodore
The Royal Army Veterinary Corps - CIC
Royal Australian Corps of Signals - CIC
Royal Corps of Signals - CIC
The Royal Logistic Corps - CIC
Royal New Zealand Corps of Signals - CIC
Royal New Zealand Nursing Corps - CIC
The Royal Newfoundland Regiment - CIC
The Royal Regina Rifles - CIC
The Royal Scots Regiment - Royal Colonel
Women in the Royal Navy - Chief Commandant

sometimes i think that anne is a lot like her late aunt margaret...she is a princess and don't ANYONE forget it.

in sky news the journalists are going to comments in a few minutes, the possible divorce of anne and her husband.

the front cover of the article about the possible divorce. Sky News Pictures -

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's been a long time coming. Many of us have had this front page in our diaries for a few years now. Poor old Anne.

My comment on this is Poor old men she married...

Stellad

in sky news the journalists are going to comments in a few minutes, the possible divorce of anne and her husband. The front cover of the article about the possible divorce. Sky News Pictures -
The story appears to have been removed from the Sky News site, or it's still there but I can't find it. :ermm:

Well, it is in the Sunday Express - perhaps they have finally run out of front page Diana stories. :rolleyes:

I think Andrew Parker Bowles is Anne's love of her life but unfortunately he is a roman cathelic and they cannot marry. It is Anne and her husband's decison anyway but if it were true it will upset her mother again.

wow...that's really something. someone in the RF, twice divorced is big news. best of luck to both of them.

Well, it hasn't happened yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

Oh dear! I hope the story is wrong but I have a feeling it's right.

Stories like this have been circulating now for years!

2 remarks on the article

Firstly, if she and other members of the royal family did indeed continue to treat Tim as a servant after the marriage, i can see where he would get fed up eventually.

Second, what is it with the Parker Bowles family that has such a powerful attraction that 'former flames' remain still in love with them after decades apart? Quite ironic that PA and PC both fell for the Parker Bowles.

Do we think that QE will allow a second divorce? Do we think that PA will be allowed to marry a third time? How weird would it be for Camilla and Andrew to now be brother and sister in laws?:eek:

Do we think that QE will allow a second divorce? Do we think that PA will be allowed to marry a third time? How weird would it be for Camilla and Andrew to now be brother and sister in laws?:eek:

I don't think the Queen would allow a second divorce - well, not without a fight anyway!

I'm not sure Anne could be bothered marrying for a third time to be honest. Anne seems really independent. I could imagine her carrying on with her charity work and living the quiet life with her dogs and horses, her children near and future grandchildren.:wub:

I don't think we need worry about Camilla and Andrew being linked through family. I mean, is Andrew not happily married?

HOWEVER, no announcment has been made so I think I'll stop rambling because all this could be untrue and Anne and Tim may be happy after all?;)

I don't think the Queen would allow a second divorce - well, not without a fight anyway!

I'm not sure Anne could be bothered marrying for a third time to be honest. Anne seems really independent. I could imagine her carrying on with her charity work and living the quiet life with her dogs and horses, her children near and future grandchildren.:wub:

I don't think we need worry about Camilla and Andrew being linked through family. I mean, is Andrew not happily married?

HOWEVER, no announcment has been made so I think I'll stop rambling because all this could be untrue and Anne and Tim may be happy after all?;)

I dont know about happily or if they are even still married. APB has been, shall we say, a man about town throughout his whole adult life. I think one of the reasons he tollerated Camilla and Charles' affair for so long was he was a very 'busy' fellow himself. But perhaps he was Anne's 'true love'. I dont see how they can marry unless he converts from Catholicism,if even that would do.Perhaps one of our English posters can enlighten me onto the succession/catholicism issue? I think as it stands now, Anne would have to give up place in the succession, like Prince Michael did. Of course at this point she's quite far down the list.

I dont know about happily or if they are even still married. APB has been, shall we say, a man about town throughout his whole adult life. I think one of the reasons he tollerated Camilla and Charles' affair for so long was he was a very 'busy' fellow himself. But perhaps he was Anne's 'true love'. I dont see how they can marry unless he converts from Catholicism,if even that would do.Perhaps one of our English posters can enlighten me onto the succession/catholicism issue? I think as it stands now, Anne would have to give up place in the succession, like Prince Michael did. Of course at this point she's quite far down the list.

If Princess Anne married a Catholic (unless he converted), she would have to give up her place in the line of the succession. Her children would remain in the line however, because they were raised in Anglican faith.

Second, what is it with the Parker Bowles family that has such a powerful attraction that 'former flames' remain still in love with them after decades apart? Quite ironic that PA and PC both fell for the Parker Bowles.

I had read something in some tabloid about Parker Bowles being in the picture again with Anne -- does anyone have anything concrete to verify?

Remember a couple years ago, there were rumors of a separation? Then they went sailing together. Maybe we should wait until an official anoucment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom