The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
I posted this pic in the loving looks and gestures thread. I don't think there are any major problems between Anne and her husband

dancing

(picture from Hola.com)
They're certainly dancing close together, aren't they?

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-05-2007, 04:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Royal accused of snubbing children

A furious gran claims dozens of schoolchildren were left in tears after being snubbed by the Princess Royal during her visit to Sunderland yesterday.
Linda Roy says the scores of six-year-olds who stood in the cold to welcome Princess Anne to Sunderland were left distraught when she "ignored" them.

Linda, 49, accompanied her six-year-old grandson Cameron and his classmates from Hylton Castle Primary to wave flags and cheer on the Princess's arrival.

But she says many of the youngsters burst in to tears when the princess failed to even say hello.
http://www.sunderlandtoday.co.uk/Vie...SectionID=1107

Old 03-05-2007, 06:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
They're certainly dancing close together, aren't they?
ysbel.... that isn't 'close'.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
It is a nice picture, I'm sorry I should have said that. I do think Anne and Tim had problems for a while and it does appear that they have reached an understanding. It is even possible that out of this understanding, they realised that they rub along well together.
You're right, sorry if my post came accross a bit 'harsh'

Btw, could someone perhaps provide a link (if there are any) for me to find out how Anne and Tim met. Did he work at The Palace, or am I completely wrong?
Thanks!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

HRH The Princess Royal during her visit to the Riding For The Disabled event, March 6,

Gallery

http://www.wireimage.com/SearchResul...&sfld=C&vwmd=e
Old 03-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Nobility

The hardest working royal next to the queen. I always love to read about and see pictures of Princess Anne, a tireless, no nonsense woman for sure
Old 03-11-2007, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 10.3.2007

Princess Anne watching a game yesterday:

Anne..
..having fun
Old 03-11-2007, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for pics, iceflower.She looked really enjoy the game, looking at her pointing and exciting of her face.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
You're right, sorry if my post came accross a bit 'harsh'

Btw, could someone perhaps provide a link (if there are any) for me to find out how Anne and Tim met. Did he work at The Palace, or am I completely wrong?
Thanks!
Here's a link.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for sharing this link Elspeth. It was interesting to know the story of how Princess Anne and Tim Laurence met. I really didn't know anything about his background. Again thanks for sharing.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1972
Thanks for sharing this link Elspeth. It was interesting to know the story of how Princess Anne and Tim Laurence met. I really didn't know anything about his background. Again thanks for sharing.
Tim was an equerry for Queen Elizabeth II so he worked at the palace and attended official events. Equerries come from the military ( Tim's a career naval officer) and are seconded to work at the palace for a certain length of time. ( Peter Townsend I think was an equerry too)
Tim and Anne met during the time she was married to Mark Philips and a scandal broke when a briefcase went missing which contained 'affectionate notes' from Tim to Anne. Anne and Mark Philips separated soon afterwards ( Mark Philips had also been unfaithful as he had fathered a child with a woman in New Zealand) Anne and Tim were very discrete there was no real publicity that they were seeing each other until the announcement that they were getting married.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Pics 14.3.2007

Princess Anne, Princess Royal attends the second day of Cheltenham Races on March 14, 2007 in Gloucestershire, England

Anne 1
Anne 2
Anne 3
Old 03-17-2007, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 16.3.2007

Princess Anne on the final day of Cheltenham Festival on March 16, 2007 in Gloucestershire, England.

Anne having fun
Anne with Andrew Parker-Bowles
Old 03-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Courtier

The second photo, that is Camilla's ex, yes?

Odd pairing. Charles' sister with his wife's former husband.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

That's right, Suonymona, it's Camilla's ex husband, but it's not that odd

It was said that Anne and Andrew Parker-Bowles had an affair in the early 1970s, maybe it's only been a normal friendship, but that shows that they know each other for a very long time, plus: Andrew Parker-Bowles is the owner of a race horse stable and Anne always had a lot to do with horses...
Old 03-18-2007, 05:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know about an affair, but Anne and Parker Bowles used to date, before he married Camilla.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Princess Anne on the final day of Cheltenham Festival on March 16, 2007 in Gloucestershire, England.
At one time, pre Camilla, it was thought that she might marry AP-B. I think this was before everyone realised he was Catholic.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Anne opens Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Centre

Princess Anne flew into the district by helicopter last week to officially open a rehabilitation centre for ex-racehorses in Halton.
Along with patrons and invited guests, the Princess Royal attended the Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Centre at Whinney Hill last Thursday, where she watched a demonstration by senior staff with commentary by chief trainer Julie Robinson, before unveiling a commemorative plaque.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Courtier

Ah, the Royals. It can be quite a small and overlapping world!

Thanks for the info on Mr. Parker-Bowles.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 24.3.2007

Princess Anne, Princess Royal and her son Peter look on during the show jumping competition at the British Eventing Gatcombe Horse Trials sponsored by Land Rover on March 24, 2007 at Gatcombe Park in Minchinhampton, England

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Tags
princess anne, princess royal